Rattler will pick us apart

Am sick of Banks honestly. Banks and Martinez can hit the road. Both of them. Danny White needs to just throw a lot of money at the best defensive coordinators out there. We deserve much better than this on defense honestly.
Not a DC or coaching issue, it’s a talent issue. If you want to attack their recruiting, then that’s valid.

Coach Banks is one of the most multiple defensive playcallers in the country, our corners and secondary overall aren’t P5 level players. Martinez is also a damn good coach, he’s been a DC and a coach in this conference for longer than some posters on VN have been alive.

I would love to see this team play a complete football game. I really haven't seen that from them this year. We need to take advantage of the home field against South Carolina, sharpen our fundamentals, and be the more physical football team. If we do those things, we will beat South Carolina.
If I were assured 4 full quarters of effort from the VOLS, I have no doubt they beat SC.

I honestly don't see it happening and I have receipts.

Oops. Im being negative again.

He was 18/20 last night, he’s playing at the same level he was at against us and Clemson last year. CROWD has to show up and keep their offense out of total rhyth.

Of the 18 completions ... 10 were 10 yards and less in yardage gained, 9 of those 8 yards and under. 6 were 17 yards and less. 2 were long passes. Sounds a lot like we do, if we all are being honest.

Rattler doesn't take chances which is why his completion rate is so high - he takes the sack or he runs for his life.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
I do think teams will put up a lot of points on us this year. Unless we figure out the offense, we won’t be able to keep up.

As several others have already said, and I want to say it again, Rattler is not accurate on the run however the guy is really good at escaping when the pocket collapses. We will need a 'spy' on him but if we let him sit in the pocked it will be along night for our D.

If you recall, our whole staff was picked because others said no. Heupel was picked because others said no. No one wanted to be here. Pruitt and his McDonalds sack left us with top players leaving, recruits bailing, and coaches hiding. If you think Banks was a bad hire at the time, you’re wrong. I think Martinez was a bad hire, but they wanted SEC experience and others said no. Every aspect of the defense is better this year, including DB. Jeudy Lally had a very good game, as did Tam and Burrell. Herring and Carter both took big leaps. Baron collapsed the pocket 11 times. LBs had 22 tackles. We made some mistakes. Our biggest hole isn’t on the defense by a longshot. You morons need to stop burning down the barn every time a horse craps. This team has spotty talent and depth, and we might still lose a few more games, but the shots at Banks are so misguided.
I think you misunderstood. Banks doesn’t bother me, just Martinez.

man, watching Alontae Taylor playing well in Saints Packers game makes me sad. He was our last great db.

Yeah, I guess. Those top 5 SEC defenses and the NC were hard to endure.
Because college football and the SEC are the same as it was in the 90's/early 00's. Some team may as well bring Spurrier back out, too, as OC.

I’m gonna shoot my TV’s if I have to listen to the announcers say “Beamer Ball” and “Shane Train” again and again. I’m still not over last year.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I’m gonna shoot my TV’s if I have to listen to the announcers say “Beamer Ball” and “Shane Train” again and again. I’m still not over last year.
Watched some documentaries about Elvis last week. He shot a couple of TV's in his day. Folks said he didn't care for the messages coming over the airwaves. Guess he showed them....you go boy!

VN Store

Back