Rankings

They didn’t even come close. Now way Florida deserves to be ranked that high. They have 3 losses already and 2 of them are to St John’s and Stetson.

I watched some of the Gator's series against St. Mary's. The Gaels are giving Florida all they want, and the Florida pitching staff seems very pedestrian. They seem like a fraud so far.

What does everyone think as we wrap up non conference play? I think we're better than I expected. We've got some Achilles heels like everyone else, but we're right there with the other top teams. We need Russell back and looking like he did against Texas Tech. We need a couple of the freshman pitchers to step up. if that happens will have as good a chance as anyone. I expect we'll be top 5 headed to Tuscaloosa.

Florida is having issues. Vandy is trending down. South Carolina has their own pitching questions. They also draw Arkansas and A&M in the west versus us getting LSU and Auburn. On paper, that looks like an advantage for us.

Going to be a fun ride. I can't wait for Friday. double dip of basketball in the afternoon and baseball at night. Great time of year.

What does everyone think as we wrap up non conference play? I think we're better than I expected. We've got some Achilles heels like everyone else, but we're right there with the other top teams. We need Russell back and looking like he did against Texas Tech. We need a couple of the freshman pitchers to step up. if that happens will have as good a chance as anyone. I expect we'll be top 5 headed to Tuscaloosa.

Florida is having issues. Vandy is trending down. South Carolina has their own pitching questions. They also draw Arkansas and A&M in the west versus us getting LSU and Auburn. On paper, that looks like an advantage for us.

Going to be a fun ride. I can't wait for Friday. double dip of basketball in the afternoon and baseball at night. Great time of year.
Providing Russell is back full strength, our bullpen must have Stamos, Philips and Schaefer perform well, if so, it’s going to be a great season.

Providing Russell is back full strength, our bullpen must have Stamos, Philips and Schaefer perform well, if so, it’s going to be a great season.
Basically what old timer said. Lineup is ‘22 good, pitching may be the worst it’s been since 2019 albeit with a very high ceiling.

If you ask me, I feel like we have the best team in the conference thus far but it will be a dog fight. The top contenders in the conference outside of us are A&M, Arkansas, and LSU. Georgia looks like they are much improved and could be a dark horse. Alabama is doing well under new leadership. It will be one heck of a slug fest once again though. Missouri is the only team that hasn’t won two-thirds of their games and 10 programs have won at least 80% of their games. 6 programs that have 2 losses or less. Pretty evident that the SEC still reigns supreme. Should be a fun season.

Basically what old timer said. Lineup is ‘22 good, pitching may be the worst it’s been since 2019 albeit with a very high ceiling.
Starting pitching might not be up to par compared to the last few years but I think the overall depth from top to bottom has the potential to be one of the best we have had since Tony got here.

As we end non-conference play…I’m mixed. We have holes, but so does everyone right now. I’m probably a bit more concerned with the pitching, but hitting in bigger parks is up there too. I don’t feel fantastic about the fielding, but that will come I guess. How many games have we played, in a row….at home?

We’ll know more this weekend when The Rebels come to town. I will add, tune in to the postgames.

GBO!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
As we end non-conference play…I’m mixed. We have holes, but so does everyone right now. I’m probably a bit more concerned with the pitching, but hitting in bigger parks is up there too. I don’t feel fantastic about the fielding, but that will come I guess. How many games have we played, in a row….at home?

We’ll know more this weekend when The Rebels come to town. I will add, tune in to the postgames.

GBO!!!
We go to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Ole Miss comes to Knoxville the following.

My only pitching concern is finding a Sunday starter who isn't Causey because I think Causey can give us so much out of the bullpen. If Dallas or Shaeffer can figure it out and solidify the Sunday starter role (Dallas preferably...his stuff is fantastic, he just has to find the zone), having 3 stud weekend starters and Causey, Snead, Stamos, Combs, Shaeffer, Behnke, Kirby, and Phillips gives us an elite pen. That pitching staff would compare with the 2022 or 2023 bunch. But it all depends on Dallas figuring it out.

Then you have this lineup...scary good. And the best defense since at least 2021.

I agree with txbo. Don't want to be #1. Like to be hunter and/or the no respect guys rather than the hunted. Arkansas really does not want to be #1 I can guarantee you. They always choke in that role. It is a lot of pressure to be considered the best. I would be fine with us being #10 until the last poll is put out.

VN Store

Back