Rank your hatred

Put Missouri and Texas A&M closer to the top because they don't belong in the SEC.

Just like West Virginia doesn't belong in the Big 12.

1 - Florida
2 - Vandy
3 - Georgia
4 - Bama (This has moved into more of a mutual respect rather than outright hatred, but I'd still pop'em in the mouth)
5 - S. Carolina
6 - Mizzou
7 - Arkansas
8 - Auburn
9 - Kentucky
10 - Ole Miss
11 - LSU
12 - Miss St.
13 - Texas A&M

Reactions: malinoisvol
My order of hate has changed over time and is influenced by the VOLS ability to beat the teams they should.
When UT was on par with Bama I hated them when UT couldn't seem to beat them. For you young guys, this was back in the Johnny Majors days. In 16 years he only beat them 4 times, and that was 4 in a row. Now that Bama is a much better team it doesn't bother me as much because I know they are a far better team. They pretty much beat everyone.
Florida has solidly taken the place of Bama as my #1 hated team. Much for the same reason as I used to hate to lose to Bama. Continually losing games when the competition is equal or not quite as good drives me crazy. Hopefully coach Pruitt will fix that since I think coaching has been the main reason we have struggled to beat FL.
My list will be very different and it's because we haven't been winning when we should.
UT's record against Vandy and Kentucky is so lopsided, they are at the bottom even though they have both won a few against the Vols lately. I never really understood the hate for Vandy when for decades it was an automatic win. How do you develop hate for a team you never lose to?

1. FL
2. USCe
3. UGA
4. Mizzou
5. Everyone else
13. Kentucky
14. Vandy

Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
Alabama
LSU
Ole Miss
Missouri
Arkansas
Auburn
Miss St
Vandy
Kentucky
Texas AM

Don't hate any but my order of losing to any of them. My order of winning against them might be a little different but not much.

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Georgia

The rest aren't in any particular order. There are some teams I have absolutely nothing against and actually want them to win when they aren't playing us, like Auburn and Texas A&M.

Put me down for "none of the above". Call me a pansy. But as much as I love pulling for the Vols, as much as I hate to lose, hate for another team has never been a part of the equation. They're just a bunch of young men who chose another place and are trying to do the same thing we are.

I assumed most people would understand that personal hatred for the players is ridiculous. It’s about the rivalry spirit of it.

I hate Florida and Bama the most, but hate losing to UGA as much if not more. I respect Bama, regardless. I am just used to losing to Florida. UGA burns my @$$ when we lose to them. They have been hype for so many years without results that this ticks me off now that they are ascending.

Reactions: tbones0711
I hate Florida and Bama the most, but hate losing to UGA as much if not more. I respect Bama, regardless. I am just used to losing to Florida. UGA burns my @$$ when we lose to them. They have been hype for so many years without results that this ticks me off now that they are ascending.
I was never able to develop a strong dislike for Georgia because 1) Richt was there for so long and 2) when we are better than Georgia, or play better than them in a particular game, we beat them. Also, when I was a kid, they weren't good and we routinely beat them.

I absolutely despise Florida because 1) in my young, formative years as a kid watching Tennessee they almost always beat us and spoiled our SEC/national title chances, despite being evenly matched with them, and I hated Spurrier, and 2) we both suck now, yet they still almost always win.

I also get Bama hate, especially if you are an older fan. When I was growing up we routinely drilled them so I couldn't develop a deep dislike for them either. They drill us every year now, but hey, they are in the midst of the greatest dynasty college football has ever seen. It happens. They routinely drill a lot of people.

For the most part the team you dislike the most comes from the state of play when you were a kid.

Reactions: jbeeman85
D4H
Fade
oops, wrong list :p

1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Mizzou
5. Vandy
6. South Carolina
7. Kentucky
8. Ole Miss
9. Auburn
10. Miss St
11. Arkansas
12. LSU
13. Texas A&M

I was never able to develop a strong dislike for Georgia because 1) Richt was there for so long and 2) when we are better than Georgia, or play better than them in a particular game, we beat them. Also, when I was a kid, they weren't good and we routinely beat them.

I absolutely despise Florida because 1) in my young, formative years as a kid watching Tennessee they almost always beat us and spoiled our SEC/national title chances, despite being evenly matched with them, and I hated Spurrier, and 2) we both suck now, yet they still almost always win.

I also get Bama hate, especially if you are an older fan. When I was growing up we routinely drilled them so I couldn't develop a deep dislike for them either. They drill us every year now, but hey, they are in the midst of the greatest dynasty college football has ever seen. It happens. They routinely drill a lot of people.

For the most part the team you dislike the most comes from the state of play when you were a kid.
Funnily I learned to respect the hell out of Spurrier because I just thought he was the best. Saban has surpassed him in greatness on the field, but I always respected Spurrier. He was an arrogant loudmouth, but he did things the right way (as much as you can at a major university), and his kids loved playing for him. Did I hate him in the 1990s? To an extent, but I hated playing him.

I hate the idea of being surpassed as a program which is why I hate losing to UGA now. Even with the band dork, we beat them 2 of our last 3 and Lyle almost beat them the prior 2 years.

D4H
Fade
oops, wrong list :p

1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Mizzou
5. Vandy
6. South Carolina
7. Kentucky
8. Ole Miss
9. Auburn
10. Miss St
11. Arkansas
12. LSU
13. Texas A&M

How in the world could you put me on a list with D4H? I’m probably the most diametrically opposite to D4H than anyone on the whole board

Funnily I learned to respect the hell out of Spurrier because I just thought he was the best. Saban has surpassed him in greatness on the field, but I always respected Spurrier. He was an arrogant loudmouth, but he did things the right way (as much as you can at a major university), and his kids loved playing for him. Did I hate him in the 1990s? To an extent, but I hated playing him.

I hate the idea of being surpassed as a program which is why I hate losing to UGA now. Even with the band dork, we beat them 2 of our last 3 and Lyle almost beat them the prior 2 years.
I grew to love Spurrier the older I got, and by the time he got to South Carolina I actually loved him. He was cocky, but he did it in a way that was just funny and not annoying. Basically every jab he took at everybody was true. And as you said, he was never involved in any kind of scandal or rule-breaking (or never got caught).

I grew to love Spurrier the older I got, and by the time he got to South Carolina I actually loved him. He was cocky, but he did it in a way that was just funny and not annoying. Basically every jab he took at everybody was true. And as you said, he was never involved in any kind of scandal or rule-breaking (or never got caught).

Completely agree with you.

Hate' s pretty strong & my disgust is for certain fan bases. That said, my list is:
1. vandie (arrogant, uninformed puke-bags)
2. Georgia (nasty choke artists with obese mutant rat for mascot)
3. Florida (jort-clad mullet-heads that still believe they're great)

Favorite fans (after VOL Nation): LSU & A&M

I was in high school and college in the 90s so for me it's:

1. Florida
2. Alabama

Georgia maybe #3, and everyone else don't really care one way or the other.

1-Fl
2-Bama
3-Vandy
4-SC
5-Georgia
6-Missou
7-KY
8-LSU
9-Tex A&M
10-Auburn
11-Ole Miss
12-Ark
13-Miss St

Spurrier made the rivalry great. As a fan of the oppposing team you hated him (hated the fans more lol) but loved and admired him at the same time. He was a great coach.

I probably could have put KY up there at #3 for the simple fact I lived in Lexington a few semesters and got tired of hearing from their fans how basketball was more of a real sport than football and they got to beat us twice a year in basketball and we only beat them once a year in football. They weren't even good fans, meaning they didn't even know how to talk trash. They weren't fun to joke around with. When they found out you were a TN fan, they would just say something stupid like, "I'm sorry", as if that was supposed to be kind of a put-down. I'm thinking, "Can't you guys come up with something better than that?"

1. Georgia
2. Bama
3. Florida
4. South Carolina
5. Vandy
6. Kentucky
7. Ole Miss
8. LSU
9. Auburn
10. Miss St
11. Texas A&M
12. Mizzou