Rank your hatred

Teams I hate:

1. Florida - incredibly rude fans and people in Gainesville, which is too bad because I was a big Spurrier fan.
2. Mizzou - the team going on strike, the safe space nonsense, etc.
3. Arkansas - bad fanbase, Danny Ford, etc.
------------

Teams I don't like, mainly because they're rivals:

4. Georgia
5. Auburn
6. LSU
-------------

Neutral:

7. Bama - incredibly nice fans and so many great, amazing memories in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa win, lose and draw. I want to put them at #13, but I often root against Bama because they're the team to beat. Also claiming BS national titles even though they have so many real ones to be proud of already is lame. We've started doing that lately too.
8. Mississippi
--------------

Teams I like:

9. Mississippi State
10. Vandy
11. Kentucky - their smug basketball fans are so lame, but their football fans are so cool. Always a nice road trip.
12. Texas A&M
13. South Carolina - very, very nice fans.

Last edited:
Teams I hate:

1. Florida - incredibly rude fans and people in Gainesville, which is too bad because I was a big Spurrier fan.
2. Mizzou - the team going on strike, the safe space nonsense, etc.
3. Arkansas - bad fanbase, Danny Ford, etc.
------------

Teams I don't like, mainly because they're rivals:

4. Georgia
5. Auburn
6. LSU
-------------

Neutral:

7. Bama - incredibly nice fans and so many great, amazing memories in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa win, lose and draw. I want to put them at #13, but I often root against Bama because they're the team to beat. Also claiming BS national titles even though they have so many real ones to be proud of already is lame. We've started doing that lately too.
8. Mississippi
--------------

Teams I like:

9. Mississippi State
10. Vandy
11. Kentucky - their smug basketball fans are so lame, but their football fans are so cool. Always a nice road trip.
12. Texas A&M
13. South Carolina - very, very nice fans.

You are neutral on Bama......oh, no...no no no....🤢🤪🤬

1 Bama hatred different than Gator hatred
2 I ?unkin hate anything and everything about the ?unkin Gators
used up all my hatred powers !

1A. Florida
1B. Alabama
1C. Will Muschamp
4. Georgia
5. Auburn (use to be a big rivalry)
6. Vandy
7. Kentucky
8. South Carolina
9. Missouri
10. Texas A&M
11. LSU
12. Ole Miss
13. Arkansas
14. Miss St

I actually divide it into groups:

Profound Dislike
Bama
Florida
South Carolina (with Muschamp)
Vandy
Georgia

Casual Disdain
South Carolina (normally)
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Missouri
Ole Miss

Actually Kind of Like Them (when we're not playing them)
LSU
Kentucky
Auburn
A&M

Within the groups there is generally no ranking, though Bama and Florida at the top two spots are deliberate.
This is basically how I feel as well..

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Way too many "Vol Fans" that dont hate Bama, its what we do? Want to talk about bad for the program, look at yourself?

1-Bama
2-Florida
3-Georgia
4-Vandy

After that just win the game. All games are special but winning any of the four games is magnificent and Bama is the ultimate.

1A) Florida: a seething, bar-fighting, blinding hate
1B) Alabama: a deep, calm, ever-present hate
2) Georgia: a bunch of popped-collar, hair-flipping frat boys that never get the job done but act like they're the best
3) Cocks: I hate the fan base as much, if not worse, than GA. They can stick they're palmetto belts up their butts and we'll use it as a leash to walk them out of the stadium after we remind them that they'll always be SEC trash.
4) Everyone else. I'd say Vandy, but their hospital saved my dad's life.

Fla
Bama
Ga
Vandy
Ky
Usc
Mizzou
Barn
LSU
Ark
MS State
Ole miss
aTm

I was raised to hate bama but after the SEC started division play in 92, I really started hating fla more. I mean I hate gainesville, the "swamp", their stupid fans, their mascot, their colors, their fight song, steve spurrier, urban meyer, mr 2 bits, and really the whole state of florida.

Screenshot_20181020-123709_Chrome.jpg

GO BIG ORANGE

EDIT:
SCREW BAMA

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I was never able to develop a strong dislike for Georgia because 1) Richt was there for so long and 2) when we are better than Georgia, or play better than them in a particular game, we beat them. Also, when I was a kid, they weren't good and we routinely beat them.

I absolutely despise Florida because 1) in my young, formative years as a kid watching Tennessee they almost always beat us and spoiled our SEC/national title chances, despite being evenly matched with them, and I hated Spurrier, and 2) we both suck now, yet they still almost always win.

I also get Bama hate, especially if you are an older fan. When I was growing up we routinely drilled them so I couldn't develop a deep dislike for them either. They drill us every year now, but hey, they are in the midst of the greatest dynasty college football has ever seen. It happens. They routinely drill a lot of people.

For the most part the team you dislike the most comes from the state of play when you were a kid.
This is pretty much my feelings spot on.

Put me down for "none of the above". Call me a pansy. But as much as I love pulling for the Vols, as much as I hate to lose, hate for another team has never been a part of the equation. They're just a bunch of young men who chose another place and are trying to do the same thing we are.
If this was real life, I would agree with you, but it's about college football. Within the context of college football, hate is a very healthy thing, especially for Bammer.

I got Kentucky #4 personally. Just because I have a couple incredibly obnoxious Kentucky fans in my family I had to grow up around. Bama and UF are 1a and 1b

1. Bama/Florida/Georgia/Vandy

The rest I do not acknowledge enough to like or dislike.

Ok, so here is my list. A little different from the original post.

1. Mike Hamilton because he was the number one cause of the mess that we've been in for the past 10 years. Terrible decision maker and should have never been allowed to make athletics decisions. Probably a good businessman but sucked at sports decisions.
2. Dave Hart for not hiring David Cutcliffe and allowing him to bring his entire staff with him. I'm not saying Cutcliffe would have took us back to our former glory that we had in the 90's and 2000's, but we would be no where near the crap show we've been the past decade.
3. Butch Jones and Derrick Dooley for being inept and taking us backwards. They had good opportunities to be successful but lacked the ability. If they had not been egomaniacs and reached out to great minds around them for good advice then they probably, just maybe, wouldn't have made such a mess when they left.

Alabama
Florida
Kentucky (mostly because of basketball)
Georgia
South Carolina
Auburn
Vanderbilt
LSU
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Missouri
Texas A&M
Mississippi St

My hatred for Ohio State and Michigan is right on par with Alabama.

As always: favorite team Tennessee, second favorite team whoever's playing Alabama. Been that way for 50+ years for me. Spurrier vs Fulmer was a great great rivalry, but never rose to "hatred" for me. More like depression.

VN Store

Back