5. Kentucky
6. USC jr.
7. Auburn
8. LSU
9. Mizzou
Everybody else is about the same

Last edited:
Reactions: TrentVol and VOLED
Georgia - 20 years of being barked at living in the state of Ga. I loathe them.
Bama - birthright of all native Tennesseans to hate bammers, stupid hornstooth
Florida - all those titles that Spurrier cost us
All others are irrelevant in my world.
Spurrier didnt cost us any titles

Reactions: TrentVol
Missouri borders the South

Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Oklahoma all share a border with Missouri..

Ok let’s recap:

1) Mizzooley definitely belongs in the SOUTHeastern Conference
2) It borders the south, so by definition it is not IN the south
3) It shares a border with Oklahoma, which is clearly also not IN the south

Yeah that makes sense. Proceed.

1.Georgia
2.Alabama
3.Florida
Everyone left is interchangeable

Growing up in Chattanooga gave me a serious disdain for Georgia athletics.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Put me down for "none of the above". Call me a pansy. But as much as I love pulling for the Vols, as much as I hate to lose, hate for another team has never been a part of the equation. They're just a bunch of young men who chose another place and are trying to do the same thing we are.
You are too nice to be on this board.

Reactions: Vfl2407
I
Since we are entering SEC play I thought it would be interesting to rank your hatred of each SEC team from most hated to least hated. And please don’t put Bama for all 13 spots, we get it - you hate Bama. We all do but make this more constructive. Here’s mine:
1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Vandy
5. South Carolina
6. Kentucky
7. Ole Miss
8. LSU
9. Auburn
10. Miss St
11. Texas A&M
12. Mizzou
13. Arkansas

I’d swap 9 with 5 personality but other than that, spot on!!!!!!

Put me down for "none of the above". Call me a pansy. But as much as I love pulling for the Vols, as much as I hate to lose, hate for another team has never been a part of the equation. They're just a bunch of young men who chose another place and are trying to do the same thing we are.
The Jesus Christ of Tennessee fans

I grew up in Kentucky surrounded by wild cats, so UK will be higher for me. I would have put them #1 but was surprised to find myself enjoying their beat-down of the gators a couple weeks ago.

Florida
Kentucky
Alabama
UGA - they had no right to jump on our T
Vandy
USCe - hatred grown by their hiring of Spurrier and Muschamp

The rest are all kind of bleh... but they go:

Ole Miss
Arkansas
Auburn
Missouri
Miss State - who I really have no feeling for whatsoever.
TAMU
LSU

UF is the only one I actually hate.

I honestly hope they fail at everything they attempt. Everything. Personal. Professional. Doesn’t matter to me. They are all asshats.

Reactions: VolinMC and SobeVol
I hate the low life gonorrhea infested Vanderbilt Commodores like no other..... their history sucks.... their fans suck.... their stadium sucks.... they're SEC intestinal parasites

I'm in Thailand right now...you should be able to sense my gatah hate from here...with a handful of exceptions, they've been the bane of our existence since 1991...I can't even really hate the gumps as badly, I have a grudging respect for them, remembering the 90's-early 2000's...

Coach Spurrier is a good guy. He definitely took his shots at us, but backed them up. He also complimented us when we beat them . I think when we beat them in 2001 he said , “The Vols had a better run game than the Taliban.”

I had the unique opportunity to be around him when he was coach at Duke and it was always fun to be in his company . He could slug some Miller Lites.

I know I’ve shared this story, but it’s worth telling again. I sat down next to SOS after Duke had beaten an ACC opponent, my parents were friends with he and his wife, so we could back to the coaches office after the games. I asked Spurrier " Did you think we would beat Clemson (Duke beat top 10 Clemson 2 weeks prior)?

Spurrier talks to 6 year old me.
“Hell yeah boy. I knew we’d kick their ass.”

And then absolutely takes a beer to the face. Carl Franks was smashed.
Thanks for the input....I came from a very large family and had 3 cousins who played football against Steve when he was at Science Hill and another who played baseball against him. Science Hill won the state title in baseball a year he played. He is very well respected in upper-east Tn. He simply didn't feel comfortable signing with UT out of HS because of the offensive scheme. I always loved Florida as a state and it's my 2nd home or home away from home. Just loved the beach and still do. I'm not a gator-hater as many on here and we're all different for various reasons.....I can't stand Georgia....
2. Bama
3.LSU
4.Auburn
5.Arkansas
6.Florida
7.Ole Miss
8.Kentucky
9.So. Carolina
All others are evenly matched
Out of Conf.....1.FSU 2.N.Dame 3. Clemson 4. Miami 5. Penn St. I was at Neyland when ball coach bought his Blue Devils in from Duke. LMAO at him...that visor kept being slammed to the ground with a new twist... he made it a point to stomp and grind it in the ground at least 3 times. I just can't figger out why a grown man makes a spectacle of himself in public with a visor. I guess it's his trademark !!!

Last edited:
Funnily I learned to respect the hell out of Spurrier because I just thought he was the best. Saban has surpassed him in greatness on the field, but I always respected Spurrier. He was an arrogant loudmouth, but he did things the right way (as much as you can at a major university), and his kids loved playing for him. Did I hate him in the 1990s? To an extent, but I hated playing him.

I hate the idea of being surpassed as a program which is why I hate losing to UGA now. Even with the band dork, we beat them 2 of our last 3 and Lyle almost beat them the prior 2 years.

I more than anyone want UGA to get off that pedestal they are on. UT has to play Bama every year and they play Auburn and Bama has been much better the past 10 years while UT has been heading in the opposite direction. In 3 more years when A.Taylor is a senior I pray the situation is reversed. Never did I ever think that I'd see the day when UT goes 0-8 in conference play. We damn sure didn't get there over night and we aren't getting back to a respectful standing over night either. I think somehow considering the fact that we didn't lure in a top of the line coach doesn't have that much meaning because Kirby never was a head coach before taking the UGA job. I think CJP is very smart and has a damn good plan. What bothers me most is the UT fans impatience and unrealistic expectations. We actually lost a whole dang year because AD Hart resigned and Currie had to be hired. Lyle didn't deserve to coach this team after the 2016 season with the losses to USCe and then Vandy costing us the east division and what many felt a sugar bowl bid. Ineptitude at the top and filtering down.

Brother, I love your state. My mom grew up there, her extended family all still live there.

Missouri is not even remotely a part of the South.

That big huge Gateway Arch in St Louis, that signifies the state's role as the "gateway" between the Mid-west and the Great Plains. It was the jumping-off point for Easterners (from Boston, New York, Philly, or Chicago) to head out West.

Southerners, when they headed west, they went through Texas.

Love Mizzou...but you guys belong in the B10 or B12, rather than the SEC.

p.s. Oklahoma isn't a part of the South, either. It is 100% a Great Plains state.

They damn sure don't belong in the east division of the SEC. Auburn should be in the east and Mizzou in the west.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Ky
Thanks for the input....I came from a very large family and had 3 cousins who played football against Steve when he was at Science Hill and another who played baseball against him. Science Hill won the state title in baseball a year he played. He is very well respected in upper-east Tn. He simply didn't feel comfortable signing with UT out of HS because of the offensive scheme. I always loved Florida as a state and it's my 2nd home or home away from home. Just loved the beach and still do. I'm not a gator-hater as many on here and we're all different for various reasons.....I can't stand Georgia....
2. Bama
3.LSU
4.Auburn
5.Arkansas
6.Florida
7.Ole Miss
8.Kentucky
9.So. Carolina
All others are evenly matched
Out of Conf.....1.FSU 2.N.Dame 3. Clemson 4. Miami 5. Penn St. I was at Neyland when ball coach bought his Blue Devils in from Duke. LMAO at him...that visor kept being slammed to the ground with a new twist... he made it a point to stomp and grind it in the ground at least 3 times. I just can't figger out why a grown man makes a spectacle of himself in public with a visor. I guess it's his trademark !!!

My mom went to Unicoi County High in Erwin and Spurrier hit a half court shot to win the game. He used to give my mom all sorts of grief about that. When we played Duke in the late 80’s he’d say “Well RduVols#14 Mom,who the hell do you do know who is coaching or playing for the Vols? No one. Well it’s decided then. You’re going for Duke.”

I remember listening to John Ward as a kid when we lost to Duke and started 0-6. What a nightmare that was. I can’t imagine what life would be like in this day and time going 0-6.

Since we are entering SEC play I thought it would be interesting to rank your hatred of each SEC team from most hated to least hated. And please don’t put Bama for all 13 spots, we get it - you hate Bama. We all do but make this more constructive. Here’s mine:
1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Vandy
5. South Carolina
6. Kentucky
7. Ole Miss
8. LSU
9. Auburn
10. Miss St
11. Texas A&M
12. Mizzou
13. Arkansas
For me I would have to say my ranking would go:

1. Bama
2. Florida
3. LSU
4. Georgia

I put LSU in there because I’m still not over the 2001 SEC Championship Game.

Florida was most hated during my teen years.

Then I went to the 2008 Bama game and experienced first hand Rammer Jammer. That was enough for me to be a life long Bama hater.

Georgia is in there because I have a friend who is a Dawgs fan and really hate the barking and bulldogs in general. Also my uncle lived in GA during the 90’s so was introduced to a lot of their fans at a young age. However, we mopped the floor with them every year so I didn’t mind.

I was going to put Vandy but really it was just James Franklin that I hated. For the same reason I didn’t list SCAR. I don’t call them USCe because there is only one USC and they are in California.

1. Vandy
11. Florida
12. UGA
13. Rest of the SEC
Fifm

1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Vandy
5. South Carolina
6. Kentucky
7. Ole Miss
8. LSU
9. Auburn
10. Miss St
11. Texas A&M
12. Mizzou
13. Arkansas

1. Bama
1. Gators
1. Georgia
1. USC (Muskrat)
1. Candy
1. Kentucky
1. Auburn
1. LSU
1. Ole Piss
1. Miss St
1. Texas A&M
1. Miss Who
1. Arkansas

Yep I put SC over Candy because of their coach.. F him

A lot easier to pity Vandy because their fans are loyal as hell and deserve way damn better. A huge lack of prosperity with their awful Football history.
Maybe Vandy if they had gotten Harbaugh then they would be a top 10 team and I really would want to see.

VN Store

Back