Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

I kind of like the fact that we have a coach that is not swayed by fan over reaction
How do you feel about one who is going to hire someone that most people have never heard of and could lead him to getting fired in 2 years?

Fixed your post
What is so absurd about me being friends with two guys on the team? I’m just telling you what they said. It could end up to be totally false. I just thought it was worth passing along. I don’t see why you have to attack me just for sharing information I heard from a couple players. I never claimed it came directly from Pruitt or anything like that.

Reactions: C/O
I don’t get all the comments that make it sound like the sky is falling and Pruitt is clueless. CJP is recruiting and the lack of an OC - only at the moment - isn’t as much of a negative as some are making it out to be. He knows what he’s selling and his desired play style - which the OC will obviously match.

Some seem to forget this guys insane ability to recruit for which he has been widely praised throughout his career.

The sky is not falling because a couple weeks have gone by and some just can’t R-E-L-A-X
The perspective depends on whether you have blind faith in Pruitt or not. Some do, some dont

Only way their keeping the lid shut on a hire is with a Nda il say it again...You talk they sue you or take ur scholarship.Did sum work for a couple big musicians and had to sign one each time.Outside the fact but I've never said who or what happened and i won't.To much risk involved for me lose what I've worked for.Just using that as an example bt very well could be why theirs no news leaking.If they only tell a certain # of individuals its pretty easy to track the leak.For all the lol assh*les im not sure how it works eith colleges etc.My life doesn't revolve around UT or coaching searches

I kind of like the fact that we have a coach that is not swayed by fan over reaction

Huh? Other than a losing record and a so-so recruiting class what has he done to get a positive reaction?

Only way their keeping the lid shut on a hire is with a Nda il say it again...You talk they sue you or take ur scholarship.Did sum work for a couple big musicians and had to sign one each time.Outside the fact but I've never said who or what happened and i won't.To much risk involved for me lose what I've worked for.Just using that as an example bt very well could be why theirs no news leaking.If they only tell a certain # of individuals its pretty easy to track the leak.

Rofl.

Reactions: volfannbama
Only way their keeping the lid shut on a hire is with a Nda il say it again...You talk they sue you or take ur scholarship.Did sum work for a couple big musicians and had to sign one each time.Outside the fact but I've never said who or what happened and i won't.To much risk involved for me lose what I've worked for.Just using that as an example bt very well could be why theirs no news leaking.If they only tell a certain # of individuals its pretty easy to track the leak.
LOL

From what my sources (2 players on the team) are telling me, we have offered several people so far and been turned down by all. The main two main reasons we’re getting turned down are concerns that the administration isn’t fully invested in the program and the weaknesses we have on the offensive line and to a lesser extent, at the QB position. All the OCs so far are afraid they are going to look bad with our roster and don’t know if they will be given the time needed for it to get turned around.

While players are likely more in the know than the general public, it is probably only by a small margin. I wouldnt put too much stock in what youve been told.

Especially any details as to why we supposedly were turned down. That is almost assuredly a fabrication or at minimum a great exaggeration.

Reactions: Behr
Most of us know medical professionals who blab about patients and lawyers who blab about clients. Even the threat of a lawsuit or professional discipline doesn't completely stifle loose lips. Just the way of the world. People talk. I'm sure stuff gets spread around the athletic program.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
We need to have an information officer to give updates on where we are, and what is going on. That would be very helpful to dismiss a lot of roomers. Fire department has an information officer as does police dept and most companies. It's as though they are playing games with the fan base. If we already have a OC, then tell us. You don't need to give his name but you should explain why you don't.

While players are likely more in the know than the general public, it is probably only by a small margin. I wouldnt put too much stock in what youve been told.

Especially any details as to why we supposedly were turned down. That is almost assuredly a fabrication or at minimum a great exaggeration.
I dont know if it's true or not but it does make sense.

It happens when you don't have the depth and talent to survived the season. It was what was left to him. What did you expect from Pruitt in year 1 with the group he had. Most said anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5, we could have just as easily been 7-5 with the right break here and there. This was going to be a tough season and folks should have realized that. What matters is Pruitt recruiting well the next few years. Once he get a few full classes under him then you can judge. But please judging after 1 year is quite frankly foolish, but this in a message board and where foolish talk gets typed everyday. Most on this board say so much but say so little that actually makes good sense. It's either all great or all terrible and somehow reality gets lost. I stand completely with Pruitt and staff and this stage, he must be allowed to recruit his players and implement his system. You don't fire a coach after 1 year that inherited a O-Line that quite frankly just wasn't strong or quick reacting enough. And a defense that was pretty good but had no depth at all. The trenches is why we are losing, we watched Butch Jones finesse spread us to oblivion. I want to get the players in the trenches then we can dicate whatever we want to do, without that in the SEC your just whistling Dixie no matter what dadgum offense you are running and you better be able to do both at the end of the day or you aren't going to win SEC titles. GBO!

Which one of the blowouts were we a break or eight wmaway from winning?

It happens when you don't have the depth and talent to survived the season. It was what was left to him. What did you expect from Pruitt in year 1 with the group he had. Most said anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5, we could have just as easily been 7-5 with the right break here and there. This was going to be a tough season and folks should have realized that. What matters is Pruitt recruiting well the next few years. Once he get a few full classes under him then you can judge. But please judging after 1 year is quite frankly foolish, but this in a message board and where foolish talk gets typed everyday. Most on this board say so much but say so little that actually makes good sense. It's either all great or all terrible and somehow reality gets lost. I stand completely with Pruitt and staff and this stage, he must be allowed to recruit his players and implement his system. You don't fire a coach after 1 year that inherited a O-Line that quite frankly just wasn't strong or quick reacting enough. And a defense that was pretty good but had no depth at all. The trenches is why we are losing, we watched Butch Jones finesse spread us to oblivion. I want to get the players in the trenches then we can dicate whatever we want to do, without that in the SEC your just whistling Dixie no matter what dadgum offense you are running and you better be able to do both at the end of the day or you aren't going to win SEC titles. GBO!
If we couldnt have EASILY been 7-5, we would have been 7-5

Huh? Other than a losing record and a so-so recruiting class what has he done to get a positive reaction?
Other than that he was hired do the job and you were not and just the fact that you are a fan does not give you any say-so whatsoever. Hate to bust your bubble.

We need to have an information officer to give updates on where we are, and what is going on. That would be very helpful to dismiss a lot of roomers. Fire department has an information officer as does police dept and most companies. It's as though they are playing games with the fan base. If we already have a OC, then tell us. You don't need to give his name but you should explain why you don't.
Zach Stipe

Someone call and ask him what the heck is going on.

Other than that he was hired do the job and you were not and just the fact that you are a fan does not give you any say-so whatsoever. Hate to bust your bubble.

Never did it cross my mind that I have any say-so in what CJP or the AD does, my last name isn't Haslam.

I'm just pointing out the fact CJP has done nothing so far to deserve any admiration, trust or faith.

Never did it cross my mind that I have any say-so in what CJP or the AD does, my last name isn't Haslam.

I'm just pointing out the fact CJP has done nothing so far to deserve any admiration, trust or faith.
You misspelled opinion.

Reactions: Behr
I have no source but I just came across this, I would not be surprised if this guy was our new OC he coached at Hoover and has done very well at JSU.
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 10.27.18 AM.png

This has got to be the strangest coordinator search ever. I'm done trying to make sense of it. I highly doubt we have a big name coach already signed, as they would have announced it or it would have leaked. Beyond that, I don't think anyone other than CJP and ADPF have a clue what's going on.

Is it frustrating to anyone else that there is this hush hush vibe over the whole thing like the whole fanbase are five year olds who can't handle the truth?[/QUOTE

It's frustrating to me! It's like"we want your money and your undying support, but when we are making decisions about this team, it's none of your freaking business." I know it is their decision and I trust them to make a good one, but for the love of God, just a little update from time to time would be nice. I think we as Vol fans have earned that over the past decade. Flame away.

I would guess that Pruitt will tell the offensive recruits that want to know.
I don't care if or when they announce the info generally, but telling oversized children something important thinking none of them will blab is slack-jawed stupid. Or, maybe he thinks using the recruits as leakers is an elegant way of revealing the OC choice. He's very wrong if that's the case.

For those who believe that the decision has already been made, and the administration is simply waiting to announce it: What would be the benefit in doing so, vs. the drawback of going ahead and announcing?

VN Store

Back