Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

While players are likely more in the know than the general public, it is probably only by a small margin. I wouldnt put too much stock in what youve been told.

Especially any details as to why we supposedly were turned down. That is almost assuredly a fabrication or at minimum a great exaggeration.
Wait... You think Pruett's team building may not consist of telling the players that they all suck so bad that no one wants to coach them?

That story was too ridiculous for consideration.

No. It doesn't. There is absolutely NO WAY the staff would be sending that kind of detailed information downhill to players.

Agreed. If that did happen it wouldn't take long for the usual suspects to have "detailed" articles all over the web about everybody that has passed on the job.

Maybe they are waiting for Christmas to release a special on it.

Reactions: Behr
I've moved into the camp that thinks they know the fanbase won't like the hire and they don't want voltwitter going batshizcrazy right before ESD. There are only a couple of potential big hires left out there and they both have jobs and other suitors. I'm thinking NFL washout or promote from within.
Who would they be and why are they the only 2?

For those who believe that the decision has already been made, and the administration is simply waiting to announce it: What would be the benefit in doing so, vs. the drawback of going ahead and announcing?

If there is an agreement that is tied to a date or event, its is not of UT's doing.

Here's the situation and I think everyone can agree on this. We're a damn dumpster fire currently. To fix this dumpster fire we need good coaches and good players. The window to add good players closes before the window to add good coaches so therefore most of our efforts should be focused on adding better players through recruiting.

Adding an OC now could potentially be good BUT it's not the end of the world if we don't. Now we can spout negativity about people turning us down, our coach and AD don't know what they're doing etc but no one knows for sure, not the press, not the fans.

I really dont want another Bama guy in here but if you cant beatem join them ... Go Kitchens .. not my 1st choice by far but I guess the powers that be PF and CJP have forgotten more football and has inside knowledge that allthe posters on this site wish they had ... be patient .. if its wrong anf we loose a bunch of recruits to the fact that we have NO OC then they will sufefr the consequences of getting so many Millions in a buyout ... hahahahahaha .... so either way CJP is sitting nice ... he dont succeed .. then get payed and go back to where he is comfy as a DC somewhere .. he aint sweating it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really can't imagine there is any advantage in waiting. I personally would want to know who my coach is going to be before committing.
I see what you’re saying, but do any of the offensive recruits think UT is going to the wishbone or triple option? Not knowing is overrated unless major schemes are changed. That ain’t happening.

Saban attracts a lot of talent and their coordinators turn over frequently. If an OC is good they will be a head coach sooner than later. I would think guys would sign up for Pruitt and his system no matter who calls plays if the style best fits them. Big time OC can help but they never stay at any program if they can be head coach.

I truly feel staying quiet on this and continue putting it off is just a bad idea. To quote Pat Summitt:

“in the absence of feedback, people will fill in the blanks with a negative. They will assume you don’t care about them or don’t like them.”
So, you feel like CJP doesn’t like you or care about you? Sure he’s upset.

I’m sure he’s talking to the recruits and they feel the love.

Lol.

I found an article that claims we interviewed Briles, Lebby, and Yurcich last Friday. Be a week tomorrow.

Honestly beech, Ive pretty much given up on trying to figure anything out or even guess wtf is going on. I'm just "positive trolling". Lol.

Honestly beech, Ive pretty much given up on trying to figure anything out or even guess wtf is going on. I'm just "positive trolling". Lol.

I haven't heard another name mentioned, much less "interviewed" since then. And no one has confirmed that he even offered one or any of those 3.
Now Price drops the idea we probably won't have an OC until after ESD.

Either Pruitt is clueless on a level never before witnessed with a large bag of money to work with, or he's got the work done.

I haven't heard another name mentioned, much less "interviewed" since then. And no one has confirmed that he even offered one or any of those 3.
Now Price drops the idea we probably won't have an OC until after ESD.

Either Pruitt is clueless on a level never before witnessed with a large bag of money to work with, or he's got the work done.

Are you saying that Fulmer, or someone not considered "Staff" is talking to someone other than Doug Matthews?

I hope all of early signees hold off on signing then.... this screams that we are making an underwhelming hire imo.
Why would you want the commitments to the team you like to not sign early? Seems to me you'd want them to go ahead and sign with your team. I hope they all sign early along with some surprise pick ups.

Reactions: butchna
I really can't imagine there is any advantage in waiting. I personally would want to know who my coach is going to be before committing.

I honestly don't think kids care anymore other than the HC maybe. They commit to the school because they like the area, and what they have to offer. Position coaches come and go so fast these days they know they could possibly have a few different ones anyway while there. So I really don't see the issue myself.

So, you feel like CJP doesn’t like you or care about you? Sure he’s upset.

I’m sure he’s talking to the recruits and they feel the love.
That is not what I meant to portray using that quote. Simply that in the lack of info most people assume the worst. As evidence open any thread at Volnation.

Reactions: peaygolf
I dont really know either. I just expect them to screw it up, cause thats what they do. And until they dont, they do.
i don't agree with you. but i totally understand why you or anyone would feel that way. some would say you SHOULD feel that way given our track record.

we've been in a perpetual cycle of suck for over a decade, there's literally no reason why we should be optimistic about anything related to football. we've seen some of our recruiting momentum come to a halt, we ended the season on two giant thuds, we're int he middle of htis circus OC search.......

to describe our situation as anything but a breeding ground for doubt would just be a lie.

i think they just haven't found the guy that checks all the boxes for Pruitt, and aren't going to hire someone until they do. they're not going to knee jerk, and they're not going to hire someone just because of a name.

the reason there's nothing being leaked or reported is because there's nothing to be leaked or reported.

if there is any good news, it at least appears they've tightened things up over there as far as leaking info.

past that, it just is what it is. i doubut they wanted it to take this long, but they weren't going to let hte timeline dictate.

so either this hasn't gone like they wanted, or they simply haven't found the right fit yet and aren't settling.

lastly.....at least we haven't made a BAD hire. yet.

Reactions: CJBlaze

VN Store

Back