Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

This is a horrible take. Guess we were just lucky in those wins vs Auburn and UK????

GTFO
Actually yes and the fact that Kentucky wasn't playing particularly well at the time and neither was Auburn. We got boat raced the next two weeks and head coaches don't let that happen...

I don’t get all the comments that make it sound like the sky is falling and Pruitt is clueless. CJP is recruiting and the lack of an OC - only at the moment - isn’t as much of a negative as some are making it out to be. He knows what he’s selling and his desired play style - which the OC will obviously match.

Some seem to forget this guys insane ability to recruit for which he has been widely praised throughout his career.

The sky is not falling because a couple weeks have gone by and some just can’t R-E-L-A-X
He was recruiting to Alabama, Georgia, and Florida St at their peak. Just playing DA, but how much of that is him vs those school being extremely appealing to high school athletes?

The OC has been named. It's an NFL guy and it can't be public until his team is eliminated from the playoff. Relax.

Yesterday, I felt mildly reassured by DM's statements. But now I am thoroughly convinced that we are going to get the MOAB dropped on us when the news finally breaks. I'm going to quit using toilet paper until this thing gets resolved and I strongly suggest that all of you do the same.

From what my sources (2 players on the team) are telling me, we have offered several people so far and been turned down by all. The main two main reasons we’re getting turned down are concerns that the administration isn’t fully invested in the program and the weaknesses we have on the offensive line and to a lesser extent, at the QB position. All the OCs so far are afraid they are going to look bad with our roster and don’t know if they will be given the time needed for it to get turned around.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Actually yes and the fact that Kentucky wasn't playing particularly well at the time and neither was Auburn. We got boat raced the next two weeks and head coaches don't let that happen...
It happens when you don't have the depth and talent to survived the season. It was what was left to him. What did you expect from Pruitt in year 1 with the group he had. Most said anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5, we could have just as easily been 7-5 with the right break here and there. This was going to be a tough season and folks should have realized that. What matters is Pruitt recruiting well the next few years. Once he get a few full classes under him then you can judge. But please judging after 1 year is quite frankly foolish, but this in a message board and where foolish talk gets typed everyday. Most on this board say so much but say so little that actually makes good sense. It's either all great or all terrible and somehow reality gets lost. I stand completely with Pruitt and staff and this stage, he must be allowed to recruit his players and implement his system. You don't fire a coach after 1 year that inherited a O-Line that quite frankly just wasn't strong or quick reacting enough. And a defense that was pretty good but had no depth at all. The trenches is why we are losing, we watched Butch Jones finesse spread us to oblivion. I want to get the players in the trenches then we can dicate whatever we want to do, without that in the SEC your just whistling Dixie no matter what dadgum offense you are running and you better be able to do both at the end of the day or you aren't going to win SEC titles. GBO!

Reactions: feathersax
The fans put themselves through the nonsense.

Seriously though, what have we had to be happy about in the past decade. From Cody's blocked field goal to this year's loss to Vandy it seems like we are repeatedly getting kicked in the nuts. The only real memory I have from the last 10 years of jumping up for joy was Dobbs’ heave to the end zone to Jauan Jennings on the Hail Mary. Misery loves company my friend.

From what my sources (2 players on the team) are telling me, we have offered several people so far and been turned down by all. The main two main reasons we’re getting turned down are concerns that the administration isn’t fully invested in the program and the weaknesses we have on the offensive line and to a lesser extent, at the QB position. All the OCs so far are afraid they are going to look bad with our roster and don’t know if they will be given the time needed for it to get turned around.
Makes sense that Pruitt is discussing who is turning us down with players though. Am I right or am I right?

Reactions: FBtime and GAVol
Really? You really want to go against a guy that keeps everything close to the vest and non-emotional and makes it clear that you are being played?

You had me until that part; you're giving him too much credit on that one.

The OC has been named. It's an NFL guy and it can't be public until his team is eliminated from the playoff. Relax.

There is nothing keeping it from being public in this case since it would be NFL to college. If it were NFL to another NFL team, then yes.

Players know: 1) who is turning us down, 2) inner working of administration and 3) the thought processes behind those who are saying no?

Reactions: Orange_Crush
There is nothing keeping it from being public in this case since it would be NFL to college. If it were NFL to another NFL team, then yes.

When would an NFL assistant find time to interview for a job as a college O.C. unless via telephone????

When would an NFL assistant find time to interview for a job as a college O.C. unless via telephone????

Have you never heard of Skype? Or Facetime?

Also, I was addressing his claims that it "can't be public". It most certainly can. Not to mention if you're agreeing with the other guy, then obviously the interview DID happen.

Thank you for sharing some insight. This actually sounds plausible even though it's not what we want to hear.

VN Store

Back