Pre-Florida week week

lawgator1

8-creepy-florida-gator-student-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

Enough with the "what if we win/lose threads."

Who wins, and why?

As I've said many times here, I think you have a great shot to end the streak this year. It is, however, so close that it's likely to come down to coaching and adjustments during the game, and there are now some real question marks there.

Overall, I think it comes down to two players -- Hurd and Grier. If either one has a big day, that tells the story.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we missed our best chances to end the streak as far as Gators being "down". Hopefully our team has improved enough and this game isn't a borefest like last year's.

Also that .gif is staring into my soul.

8-creepy-florida-gator-student-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

Enough with the "what if we win/lose threads."

Who wins, and why?

As I've said many times here, I think you have a great shot to end the streak this year. It is, however, so close that it's likely to come down to coaching and adjustments during the game, and there are now some real question marks there.

Overall, I think it comes down to two players -- Hurd and Grier. If either one has a big day, that tells the story.

Worth noting:

Generally, and this is well-documented, the team that runs the ball the best, wins.

However, I'll err on the side of caution due to coaching in this one. If it at all comes down to decisions made or not made, UT will stink it up. I'd almost guarantee it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
If we can keep enough pressure off Dobbs for our passing game to be a threat, we win. If not, we lose.

Going on record and it probably gets me stoned in here.... But we lose.

It comes down to our D. Starting 2 freshmen LBs and now Danny O's suspension looking like it'll be longer than expected. If you include Gaulden we are down 3 of 11 starters with absolutely no LB depth apparently.

1. You focus on Kentucky.

2. We focus on WCU (or licking our Oklahoma-induced wounds).

Plenty of time for next week...next week.

Reactions: 3 people
To be completely honest, I hope Florida beats Kentucky this weekend that way Tennessee can hand your ass the first loss of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
What give me optimism is that we have played 2 good teams, so we are plenty battle tested. (BG destroyed Maryland last week BTW).

FLA drilled a cupcake but didn't look too hot against ECU, a team that only beat Towson by 8 pts the week prior.

All that being said, I'm not going to predict a Vol W against the Gators until we prove it on the field.

Reactions: 1 person
Last year was the worst FL team I have ever seen in person and we still couldn't win. This year doesn't look any better but as we proved last week we don't believe in making "in game adjustments" so with that being said your DB's play press coverage, stack the box and we can't run or pass. GO VOLS!

Worth noting:

Generally, and this is well-documented, the team that runs the ball the best, wins.

However, I'll err on the side of caution due to coaching in this one. If it at all comes down to decisions made or not made, UT will stink it up. I'd almost guarantee it!

Nah bruh, both coordinators call a great game and we assert our dominance over UF for 60 min of football. Breaking the streak and draining the swamp in a violent and fashionably manner.

Heard on the radio this AM that the UF D is allowing 1.8 yards per carry on average.

Preseason analysis said that UF secondary is the best in the SEC.

That is not a good matchup for UT.

I don't know much about McElwain's ability to coach, but I do know how CBJ handles big games. More importantly, I know how he handles the UF game specifically.

Definite overall advantage to UF.

Nah bruh, both coordinators call a great game and we assert our dominance over UF for 60 min of football. Breaking the streak and draining the swamp in a violent and fashionably manner.

As much, or more, than anyone else, I hope you're right! If for no other reason than to get the proverbial monkey off our back!

It comes down to how much experience we can give your young guys before the game. The more experience they get, the more aggressive the game calling will be, and we will need aggressive game calling in this game. We are fighting time itself.

That, and the curse.

We were going to win this game with our defense. Now with Maggitt out that hope is pretty much gone. Put the shoe on the other foot and think about how confident you would be if Maggitt was playing but VH3 was out

As much, or more, than anyone else, I hope you're right! If for no other reason than to get the proverbial monkey off our back!

I feel good about it. I think we go into the swamp hitting on all cylinders on both sides of the ball and come away with a convincing win.

Heard on the radio this AM that the UF D is allowing 1.8 yards per carry on average.

Preseason analysis said that UF secondary is the best in the SEC.

That is not a good matchup for UT.

I don't know much about McElwain's ability to coach, but I do know how CBJ handles big games. More importantly, I know how he handles the UF game specifically.

Definite overall advantage to UF.

You seem fairly knowledgeable, but just in case you aren't aware, McElwain won two national championships as OC at AL, and while at CSU, he led them to 4-8, 8-6 (with a bowl win), and 10-2 (won their bowl, but he didn't coach in it) seasons. Combine that with being on the road in a hostile environment, it does not bode well. I will not unequivocally concede a loss, however, even though it wouldn't be hard to do at this point.

We were going to win this game with our defense. Now with Maggitt out that hope is pretty much gone. Put the shoe on the other foot and think about how confident you would be if Maggitt was playing but VH3 was out

Maggitt alone being out does not decide if we win or lose this game. Next man up. Time to man the **** up! Our D will be fine.

VN Store

Back