Pre-Florida week week

Gators will play their walk on receiver as the starting QB.

Jancek will be stumped and have the guys bring blitzes from all angles, totally forgetting that we can't finish tackles.

Deborde will start Ethan Wolf at RB, because all 3 running backs will be suspended for failing the drug test.

Reeve-Maybin and Todd Kelly JR will be suspended pending rape accusations.

Dobbs will have hit his thumb on a helmet, throwing someone we have never heard of into the mix.

Pig Howard will be used only for end-arounds.

Our receivers will get mad at the QB and start playing against each other because they hate the team and want to get to the NFL.

The offensive line will sit down, but perform much better than the last 2 years.

Butch will leave for USC the next day.

Jeez my humor sucks, but this is the luck we've had over the last few years.

Reactions: 3 people
When I watch UF play it reassures me that we'll win. Then I watch us play and get very uncertain again.

8-creepy-florida-gator-student-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

Does that boy have a soul?

If it was in Neyland, then I say we win by 14. With it being in the swamp, I say we squeak by with a field goal win, due to your crowd playing a large factor.

And when we win - hope we stay classy.

I don't like Mike Keith aka the Small Guy, but every year he put this rivalry simple but best during Florida's dominance of Fulmer:

"At some point in the game, while the game is close, something bad will happen to Tennessee. How they specifically handle that one thing, right away, will determine if they win or not."

It may sound simple and obvious, but it is the truth and it doesn't always work that way in other rivalries.

At the moment, I don't trust Butch Jones to handle that bad thing. He can earn that trust.

I hate to use Mike Keith again, but he said this about UT/Bama during the streak. "I will pick Alabama until Tennessee proves they can beat them."

Well I pick Florida until Tennessee proves they can beat them.

What give me optimism is that we have played 2 good teams, so we are plenty battle tested. (BG destroyed Maryland last week BTW).

FLA drilled a cupcake but didn't look too hot against ECU, a team that only beat Towson by 8 pts the week prior.

All that being said, I'm not going to predict a Vol W against the Gators until we prove it on the field.

Hopefully our coaching plays to win next week instead of trying to run out the clock. If I see that Fulmerism strategy reemployed I'll be seething with rage. The question is did our coaches learn anything? Keep your foot on the gas pedal until the game is well in hand, how difficult is that?

I don't see it being a field goal win. One team or another wins it by 10.

Probably so, but I was thinking in terms of overall kicking game. Simply missing a FG could have a snow ball effect on momentum late in the game and it blow open.

If they make the switch from Medley, how does that affect the kickoffs as well.

One thing people do every single year, is over-analyze opponents of opponents. This never, ever works. This game will stand on its on.

Case in point is Tulsa and Oklahoma right now. If you over-analyze this, you can come up with all sorts of scary opinions about Tennessee and Oklahoma.

38-31 Oklahoma in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

VN Store

Back