Pre-Florida week week

Im conflicted. On the one hand, i think it's a defensive gane and Tennessee has the skill guys more likely to make plays with limited opportunities.

On the other hand, Florida put on a steaming turd performance in 2014 and won. I dont think ive ever seen a team that bad, that played that badly, win.

It's hard for me to picture a more competent team losing at home

Reactions: 2 people
Maggitt alone being out does not decide if we win or lose this game. Next man up. Time to man the **** up! Our D will be fine.

Agreed I think our Defense vs their inexperienced O we have the advantage, even without Maggit or O'Brien.

The key matchup, IMO, is our offense vs their stacked D. We have to be able to pass against their defense to win the game.

Florida wins UNLESS Kentucky somehow blows them out this weekend and there's a locker room mutiny or something.

Butch is going to bring a conservative gameplan to the Swamp and try to protect a very small lead/hope for a 4th quarter game. All will go to plan until the 4th quarter when McElwain/Nussmeier start seeing holes in the defense and Grier hits a few deep balls and the Gators take a late lead.

With the pressure on and a chance for a final drive to win the game, Hurd either fumbles or Dobbs throws a pick to seal the win for the Gators.

Im conflicted. On the one hand, i think it's a defensive gane and Tennessee has the skill guys more likely to make plays with limited opportunities.

On the other hand, Florida put on a steaming turd performance in 2014 and won. I dont think ive ever seen a team that bad, that played that badly, win.

It's hard for me to picture a more competent team losing at home

The fact that Muschamp was able to go 4-0 against UT is what has me reluctant to think anything will change. UF will have the same stout defense but with presumably a much more competent offense under Mcelwain.

However, I'm withholding any predictions until I see UF play UK. That'll give us a better feel of what UF actually has.

tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif

I predict we win this year because we are a better team and Florida had not impressed me in the least this year!!!

Of course I would have said the exact same thing going into last years game!

We will see!

Reactions: 1 person
Florida wins 24-14.

Same story as always. Weak minded Tennessee coaches get out gunned by aggressive Florida coaches.

Dobbs will be further exposed. Hurd will have a good day but disappear due to Butch and buddy forgetting he's on the team at key moments.

Then the excuses will erupt about our youth and their athletes. Momentum of the swamp was just too much for our poor team. Next year is the year, again! !

All will be forgiven by the sheep.

Just a humble opinion....

Reactions: 6 people

Post of the week. This is what's most important. Gonna need as many Florida girls as possible to cushion the blow. Get em started up early boys.

Florida wins 24-14.

Same story as always. Weak minded Tennessee coaches get out gunned by aggressive Florida coaches.

Dobbs will be further exposed. Hurd will have a good day but disappear due to Butch and buddy forgetting he's on the team at key moments.

Then the excuses will erupt about our youth and their athletes. Momentum of the swamp was just too much for our poor team. Next year is the year, again! !

Shoot me.

Florida wins 24-14.

The only faction of Tennessee football that is weak minded is the fanbase. Plagued with a loser mentality. The coaches and players go to the swamp with full confidence and expecting a win. I'm sure the players appreciate the fans already chalking them up for a loss a week before the game.

Reactions: 4 people
Can you really blame anyone that doesn't pick UT to win?

It's not picking FL to win, its automatically assuming the Vols will lose. I try not to be an orange sunshine pumper, but this is crazy.

The only faction of Tennessee football that is weak minded is the fanbase. Plagued with a loser mentality. The coaches and players go to the swamp with full confidence and expecting a win. I'm sure the players appreciate the fans already chalking them up for a loss a week before the game.

Agreed completely.

It's not picking FL to win, its automatically assuming the Vols will lose. I try not to be an orange sunshine pumper, but this is crazy.

Agreed completely.

I don't care what's happened in the past. I go into every game with confidence in the team and expecting a win. The least I can do as a fan is give my complete support for the players who busts their tails every week to prepare for the game, then go out and put their body's on the line so us fans sitting on our asses can be entertained.

Reactions: 2 people

Agreed completely.

Its not crazy at all considering we should be going for a three game winning streak on the Gators this year. Florida has our number and until we get over that hump, NOBODY should say with certainty that we're gonna win. Saying "there's a chance", "I'll believe it when I see it" or "we're gonna lose this game because we couldnt beat one of the worst Florida teams ever at home when we controlled the majority of the game last year" seems more fitting.

I'm recording it and not watching. I'll watch the recording if we somehow win

I'm more excited about the Florida game than I was the Oklahoma game. It's put a lot of pressure on the fans as well.

VN Store

Back