Pre-Florida week week

8-creepy-florida-gator-student-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

Enough with the "what if we win/lose threads."

Who wins, and why?

As I've said many times here, I think you have a great shot to end the streak this year. It is, however, so close that it's likely to come down to coaching and adjustments during the game, and there are now some real question marks there.

Overall, I think it comes down to two players -- Hurd and Grier. If either one has a big day, that tells the story.

LG, I've posted this elsewhere, but as it stands I think we SHOULD win, but will we is another question. Given our performances versus opponents, I think UT will be the better team on the field.

UT's Opponents:

BGSU - very, very efficient offense, may win 8-10 games this year and possibly their conference.

Oklahoma - potential to win the B12 when their offense clicks properly, but may be hindered by O line play. Still a very dangerous team.

UF's Opponents:

NMSU - Coming off a 2-10 campaign with wins over a 1-11 Georgia State team and Cal Poly. Currently 0-2 with a blowout loss to you guys and a loss to a 1-1 Georgia State team who lost their opener to Charlotte.

ECU - The ECU team you guys beat by 8 last year was better than the version you beat this year by 7. They lost a lot of key pieces including their OC who is now at Oklahoma, ironically I guess.

If we can move the ball on offense we can win by 2-3 scores, in a 31-17 type game. If not, I stand by that it will be much like last year in that whoever scores last wins. I think we can win given your young O line will have problems against our pass rush. Your freshman LT is good for a freshman, but he is still just that, a freshman, and will have his hands full versus Barnett. Playing in the Swamp does worry me though.

I just hope for a good, injury free game, and obviously a UT win.

Florida wins UNLESS Kentucky somehow blows them out this weekend and there's a locker room mutiny or something.

Butch is going to bring a conservative gameplan to the Swamp and try to protect a very small lead/hope for a 4th quarter game. All will go to plan until the 4th quarter when McElwain/Nussmeier start seeing holes in the defense and Grier hits a few deep balls and the Gators take a late lead.

With the pressure on and a chance for a final drive to win the game, Hurd either fumbles or Dobbs throws a pick to seal the win for the Gators.

I would not be at all surprised if Kentucky won -- Florida is just not consistent enough on offense to make any predictions. But its hard to see us getting blown out by anybody, with this defense.

I also think that there is no pressure on this team -- expectations are very tempered -- and so even if we lose to Kentucky I do not see it having the same effect on team morale that it might have if we lost at Commonwealth when it was thought we were an SECe contender.

Bottom line, other than injury issues, I do not think the Kentucky game outcome has any effect on UF-UT. It does give us a chance to get some good experience facing some hostility, on the road. That has value.

Reactions: 2 people
To drink a case of Jack or be on stand-by for admittance to an asylum? Or both?

Neither. It's put pressure on us so that Volnation won't have a complete meltdown like we did after the Oklahoma game.

I will never pick Tennessee to beat Florida. I have to see t before I believe. All I can say is this is a MUST win for Tennessee. If we lose, season win total likely stays the same as 2014

The only faction of Tennessee football that is weak minded is the fanbase. Plagued with a loser mentality. The coaches and players go to the swamp with full confidence and expecting a win. I'm sure the players appreciate the fans already chalking them up for a loss a week before the game.

So kicking a field goal from the 6 inch line isn't weak minded to you? The fans emotions are tied to the plays on the field. Reason our fans don't believe in this offense is because the coaches have showed that they don't.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the field goal kick come after an OU turn over?

It is generally a truism in football that if you get the ball on a turnover and have an opportunity to score, you make sure you put points on the board.

Reactions: 1 person
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the field goal kick come after an OU turn over?

It is generally a truism in football that if you get the ball on a turnover and have an opportunity to score, you make sure you put points on the board.

When it's early in the first quarter and the home crowd is hyped, you go for it on the half yard line. The game wasn't on the line in that point of the game, why not?

When it's early in the first quarter and the home crowd is hyped, you go for it on the half yard line. The game wasn't on the line in that point of the game, why not?

Because you just got stuffed on 3rd and 1. Doesn't mean I agree, but meh.

I don't like kneeling the ball with 40 seconds and two timeouts, but maybe I'm alone.

Reactions: 3 people
LG, I've posted this elsewhere, but as it stands I think we SHOULD win, but will we is another question. Given our performances versus opponents, I think UT will be the better team on the field.

UT's Opponents:

BGSU - very, very efficient offense, may win 8-10 games this year and possibly their conference.

Oklahoma - potential to win the B12 when their offense clicks properly, but may be hindered by O line play. Still a very dangerous team.

UF's Opponents:

NMSU - Coming off a 2-10 campaign with wins over a 1-11 Georgia State team and Cal Poly. Currently 0-2 with a blowout loss to you guys and a loss to a 1-1 Georgia State team who lost their opener to Charlotte.

ECU - The ECU team you guys beat by 8 last year was better than the version you beat this year by 7. They lost a lot of key pieces including their OC who is now at Oklahoma, ironically I guess.

If we can move the ball on offense we can win by 2-3 scores, in a 31-17 type game. If not, I stand by that it will be much like last year in that whoever scores last wins. I think we can win given your young O line will have problems against our pass rush. Your freshman LT is good for a freshman, but he is still just that, a freshman, and will have his hands full versus Barnett. Playing in the Swamp does worry me though.

We didnt exactly get great pressure against either team and or defensiveine can't tackle so I don't think your prediction will be correct.

Because you just got stuffed on 3rd and 1. Doesn't mean I agree, but meh.

I don't like kneeling the ball with 40 seconds and two timeouts, but maybe I'm alone.

I didn't have a problem getting points I had a problem with Debord packing up for a half...

UT's Opponents:

UF's Opponents:

One thing people do every single year, is over-analyze opponents of opponents. This never, ever works. This game will stand on its on.

My heart tells me this is the year we end the streak and start one of our own. My head tells me we lose because we always lose to Florida. I'll probably remain undecided until it's time for the pick the score contest.

So kicking a field goal from the 6 inch line isn't weak minded to you? The fans emotions are tied to the plays on the field. Reason our fans don't believe in this offense is because the coaches have showed that they don't.

Yeah they should've gone for it. Was the decision weak minded? No, it was a calculated decision to go for the sure points and get on the board first. To say the coaches don't believe in the offense is just an ignorant statement. I promise you they believe in the offense and take great pride in running it and developing it.
What you just did was try to pass your weak mindedness and loser mentality on to the coaches. It's not the coaches, it's you.

Agree. Even if you don't convert, OU has the ball on its own 1 yard line going against a fresh, fired-up defense, crazy hostile crowd, with 99 yards in front of them. Chances are, you end up with great field position and another shot at points even if you don't punch it in. Plus, you send a signal to both teams that you are here to WIN!

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah they should've gone for it. Was the decision weak minded? No, it was a calculated decision to go for the sure points and get on the board first. To say the coaches don't believe in the offense is just an ignorant statement. I promise you they believe in the offense and take great pride in running it and developing it.
What you just did was try to pass your weak mindedness and loser mentality on to the coaches. It's not the coaches, it's you.

Then how do you explain playing not to lose and sitting on a lead for two quarters watching your lead evaporate the crowd is silenced she momentum gone. Only to wake up in OT and score and ultimately lose.

Every year a gator says the sink Tennessee ends the streak and Florida loses.

But here we are..

Isn't it usually the same Gator, Lawgator? I haven't been around forever but I've never seen that particular Gator pick UF to win against anybody.

Agree. Even if you don't convert, OU has the ball on its own 1 yard line going against a fresh, fired-up defense, crazy hostile crowd, with 99 yards in front of them. Chances are, you end up with great field position and another shot at points even if you don't punch it in. Plus, you send a signal to both teams that you are here to WIN!

Getting on the board first sends the message and gets momentum...

We didnt exactly get great pressure against either team and or defensiveine can't tackle so I don't think your prediction will be correct.

Twas but a prediction. We consistently flushed Baker Mayfield, our defense just seemed to gassed to catch him at that point.

VN Store

Back