Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Textbook rebuilding year during your 4th year?? Right.

Especially when 2 of those first 3 years were NIT teams??

It's not a textbook rebuilding year. It will be the product of recruiting.

It's very similar to his first year. Losing almost all scoring from a team that went to the NCAA. We exceeded expectations his first year. I remember many thinking we would be complete garbage his first year, yet we beat Florida twice and uconn, won 20 games and finished second in the league. I don't think we will be close to .500 next year.

Last edited:
Witch Doctor still lurks. Martin took care of business and saved his job. I have never rooted against the Vols. all my post said IF he was fired. Hes not. Lets go farther in the dance than we ever have.
Go Vols.
Bones never lie.

I knew you might still be around. Hey I have never said anything about anyone in particular wanting UT to lose. That being said if anyone ever wants their team to lose then they are against that program. Good to hear from you WD. Now let's go beat some Gator azz! Go Big Orange!

Reactions: 1 person
knowthevols is just pissed that the big-time donors he caddies for straight up lied to him about Pearl.

I doubt it, things change that are out of anybody's control.

Most donors were and still are in a wait and see. The season is not over, but the reality is at the moment is that you can expect to see CCM for another year.

Most donors were and still are in a wait and see. The season is not over, but the reality is at the moment is that you can expect to see CCM for another year.

And the reality is that's not what knowthevols said was gonna happen

I knew you might still be around. Hey I have never said anything about anyone in particular wanting UT to lose. That being said if anyone ever wants their team to lose then they are against that program. Good to hear from you WD. Now let's go beat some Gator azz! Go Big Orange!

Witch Doctor say
Yes Skinning some gators would help in the healing. lol. Hey if can get grief for the team playing poorly(they were) He should get credit for turning it around and making good adjustments and getting the potential out of this talent.
Go Vols.
Bones never lie.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. It appears he will get the chance to coach another year. Or will he leave on his own as I've heard is a possibility? If he does stay, does Hart extend him, how much? Very interesting to see how this plays out.

Witch Doctor say
Yes Skinning some gators would help in the healing. lol. Hey if can get grief for the team playing poorly(they were) He should get credit for turning it around and making good adjustments and getting the potential out of this talent.
Go Vols.
Bones never lie.

Yes sir, well said. I hope they can keep this train rolling!

And the reality is that's not what knowthevols said was gonna happen

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. It appears he will get the chance to coach another year. Or will he leave on his own as I've heard is a possibility? If he does stay, does Hart extend him, how much? Very interesting to see how this plays out.

Knowthevols is just like anybody here and passed on information that he heard and I am sure he heard it. Things change and they did.

The Bottom line is did the petition start the thought process and did it not add pressure and a little fuel to the fire.

I think it accomplished a lot versus letting the situation sit silently like the elephant in the room.

I think it was either the Texas A&M or Missouri Game, away, that I witnessed the worst in game coaching job I have ever seen with one exception Dooley vs Missouri at home.

As far as the extension, raise its a catch 22. There is no way to determine at this point what kind of season we will have next year?

The years of the extension sends a clear message.

Last edited:
Knowthevols is just like anybody here and passed on information that he heard and I am sure he heard it. Things change and they did.

The Bottom line is did the petition start the thought process and did it not add pressure and a little fuel to the fire.

I think it accomplished a lot versus letting the situation sit silently like the elephant in the room.

I think it was either the Texas A&M or Missouri Game, away, that I witnessed the worst in game coaching job I have ever seen with one exception Dooley vs Missouri at home.

As far as the extension, raise its a catch 22. There is no way to determine at this point what kind of season we will have next year?

The years of the extension sends a clear message.

Knowthevols isn't exactly known for his earth shattering information posting. Mostly he trolls. You can believe what you want to, but given his post history here, I believe he didn't hear anything of substance.

As far as the petition, it's anybody's guess as to what effect it had. Nobody here is on the inside. Maybe it had an effect, maybe it had zero effect.

I really hate to see Pearl coming into TBA next season wearing a different color but that is a possibility.

Trash talk is strong in this thread over a team barely squeezing into a 68 team tourney lol

The butthurt is even stronger lol

Here's a good example:

I and a lot of others are in mourning because we got thrown into the land of mediocrity for several more years.

It will be fun watching the excuses pile up next year.

Zero discipline. Terrible game management.

Let's get the one and done in the NCAA tourney over with already so we can move on.

I don't care I'm going to say it.

We want Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back