Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we a lock to get in? What of UGA wins and NC State wins? They have to win their next games to vs UK and Duke and they are in. Time to start rooting for the favorites of all the other games.

Jesus Christ they were the number one team in the country, stop acting like we should win every game

See that's not the problem with people on here. We have a third year coach that had owned Florida the last two seasons and with the talent we have this year, fans are complacent enough that losing to Florida all of the sudden is acceptable.

The Vols have the roster to beat any team in the nation, I would have loved to have seen Pearl coach a team with this kind of talent.

They were close today, but I just knew at the half that the Gators would come back and win. UT always chokes in big games with Martin as HC during crunch time!

Reactions: 1 person
Excuses for what? Losing almost all of our scoring unless stokes returns. Textbook rebuilding year. As long as people don't have unrealistic expectations.

Rebuilding years are for football.

You should never rebuild in Basketball because you recruit accordingly.

I guess you would say that Caliperi rebuilds every year.

So call it what you want but it is not rebuilding and it is not a gimme to you and an excuse to me.

The Vols have the roster to beat any team in the nation, I would have loved to have seen Pearl coach a team with this kind of talent.

They were close today, but I just knew at the half that the Gators would come back and win. UT always chokes in big games with Martin as HC during crunch time!

We do not have the roster to beat any team in the nation. But we can certainly match up with several.

I don't know if Coach Pearl will ever return but I am certain Coach Martin will never coach TN to a regular season or conference tournament championship. Just never going to happen.

If you read this forum and find any class, then your standards are pretty low.

Please stop! Don't make generalizations, just stick to specifics. And, don't insult our fan base because you don't share the opinion of a few others, and please show some respect and class to others on here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion if you agree with it or not!

GBO!!

Last edited:
I don't know if Coach Pearl will ever return but I am certain Coach Martin will never coach TN to a regular season or conference tournament championship. Just never going to happen.

You are probably right. Martin will maintain a fringe status, close but no cigar.

You are probably right. Martin will maintain a fringe status, close but no cigar.

You know it makes me wonder what Dave Hart's standards might be. He's been quoted that basketball is a tournament sport. Does that mean he's OK with just making it or does he think you should advance? I really think it has more to do with $$ which means butts in the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back