Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuonzo made the NCAA Tournament so he was not going to get fired... I believe he should have been fired, but clearly I'm in no position to make that call.

Considering their late push against the bottom of the SEC and the fact that they made the tournament, he was going to get next year. So what's next? Well, it's obvious that Cuonzo doesn't know how to win with a senior/talent laden team, so there's no reason to expect he'll do any better with the team we'll have next year. This will more than expose his coaching inadequacies because he won’t have the talent to bail him out.

Therefore, Tennessee will be in the hunt for a qualified head coach and will look to none other than Auburn's coach Bruce Pearl. This would have been a less likely scenario had Bruce Pearl taken a job at a more reputable program. But fortunately for Tennessee, Auburn is well... Auburn and should Hart come calling, Bruce will jump ship.

:crossfingers:

Reactions: 2 people
Conzo made the NCAA Tournament so he was not going to get fired... I believe he should have been fired, but clearly I'm in no position to make that call.

Considering their late push against the bottom of the SEC and the fact that they made the tournament, he was going to get next year. So what's next? Well, it's obvious that Conzo doesn't know how to win with a senior/talent laden team, so there's no reason to expect he'll do any better with the team we'll have next year. This will more than expose his coaching inadequacies because he won’t have the talent to bail him out.

Therefore, Tennessee will be in the hunt for a qualified head coach and will look to none other than Auburn's coach Bruce Pearl. This would have been a less likely scenario had Bruce Pearl taken a job at a more reputable program. But fortunately for Tennessee, Auburn is well... Auburn and should Hart come calling, Bruce will jump ship.

No........to everything you said.

Now go to your room.

Reactions: 1 person
Conzo made the NCAA Tournament so he was not going to get fired... I believe he should have been fired, but clearly I'm in no position to make that call.

Considering their late push against the bottom of the SEC and the fact that they made the tournament, he was going to get next year. So what's next? Well, it's obvious that Conzo doesn't know how to win with a senior/talent laden team, so there's no reason to expect he'll do any better with the team we'll have next year. This will more than expose his coaching inadequacies because he won’t have the talent to bail him out.

So we're going to fire Cuonzo next year, and pay his buyout, and then get Pearl from Auburn and have to pony up for his buyout?

You seriously think that happens?

So we're going to fire Cuonzo next year, and pay his buyout, and then get Pearl from Auburn and have to pony up for his buyout?

You seriously think that happens?

Not sure of his buyout at Auburn. This may not go down next year, to the chagrin of tens of thousands of UT basketball fans... but it's is very much in play within the next few years.

One thing is certain... Conzo is a mediocre coach at best and will not succeed at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope Auburn appeals the remaining months on the show cause by using the investigator that now works at AU.

Be another huge crack in the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back