Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC tournament guys saying Bruce Pearl may be number 1 candidate for Auburn.

I heard three choices with Pearl being one of them. I'm sure Pearl will be at the top of many list and Auburn is a possibility. Pearl wants to go to a school that is behind basketball and wants to win a championship. Auburn built a new arena, the SEC is weak and recruiting would be easy at the Barn. I don't think he does it but stranger things have happened.

Did I miss something? Didn't that article say that the lead investigator on Pearl's case is now with Auburn athletic department? Since I am pretty sure Pearl feels like he got the shaft from everyone involved with that, it would seem that's a pretty big hatchet to bury before Pearl takes that job.

I agree. Even a bigger hatchet than with Jimmy Cheeck.

I'm not sure Bruce would take the Auburn job. I think he may hold out for something better. Maybe even wait till next year when he'll be fully available at the end of the season.

Could you imagine taking the Auburn job this month and then being told you can't recruit till August? You would be at least a year maybe 2 out on any big name guys the way college basketball recruiting works.

Could you imagine taking the Auburn job this month and then being told you can't recruit till August? You would be at least a year maybe 2 out on any big name guys the way college basketball recruiting works.

I don't know. Pearl has a name and a reputation as a winner. He could hire his staff and they do the recruiting. Recruiting for next year is pretty much done anyway so I think it could happen. I'm just not sure Auburn would appeal to Bruce. All just conjecture.

I'll give everybody this: I'd rather read through 181 pages on Vol Nation then to listen to Doc, Jeff, and Heather argue on the sports animal. every time I tune in, I want to cut my ears off.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll give everybody this: I'd rather read through 181 pages on Vol Nation then to listen to Doc, Jeff, and Heather argue on the sports animal. every time I tune in, I want to cut my ears off.

Easily the worst sports talk show that I know of. I can't believe anybody listens to that.

Easily the worst sports talk show that I know of. I can't believe anybody listens to that.

there was a local one around here that was worse but it was close. Thankfully he has been replaced so Doc is back in the lead

Still arguing right now, really don't care for aingy any more either.

If you like Pearl, wouldn't you not want him to go to Auburn?

And I don't mean just because it leaves open the possibility of him coming back to UT, I mean....because it's Auburn.

If you like Pearl, wouldn't you not want him to go to Auburn?

And I don't mean just because it leaves open the possibility of him coming back to UT, I mean....because it's Auburn.

I dont want him at auburn but if he goes.....I want him to fail.....the worst thing possible is for him to go to another SEC team and start kicking a** and us sitting here thinking of what might have been.

Why go to Auburn with a "show cause" and rebuild a program from ground zero. There is a possibility that there maybe an opening better after next year of which he maybe able to pick and choose the better options.

He may desire to continue the rebuild process here if available, but the position may never open up or made available to him. Waiting a year, he walks into any program with zero restrictions.

IMO, we will keep CCM for at least one more year. I will lower myself to good or bad expectations regarding CCM because it is just a waste of time. I want a coach that wins regardless of the situation.

We will keep CCM for one more year because we will make the NCAA. Even, If we don't and we lay an egg in the SECT I can see a small possibility of a coaching change.

Pearl has already turned down one Div 1 school, must be a reason.

Why go to Auburn with a "show cause" and rebuild a program from ground zero. There is a possibility that there maybe an opening better after next year of which he maybe able to pick and choose the better options.

He may desire to continue the rebuild process here if available, but the position may never open up or made available to him. Waiting a year, he walks into any program with zero restrictions.

IMO, we will keep CCM for at least one more year. I will lower myself to good or bad expectations regarding CCM because it is just a waste of time. I want a coach that wins regardless of the situation.

We will keep CCM for one more year because we will make the NCAA. Even, If we don't and we lay an egg in the SECT I can see a small possibility of a coaching change.

Pearl has already turned down one Div 1 school, must be a reason.

Yeah but Div 1 can mean anywhere. If he's serious about wanting to go to a bigger program that's serious about championships, I can see him turning down a Div 1 school that's bad even by small conference standards. It could have been a school like Niagara or Sacred Heart that offered him a job.

I dont want him at auburn but if he goes.....I want him to fail.....the worst thing possible is for him to go to another SEC team and start kicking a** and us sitting here thinking of what might have been.

Yes, but it's funny to me that people immediately think the worst case scenario possible is the most likely. I don't necessarily want him to go to Auburn but if I were a betting man, I'd bet he wouldn't build them into some powerhouse.

Yes, but it's funny to me that people immediately think the worst case scenario possible is the most likely. I don't necessarily want him to go to Auburn but if I were a betting man, I'd bet he wouldn't build them into some powerhouse.

Why is that? He is a proven winner wherever he has been.....granted being away three yrs that spark may not be there but odds are better that he will win.

Why is that? He is a proven winner wherever he has been.....granted being away three yrs that spark may not be there but odds are better that he will win.

I think he'll improve them but I honestly think Auburn is a wasteland for basketball, way more than we were when he came in. UT fans were turned off by Peterson and his lack of success but I never got the notion they really didn't care. I always saw UT as a fanbase that wanted desperately to win in basketball but the admin never got behind it.

I could be wrong but I don't see Auburn as a place that cares at all about basketball. I don't even think winning will change that all that much. Even a decade ago when Cliff Ellis had them competing, they didn't support the team all that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back