PC gamers

Did you ever play Shadow Warrior back in the day? Pretty fun Duke Nukum spinoff

Hoping someone can give me some advice. Plan on getting my first gaming pc. I've found a couple on ibuypower. Ones at the upper end of my price range and the other is a bit cheaper. So what I'm wondering is the i7 processor worth the difference in price than the i5? And the gtx 1070 worth it over the 1050? Can post all specs for both if it helps.

What are you looking to spend?

Long term, I'd say the i7 and 1070 gets you another year or two of running games at better than average quality. It'll also run games well in 2K and not too bad in 4k. So, a bit more longevity there.

What are you looking to spend?

Long term, I'd say the i7 and 1070 gets you another year or two of running games at better than average quality. It'll also run games well in 2K and not too bad in 4k. So, a bit more longevity there.

The i7 1070 one is about 1300. That's within my budget but it's at the top of my budget. I can justify it though if it's really worth it.

Hoping someone can give me some advice. Plan on getting my first gaming pc. I've found a couple on ibuypower. Ones at the upper end of my price range and the other is a bit cheaper. So what I'm wondering is the i7 processor worth the difference in price than the i5? And the gtx 1070 worth it over the 1050? Can post all specs for both if it helps.

Build your own... There are a multitude of guides out there if you haven't done it before. Should be able to get the i7 and 1070 for the same price as you'd pay for the i5 and 1050 from ipower... Go ahead and get it liquid cooled as well.

Takes about 2 hours max to assemble.

Once you build, it is very easy to do minor upgrades from time to time to keep it fresh.

The i7 1070 one is about 1300. That's within my budget but it's at the top of my budget. I can justify it though if it's really worth it.

My advice don't waste your money on the 1050. Also the I7 is phenomenal I've got it in mine I recommend it greatly it's huge and makes a gigantic difference. The 1070 is worth it also. Especially long term getting 1050 will just make you crave more

Man is your budget will allow $1300 build your own. I did and its better then any pre-built set. Its really simple to do. I got a website that lets you pick the parts you want and give you the best website for the price.

I'll give it to you and later on today I will send a link with what I think would be a good built for your price range.

Parts Picker

I wanted to use one of those sites to just buy a computer but I heard some so so things about the quality of the shipping and that sometimes it doesn't work properly and so I decided to learn how to make a computer myself and it was the best decision I ever made. It will be tricky that first time, but it's pretty straightforward and a lot easier than people think to put one together.

PCPartpicker is a fantastic site. An absolutely fantastic resource.

Man is your budget will allow $1300 build your own. I did and its better then any pre-built set. Its really simple to do. I got a website that lets you pick the parts you want and give you the best website for the price.

I'll give it to you and later on today I will send a link with what I think would be a good built for your price range.

Parts Picker
Thanks will have to check this out. And yeah I've been working on turning a spare room in my home into a game room. After doing up the room some and buying a game chair and desk I had about 1300 left on what I wanted to be at for the entire project.

Building a machine used to save you a ton. I think that has decreased a bit now days. Easy enough to do, but once you factor in the OS and the time to build and figure it out for ppl not familiar with it and the gap may not be all that great.

Newegg, microcenter, Costco....One of those probably has a pretty good prebuilt machine if you don't want to bother building it.

I have this one and it rocks. The 8gb of RAM was the only thing that concerned me so I bought 16gb of the same RAM it has on Black Friday for like $75. Since it is an iBuypower it has zero bloatware on it.

iBUYPOWER Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 120GB Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Drive Multi BB905 - Best Buy

I bought an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 8GB graphics card this past Saturday. Suppose to arrive today. I am so stoked because I am upgrading from a GTX 660 SC 2GB lol. Still isn't a bad car, though. Got Wildlands or For Honor for free with the purchase, too.

I bought an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 8GB graphics card this past Saturday. Suppose to arrive today. I am so stoked because I am upgrading from a GTX 660 SC 2GB lol. Still isn't a bad car, though. Got Wildlands or For Honor for free with the purchase, too.

Oh and Taishi chi> Zhang liao :)

Pc friends I've got a question. I want to play the dead space games on pc but I've heard the controls are funky on pc. My question is, since it's a 360 game do I have to use a 360 controller or will my Xbox one controller work? I've got both, just figured I'd ask if anyone knew. I'd rather use my mouse obviously, I'm gonna see how good the aiming is first.

Need some advice here fellas.

My current gaming PC is ancient and impossible to upgrade (AMD 965 Phenom CPU, AMD 7850 GPU). I travel a lot for my work, so I bought a laptop last year that has an i7 CPU and a 960m GPU. It plays older games very well, but doesn't handle newer games unless I turn the graphics all the way down.

I'd love to get back into PC gaming, but I know that if I build a new gaming rig, my laptop will collect dust unless I'm traveling.

Would I be better off letting it collect dust and building an ~$800 rig, or should I sell it (could recoup around $600) and buy a laptop with a built-in 1060 GPU for around $1,100? Normally I would never go for a "true" gaming laptop, but apparently the performance of the 1000 series is identical or close to it with desktops and laptops.

Also, going up to a 1070 or 1080 is way out of my price range, and a 1060 seems sufficient for 1080p gaming already.

My current gaming PC is ancient and impossible to upgrade (AMD 965 Phenom CPU, AMD 7850 GPU). I travel a lot for my work, so I bought a laptop last year that has an i7 CPU and a 960m GPU. It plays older games very well, but doesn't handle newer games unless I turn the graphics all the way down.

I'd love to get back into PC gaming, but I know that if I build a new gaming rig, my laptop will collect dust unless I'm traveling.

Would I be better off letting it collect dust and building an ~$800 rig, or should I sell it (could recoup around $600) and buy a laptop with a built-in 1060 GPU for around $1,100? Normally I would never go for a "true" gaming laptop, but apparently the performance of the 1000 series is identical or close to it with desktops and laptops.

Also, going up to a 1070 or 1080 is way out of my price range, and a 1060 seems sufficient for 1080p gaming already.
My 980M runs resident evil 7 maxed out with 90 frames on average. However I've also got an I7 CPU which is top of the line. Since you travel grab that 1060M it'll be very powerful trust me. But I advise spending the extra money on a top of the line CPU also

I know little in regards to how comparable the laptop versions are to the desktop versions of the 1000 series GPU's. But, I was kind of in your boat when looking at a new GPU. I upgraded from a EVGA GTX 660 SC and was originally looking at the 1060 SC. However, I ended up buying the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW and am extremely happy with the card. Obviously rig GPU's are always going to be better than laptop GPU's. But, if you can sway yourself the jump from 1060 to 1070 can be worth it depending on what games you play.

Also, I think your main concern here is figuring out which kind to get (laptop or rig). I think the main question you gotta answer is: do you want to game while on the road? If so, I think that may answer that question.

Pc friends I've got a question. I want to play the dead space games on pc but I've heard the controls are funky on pc. My question is, since it's a 360 game do I have to use a 360 controller or will my Xbox one controller work? I've got both, just figured I'd ask if anyone knew. I'd rather use my mouse obviously, I'm gonna see how good the aiming is first.

Your Xbone controller should work. I've used my 360 controller for games on my PC that are also out for only the One and not the 360.

VN Store

Back