PC gamers

The drawback to 4K monitors right now is that they're all (save for maybe one or two) limited to 60 hz, and even pushing that requires a 1080 Ti, at least if you want to max out settings.

Monitors are about to get crazy good but also crazy expensive. There are a few ultrawides and 16:9s in the pipeline that will have HDR and 200 hz refresh rates. They'll probably cost $1,500 though.

I probably won't upgrade from the Predator until OLED has hit "mainstream" prices in monitors. The LG OLED 4K TVs are gorgeous.

Good points. I definitely need something faster than 60hz, as that's the issue I have now. It seems if I want gsync, it's either wait, or go the 1440p or ultrawide route.

Wanna share that wallpaper? :)

As for my build, I'm new to the PC market also. Picked this up recently to supplement my aging iMac. Used for gaming, video editing, etc.

Liquid cooled i-7 7700k
240GB Kingston SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD (more storage coming soon)
MSI Z270 PC MATE motherboard
Kingston HYPERX FURY 8GB DDR4-2400 RAM
Asus GTX 1080 8GB VIDEO CARD
LG Bluray Burner

My biggest issue is finding software equivalents of OSX programs I've used for years. That's the downside for me so far.

I will attach the wallpaper in here when I get back around my PC, Freak.

Got this in early 2015. Nothing too crazy but a solid PC. Probably will do some upgrades in a year or two.

Right now it's got

i5 4590
GTX 960
8GB of RAM
Hardive is 1 TB

Not outlandish by any means but was a solid budget buy a couple years ago. Still plays most recent games at 50-60 FPS at least medium/High if they were optimized worth a damn.

So, after planning on getting a pc and putting it off and being indecisive I've finally just bought a gaming laptop from Best Buy. Hadn't planned on it but it was 50 dollars off plus another 100 for being a student plus tax free weekend. And I need a good laptop for school and work anyway.

any suggestions on a gaming mouse? Specifically for games such as PUBG, been playing with a controller since I got a pc and its pretty obvious controller isn't the way to go. Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum seems to have good reviews, leaning towards it.

any suggestions on a gaming mouse? Specifically for games such as PUBG, been playing with a controller since I got a pc and its pretty obvious controller isn't the way to go. Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum seems to have good reviews, leaning towards it.

I got something like this about 10 years ago and its still going strong.

Logitech Wireless Mouse M325 seems like it was a little more expensive 10 years ago.

but do go with Logitech, never been disappointed with their stuff.

Any of the Logitech, Corsair, Zowie, etc., mice are great.

Make sure you know which type of "grip" you use on the mouse (palm, fingertip, or claw) and buy a mouse that's recommended for it for maximum comfort.

I have a G502 and also a Razer Naga. I think it comes down to size/feel, and which company's software you prefer. You probably can't go wrong with anything from Logitech, Corsair, Razer, etc.

I was a huge razer guy..only used razer when cs:source was big. I cam back trying to play cs go and made the switch to steelseries rival 700.

I'll never look back. It's almost like having wallhack. You can set it to vibrate when your flash hits people etc.

I use it for FPS games and naga for mmo games.

Btw - if anyone plays PUBG or Overwatch shoot me an invite.

Steam - Pharsidex
Bnet - ill have to look when I get home

/edit - One thing to check for the the rival series, its a heavier mouse but I feel it helps with more pin point accuracy. Comparing to the old deathadder and what not its significantly heavier.

Last edited:
I have had my Logitech G500 for about 4-5 years and still love it. I only play FPS like CSGO and MWO so dont really need all of the buttons.

I went with the Logitech G502 and really like it. Has weights that can be added and removed. I prefer it heavier so I used them all.

I went with the Logitech G502 and really like it. Has weights that can be added and removed. I prefer it heavier so I used them all.
Yea mine had a small box of weights in it that I only use if I am playing CSGO.. I still suck at the game but at least I feel like a pro :)

I have a G502 and also a Razer Naga. I think it comes down to size/feel, and which company's software you prefer. You probably can't go wrong with anything from Logitech, Corsair, Razer, etc.

I also have a proteus G502.

If you're gonna be playing PUBG be sure to get used to low sensitivity

No matter what type of mouse y'all have, make sure you go into control panel -> mouse settings and turn off the "Enhance Pointer Precision" function (fancy name for mouse acceleration). It's a little weird at first to not use it but having it on basically negates the advantages of having a fancy mouse with high DPI and a really accurate sensor.

Reactions: 1 person
So, I am looking at upgrading the amount of RAM I have on my motherboard which has 4 memory card slots. Currently, I have Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3. What is the best possible scenario to go with for adding more RAM to my desktop? Should I just buy 2 more of the same memory sticks? Or should I buy 2 x 8 GB memory sticks and replace the sticks I already have?

Also, can you have two 4GB sticks and 2 8GB sticks on the same mother board? Or do they all have to be the same stick with the same brand and specs?

So, I am looking at upgrading the amount of RAM I have on my motherboard which has 4 memory card slots. Currently, I have Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3. What is the best possible scenario to go with for adding more RAM to my desktop? Should I just buy 2 more of the same memory sticks? Or should I buy 2 x 8 GB memory sticks and replace the sticks I already have?

Also, can you have two 4GB sticks and 2 8GB sticks on the same mother board? Or do they all have to be the same stick with the same brand and specs?
You can mix/match ram sizes if you want. I prefer to be more uniform with them as I run 2x8GB. If you mix/match I really wouldn't advise mixing speeds of the ram. FTR I don't nor have I ever played a game that required more than 16GB of ram

You can mix/match ram sizes if you want. I prefer to be more uniform with them as I run 2x8GB. If you mix/match I really wouldn't advise mixing speeds of the ram. FTR I don't nor have I ever played a game that required more than 16GB of ram

Thanks. What is a good speed for RAM now-a-days?

I actually saw some at 2133 and others even above that. All of these speeds can be confusing lol.
It actually does go higher but you will never know the difference. I worry about 2 things in my rig and those are the CPU and GPU. As long as you have 16GB of pretty much any speed of ram you will be fine for gaming.That has been my experience anyway

Reactions: 1 person
It actually does go higher but you will never know the difference. I worry about 2 things in my rig and those are the CPU and GPU. As long as you have 16GB of pretty much any speed of ram you will be fine for gaming.That has been my experience anyway

Awesome. I appreciate your help :hi:.

RAM speed makes a small difference in certain games.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1171-ddr4-4000-mhz-performance/page3.html

The performance increase from DDR4 2133 to DDR4 4000 is actually pretty significant. Of course, RAM that fast is absurdly expensive and not really practical.

My MB doesn't accept DDR4, sadly. So I will probably end up just upgrading to 16 GB of DDR3 RAM using 2 x 8 GB sticks. Sounds like I may have to look at upgrading my MB now, lol.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back