Our Conference

The Mississippi schools were the beneficiaries of media love and vastly overrated all year. With the exception of Arkansas, the SECW hasn't shown much this bowl season. What that means I don't know and don't really care as long as the Vols show up tomorrow and put a beat down on Iowa.

There were so many good teams out there this year that they should have had 8 teams in the playoffs. TCU was dominate all year too except for 1 quarter of the Baylor game.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's face this- the SEC has been the dominate league for some time now. When you're on top it is hard to stay there. I still think the SEC is the best but there is a lot of parody.

Let's face this- the SEC has been the dominate league for some time now. When you're on top it is hard to stay there. I still think the SEC is the best but there is a lot of parody.

Heh.

Last edited:
Be funny if SEC east wins more bowl games than the west since east has been considered SEC JV squad all year

The rants will be well deserved after LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St lost. I attended the Ole Miss game and the offense looked terrible. TCU has a very good team, but they should not have put such a beat down on the Rebels.

I am hitting the road in the morning to head to Jacksonville where I expect the Vols to get a win.

Happy New Year to VolNation.

Damn, I need your job (and money).

Be funny if SEC east wins more bowl games than the west since east has been considered SEC JV squad all year

SInce SECW is 2-4 with Bama game to go and SECE is 3-0 by my calculation with UT and UF left, then there's a good chance it will happen.

Exactly and if we were judgement day honest we'd prob admit the SEC was down a little this year. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the Mississippi State and Ole Miss story this year but if you're relying on those two to carry the banner for the league then usually were going to be in trouble. Alabama my win it all by default but they're nowhere near the team They've been in the past.., that's just the way I see it...

Can't wait for the next episode of Kiffin's Krimson Korner if Bama can't pull this game out against OSU.

The idea that the best football is in the SEC is silly. Now if you want to say the best "fans" are in the SEC you'd be right. But having the best fans does not mean SEC teams are always the best.

So much for Bama. The SEC has had less than spectacular results this bowl season. Hope that doesn't carry over to our game tomorrow.

OK, I may have missed some games, if so forgive me... it's late...

Before Ohio St. beat Bama, and FSU got stomped by Oregon, I was looking at the argument between the Big 10, ACC and SEC when looking at the best performing conferences to date in the bowls.

Between those three, it came down to the SEC and Big10 with the Big 10 having a slight edge. But with Ohio St. beating Alabama, it's all theirs regardless of what happens in the Sugar Bowl.

All three conferences have 5 teams in top 25 bowls. But, the Big 10 has 5 bowl wins to 4 for SEC and ACC. Big 10 has 3 top 25 bowl wins to this date vs SEC's 1 and ACC's 2 (Although 1 of which ACC was the only ranked team in the game). But Wisconsin has 2 head to head Ws over Alabama and Auburn. Additionally, they have a HUGE W in Michigan St. over Baylor. I just dont' know who the SEC has that could match up well with Michigan St. Maybe Mississippi St., but they lost to Georgia Tech convincingly. By the way, that was the only head to head ACC vs. SEC game. The Mississippi St. loss and blowout of Ole Miss, just makes the SEC look weaker (granted they apparently are missing a LOT of players due to injury?). Regardless, the SEC just doesn't have a top tier bowl win other than the Georgia game.

So, the Big 10 takes the cake this year, then the ACC and then the SEC are a toss up unless Tennessee and Florida throw their bowls and the ACC wins... (again top to bottom).

1 Alabama (12-1) vs. 4 Ohio St. (12-1) L 42-35
19 Auburn (8-5) vs. 18 Wisconsin (11-3) L 31-34
9 Ole Miss (9-4) vs. 6 TCU (12-1) L 3-42
7 Mississippi St. (10-3) vs. 12 Ga. Tech (11-3) L 34-49
13 Georgia (10-3) vs.21 Louisville (9-4) W 37-14
LSU (8-5) vs. Notre Dame (8-5) L 28-31
Texas A&M (8-5) vs. W. Virginia (7-6) W 45-37
Arkansas (7-5) vs. (Texas) (6-7) W 37 - 7
South Carolina (7-6) vs. Miami (6-7) W 24-21
Florida(6-5) vs. East Carolina (8-4)
Tennessee (6-6) vs. Iowa (7-5)

Total Teams in 10
Total top 25 bowls 5
Total over matched top 25 bowls by rank (3-1)
Total under matched top 25 bowls by rank (0-1)
Record top 25 bowls (2-2)
Bowl Record 4-4
Potential bowl Record 7-4

ACC
3 Florida St. (13-1) vs. 2 Oregon (13-1) L 59-20
12 Ga. Tech (11-3) vs. 7 Miss. St (10-3) W 49-34
21 Louisville (9-4) vs. 13 Georgia (10-3) L 21-37
Duke (9-4) vs. 15 Arizona State (10-3) L 31-36
17 Clemson (17) (10-3) Oklahoma vs. (8-5) W 40- 6
Maryland (7-6) vs. Stanford (8-5) L 21-45
Boston College (7-6) vs. Penn State (7-6) L 30-31
Miami (6-7) vs. South Carolina (7-6) L 21-24
Virginia Tech (7-6) vs. Cincinnati (9-4) W 33-17
North Carolina (6-7) vs. Rutgers (8-5) L 21-40
NC State (8-5) vs. UCF (9-4) W 34-27
Pittsburgh (6-6) vs. Houston (7-5)

Total Teams in 12
Total top 25 bowls 5
Total over matched top 25 bowls by rank 1 (1-0)
Total under matched top 25 bowls by rank 4 (1-3)
Record top 25 bowls (2-3)
Bowl Record 4-7
Potential bowl Record 5-7

Big 12 (7 teams in) 1-4 currently

4 Ohio State (12-1) vs. 1 Alabama (12-1) W 42-35
25 Minnesota (8-5) vs. 33 16 Missouri (11-3) L 33-17
8 Michigan State (11-2) vs. 5 Baylor (11-2) W 42-41
18 Wisconsin (11-3) vs. 19 Auburn (8-5) W 34-31
Nebraska (9-4) vs. 24 USC (9-4) L 42-45
Maryland (7-6) vs Stanford (8-5) L 21-45
Penn State (7-6) vs. Boston College (7-6) W 31-30
Rutgers (8-5) vs. North Carolina (6-7) W 40-21
Illinois (6-7) vs. Louisiana Tech (9-5) L 18-35
Iowa (7-5) vs. Tennessee (6-6)

Total Teams in 10
Total top 25 bowls 5
Total over matched top 25 bowls by rank 1 (1-0)
Total under matched top 25 bowls by rank 4 (1-2)
Record top 25 bowls 2-2
Bowl Record 4-4
Potential bowl Record 6-4

Pac 10 (8 teams in) 4-2 currently
Big 10 (10 teams in) 4-4 currently

Besides leaving Missouri's game against Minnesota out, you somehow have 11 SEC bowl games yet your "Total teams in" is only 10.

(and for some reason you have it in the Big 10 game section but not the SEC)

Besides leaving Missouri's game against Minnesota out, you somehow have 11 SEC bowl games yet your "Total teams in" is only 10.

(and for some reason you have it in the Big 10 game section but not the SEC)

Yeah, my bad... I think I had 10 only because of that reason (leaving out the Missouri game). I updated the figures, still have the same feeling... again, unless we win our last 2 bowl games and ACC throws theirs. Then, it is hard to argue ACC is stronger. Still, Big 10 is big this year... and now they have Harbaugh going to MI. It officially have competition, but that competition only gets one year of bragging rights for now.

I hate Urban Crier and I've always hated ohio state Suckeyes that are always overrated and wouldn't hold up in a SEC schedule.

As much as I hate alaBubba and nick saTan I have to hope they curbstomp the crap out of the ohio state Luckeyes.

TCU should have been in rather than the Suckeyes and I think they proved that yesterday.

Urbie only took that job because the player roster was already well stocked before he got there just like it was at floriDUHHH.

I also really want to see a NC game between the alaBummers and the ducks.

I also think the playoffs should be the top 8 teams but maybe that's because I love football and would enjoy a couple more weeks to watch it.

GO VOLS, it's time to #RISETOTHETOP!!!

VFL...GO BIG ORANGE!!!
Looks like you were wronng and the committee got it right.

TCU has an arguement but there's no way in heck 8 games ever makes sense. Ussually 5-8 or at least 6-8 have 2 lossea therefore have ZERO argument to be in the playoffs.

Welp, getting into the playoffs just got a lot harder.

The SEC's reputation would have allowed 2 teams in no problem this season. I see no way the bias continues down the road after watching this. All of those top 25 teams the SEC was fielding is a joke. Looking back now and seeing Miss St/Ole Miss ranked #1 is hilarious. They're not even top 10.

Only way we're ever getting in is by winning the SEC.

Welp, getting into the playoffs just got a lot harder.

The SEC's reputation would have allowed 2 teams in no problem this season. I see no way the bias continues down the road after watching this. All of those top 25 teams the SEC was fielding is a joke. Looking back now and seeing Miss St/Ole Miss ranked #1 is hilarious. They're not even top 10.

Only way we're ever getting in is by winning the SEC.

Agreed. I never felt they were that good which makes me worried about how bad we are :-/

VN Store

Back