Our Conference

Top heavy conference. Bama and the rest-- Gladys Knight and the Pips

Pretty much. Usually one other juggernaut each year. Not this one though.

Honestly, most of my life I have despised watching mainstream media blow smoke up the rear ends of ND, OSU, UM, PSU, & USC. But now days, I am sick and tired of listening to redneck stupid crow @ how dominant the SEC is. Meanwhile we get beaten by Cal, UCLAx2, then plastered and humiliated by UO twice, then a 3 score loss to OU.

The SEC top to bottom is the best usually I would say. But I could care less when my team is irrelevant and having to gain some sense of pride off Bama or the Barns coattails.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the problem is the same problem that it has always been. Teams in the SEC beat each other up all year long. By the time an SEC gets to a bowl game or playoff game, they are mentally and physically beat up. A team and coaching staff as exhausted every resource it has to get to this point and has lost key players to injury while their opponents have played practice games with an occasional challenge mixed in and are fresh to bring everything they have to a bowl game. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again...a playoff system does nothing for the game because it doesn't address the problem. Teams of weaker conferences are not scheduling difficult opponents and because of that we don't know what they are. A playoff just means that the teams that do play respectable schedules now have to survive a tough regular season and then have to play the best fresh teams in weaker conferences. To illustrate just look at the teams that we have demolished early in the season the last few years(even under Dooley) before we get to the meat of our schedule. Until teams are forced to play a respectable strength of schedule during the regular season, we won't truly know who the best is. My two cent rant is over.

I thought pretty much the same thing, but you said it better than I would have. The Mississippi teams brought everything they had during the regular season. They probably just do not have the depth to keep bringing it like Bama, LSU and GA do.

At this point Ole Miss is probably the 6th best SEC team. I expected them to lose big to another conference champion.

I think part of LSU's problem, both on the field with the players seemingly lost and in game coaching, was the distraction of Chief leaving. I am sure the team "knew" even if they were not officially told before the game. One of the defensive players tweeted after the game they should pay Chief then he removed the tweet.

That would be tough to find out right before you played a big game.

MSU not having a DC could not have been good facing a wierd O like GT. The HC is an offensive minded coach so whoever was calling defensive plays for the first time, having to do it against that option offense is a raw deal.

Ole Pi$$ all you need to say is BAD BO.

At the end of the day they all lost though, for whatever reason.

I think the problem is the same problem that it has always been. Teams in the SEC beat each other up all year long. By the time an SEC gets to a bowl game or playoff game, they are mentally and physically beat up. A team and coaching staff as exhausted every resource it has to get to this point and has lost key players to injury while their opponents have played practice games with an occasional challenge mixed in and are fresh to bring everything they have to a bowl game. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again...a playoff system does nothing for the game because it doesn't address the problem. Teams of weaker conferences are not scheduling difficult opponents and because of that we don't know what they are. A playoff just means that the teams that do play respectable schedules now have to survive a tough regular season and then have to play the best fresh teams in weaker conferences. To illustrate just look at the teams that we have demolished early in the season the last few years(even under Dooley) before we get to the meat of our schedule. Until teams are forced to play a respectable strength of schedule during the regular season, we won't truly know who the best is. My two cent rant is over.
When the SEC wins it is the tough schedule that prepares them to beat elite schools. TCU would be Ole Miss ten out of ten times . There has been a month since any of the teams played so the "beat up" excuse doesn't hold water.

Reactions: 5 people
Bad Bo showed up today. Wish we could've played bad Bo. I thought overall the SEC defense has been pretty atrocious in the bowls. Offensively, besides Ole Miss, the SEC has looked good but it seems like the defenses just gave up after the regular season.

Not having Treadwell makes bad Bo show up.

I know the scores were a little lopsided but TCU was supposed to beat a 3 loss Ole Miss and who said Sate was SUPPOSED to beat Tech? LSU and N Dame were even. Georgia was SUPPOSED to win and one can easily aegue SCjr should have lost with that D and A&M won.
Things aren't looking good but its not the end.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong and Bama and Florida get ran the heck over.

Outside the top 2 or 3, the SEC is overrated. Get over it. I'm married to an Oregon Duck and live in Big10 land so I get the constant reminder. Today has been especially fun for an SEC homer.

I was glad to see the Mississippi schools lose. I hope Ohio State curb stomps bama. Not because I like them or anything I just think the playoff committee made a bad choice keeping TCU out. There's a difference between a hiccup game and barely surviving in over half of your games(Free Shoes U.). So, I guess I'm a quackin duck for the playoffs!!

Last edited:
When the SEC wins it is the tough schedule that prepares them to beat elite schools. TCU would be Ole Miss ten out of ten times . There has been a month since any of the teams played so the "beat up" excuse doesn't hold water.

I REALLY wanted Gary Patterson to be our head coach when Dooley was fired. Don't get me wrong, I love Butch but Patterson is an amazing coach.

I was glad to see the Mississippi schools lose. I hope Ohio State curb stomps bama. Not because I like them or anything I just think the playoff committee made a bad choice keeping TCU out. There's a difference between a hiccup game and barely surviving in over half of your games(Free Shoes U.). So, I guess I'm a quackin duck for the playoffs!!

Until FL State loses, they absolutely deserve to be there. They're the defending national champions and are undefeated. How can you possibly keep them out?

How does O beating bama prove the committee wrong?:unsure:

So espn just said Danny K was "waiting for the party" yesterday and was loving that the sec has struggled. What a douce.

I feel bad for the Mississippi schools. They had magical seasons for them and the bowl win would have made it extra special. Hated to see them humiliated; both GT and TCU played exceptionally well (as did Notre Dame although the refs spotted them a TD). Don't understand how Ole Miss curb stomped us now, but I'm assuming Butch gets it done in 2015.

Only pulling for the Vols now. GBO!

I hate Urban Crier and I've always hated ohio state Suckeyes that are always overrated and wouldn't hold up in a SEC schedule.

As much as I hate alaBubba and nick saTan I have to hope they curbstomp the crap out of the ohio state Luckeyes.

TCU should have been in rather than the Suckeyes and I think they proved that yesterday.

Urbie only took that job because the player roster was already well stocked before he got there just like it was at floriDUHHH.

I also really want to see a NC game between the alaBummers and the ducks.

I also think the playoffs should be the top 8 teams but maybe that's because I love football and would enjoy a couple more weeks to watch it.

GO VOLS, it's time to #RISETOTHETOP!!!

VFL...GO BIG ORANGE!!!

By tomorrow, the "I knew they were overrated" rants will be everywhere.... Thoughts?

I believe TCU wanted to make a statement that the committee made a mistake. They can blame their conference more however for not claiming them the conference champion ( based on their conference rules, they should have been champions) instead of making them and Baylor co-champions.
On the other hand Mississippi state probably not so enthused after their awful finish of the season after riding the high most of the way

Thunder-Good-Oil has it like this

SEC: 4-3
Charter members are 1-3
West: 2-3
East: 2-0

2-1 v ACC
2-1 v B12
0-1 v Notre Dame
Won: GA USC TXAM ARK
Lost: Miss Miss St LSU

1/1/15:
Auburn v Wisconsin
Missouri v Minnesota
Alabama v Ohio State

1/2/15:
TN v Iowa

1/3/15:
FL v East Carolina

The SEC has always been overrated as a whole. Alabama has been the only team that's really been dominant the last four years or so

VN Store

Back