Our Conference

O yeah. and Arky blew Texas out.

That, I loved.
I am thankful that Strong is wearing that ugly TX orange instead of the beautiful TN Orange. If he can't find another Bridgewater, his time at TX will be short.

Top heavy conference. Bama and the rest-- Gladys Knight and the Pips

All conferences are top loaded. A conference should be judged top to bottom, doing that the SEC is by far the superior conference..

It would be funny after all the "sec west is king" talk, and "the east is weak", if the east teams all win now. I know different games, but it'd still be funny.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the State of Mississippi wanted to maintain its main claim to fame: being at the bottom of every listing of the 50 states.

I thought pretty much the same thing, but you said it better than I would have. The Mississippi teams brought everything they had during the regular season. They probably just do not have the depth to keep bringing it like Bama, LSU and GA do.

interesting reading on Football Outsiders about statistical odds, looking back, on some of the higher rated, this season, SEC schools. I agree with the better said above comments that the long season just brought the odds into play. "Riding the wave" only takes you so far when you don't have the infrastructure in place.

will we be pulling for the SEC all the way down to the championship? I will.

Thunder-Good-Oil has it like this

SEC: 4-3
Charter members are 1-3
West: 2-3
East: 2-0

2-1 v ACC
2-1 v B12
0-1 v Notre Dame
Won: GA USC TXAM ARK
Lost: Miss Miss St LSU

1/1/15:
Auburn v Wisconsin
Missouri v Minnesota
Alabama v Ohio State

1/2/15:
TN v Iowa

1/3/15:
FL v East Carolina

Also the SEC went 0-4 against the ACC the last week of the season!!

I know threads often change course but I hope all understand,
This is not about if you pull for the sec.
Also not about the reality of us still leading % wise.

Other conferences felt disrespected most of the season because of hype from sports shows and chest beaters. Those that implied the top 5 from the west, were basically the top 5 in the country.They could only lose to one another.

I still believe the sec is overall the most talented conference but I will understand the feeling of "vendication" many fans will feel.

We may be slightly better but are not the giants among men many made us out to be.
I even read a post here on VN this past week or so, that said we may very well go 13-0 (including NC) in bowl play. Many others had us losing 1-3 games total.

Outside the top 2 or 3, the SEC is overrated. Get over it. I'm married to an Oregon Duck and live in Big10 land so I get the constant reminder. Today has been especially fun for an SEC homer.

If by overrated you mean still the best conference

Reactions: 1 person
Top to bottom the SECW is far and away the best division in college FB. The 2 from Mississippi aren't worthy of 1 & 2 rankings, but at that time they deserved it.

DUH.............we woke up and it turns out Ol Piss and Miss Mistake are still Ol Piss and Miss Mistake!!

What a surprise!@!

I think the problem is the same problem that it has always been. Teams in the SEC beat each other up all year long. By the time an SEC gets to a bowl game or playoff game, they are mentally and physically beat up. A team and coaching staff as exhausted every resource it has to get to this point and has lost key players to injury while their opponents have played practice games with an occasional challenge mixed in and are fresh to bring everything they have to a bowl game. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again...a playoff system does nothing for the game because it doesn't address the problem. Teams of weaker conferences are not scheduling difficult opponents and because of that we don't know what they are. A playoff just means that the teams that do play respectable schedules now have to survive a tough regular season and then have to play the best fresh teams in weaker conferences. To illustrate just look at the teams that we have demolished early in the season the last few years(even under Dooley) before we get to the meat of our schedule. Until teams are forced to play a respectable strength of schedule during the regular season, we won't truly know who the best is. My two cent rant is over.

U don't really believe this surely.... ever conf gets beat up,,

Please don't use this excuse if tn loses.,

Bottom line it looks like the sec is very average this yr. No other excuse

:hi:

Missouri isnt looking good against Minnesota. The SEC might have been overrated this year. I think Tennessee is in for a tough game tomorrow. Butch better have the boys ready.

I always thought the Miss teams were overrated. but the sec gets wins 2 day and 2 morrow. GBO!!!!

So G.Tech did play Miss State...according to Brent Musburger they played the SEC and somehow we all were reeling with the lost. I'm a VOLS fan and I didn't lose any sleep on it.

VN Store

Back