Oregon vs. Tenn

As someone who use to make Napalm, I'm not sure I understand the reference. napalm smells like gas, as it should, given that's a primary component. Burns around 1400 degrees and has a consistency similar to strawberry preserves. Granted last time I made it was during the Vietnam War, so they may have changed formulas and come up with a more sophisticated mixture than I am familiar with.

REFERENCE was for Napalm as in smells like Victory, as in Apocolypse Now, Robert Duval. Sorry for the confusion.

There's alot of FEAR in this thread. Not the competitive fear that one gets when playing sports but hide in the corner wimp type fear. I doubt the players who have to travel to Oregon are looking to run from the Ducks like some "fans" are. Perhaps they are looking out for the best interest of their own short comings and inability to face a challenge head on. Thank God you don't play.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't see an upset as an impossible task. Unlikely considering that we are traveling Cross country and somewhat out manned with little depth in Key positions, but that is why we play the game.

The team will have two games to get the Kinks out. Adjustments and time to exercise the new schemes on both the offense and defense sides.

Oregon's speed will be hard to duplicate in practice but that is where CBJ will earn his metal.

Would not be surprised if we upset them or played them in a close game.

Conditioning will be a Key along with injuries. This game fits into the Perfect storm.

We all know that Coach Jones will have them ready and that he doesn't want to waste a trip to the Left Coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
There's alot of FEAR in this thread. Not the competitive fear that one gets when playing sports but hide in the corner wimp type fear. I doubt the players who have to travel to Oregon are looking to run from the Ducks like some "fans" are. Perhaps they are looking out for the best interest of their own short comings and inability to face a challenge head on. Thank God you don't play.

Amen!!!! I hope to God there isnt 1 player that has half of this fanbases mentality.

The games arent played on paper, in a simulation, or conversations on the internet. THEY ARE PLAYED ON THE FIELD!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

:rock:

I'm with you.

LOL There I go being "literal" again. Good movie.....

What up Go Duck? Good to see you, hope all is well with you and yours.

ANYWAY.....what happened to that DB, I think his name was Cliff Harris. Did he go pro or get dismissed. I know dude had a lil thug in him. I also know dude was an All American type talent IMO.

What up Go Duck? Good to see you, hope all is well with you and yours.

ANYWAY.....what happened to that DB, I think his name was Cliff Harris. Did he go pro or get dismissed. I know dude had a lil thug in him. I also know dude was an All American type talent IMO.

Thanks, good fans on here.

Yea, great talent with a 2 cent brain. Not sure where he is now. I think the Ducks booted him and then the NFL said NO he's too much trouble. I think I saw something a year or two ago about him getting arrested. I don't know for sure without google, but honestly, I'm not going to spend the time on him.

Thanks, good fans on here.

Yea, great talent with a 2 cent brain. Not sure where he is now. I think the Ducks booted him and then the NFL said NO he's too much trouble. I think I saw something a year or two ago about him getting arrested. I don't know for sure without google, but honestly, I'm not going to spend the time on him.

Unfortunately, part of winning big includes the occasional appearance in the crime beat section of the local paper. Lord knows we've had our share of these dudes.

Putting a benjamin on the Vols to cover the first half....

This is one of those games that you challenge the O-line and elect to receive the opening kick off...

This year's Oregon lines on both sides of the ball will be considerably more talented than the ones you last saw. Oregon has responded to BCS adversity by continuing to upgrade the caliber of athlete that is playing up front. It's the mismatch up front that has been the culprit in Oregon's big-game SEC/BCS losses. We didn't have the horses for LSU, and Auburn had a difference maker in Fairley. We match up much better in 2013 on the lines.

I believe we have a solid shot at beating the Duckies if the officiating crew comes out early and penalizes Oregon 21 points for having the ugliest damned unies in the history of sports. It's a frikkin shame they let Phil Knight turn their team into a walking advertisement for Nike.

I'm not predicting a victory, but I think we run the ball well enough to keep it close.

I believe we have a solid shot at beating the Duckies if the officiating crew comes out early and penalizes Oregon 21 points for having the ugliest damned unies in the history of sports. It's a frikkin shame they let Phil Knight turn their team into a walking advertisement for Nike.

I'm not predicting a victory, but I think we run the ball well enough to keep it close.

The kids sure seem to like 'em.

Tenn has dome great talent. Play good defense and run the ball down there throats with short passes such as screens and they will beat their ass. Mark it down.. Tenn plays stupid on offense they will get their asses handed to them. Comes down to coaching and a good game plan with Tenn talent base.. go vols..

The kids sure seem to like 'em.

That's the point. When Nike teamed with the Warsaw School at the University of Oregon, the goal was to put the Ducks in uniforms that would help the program and recruiting. It's been successful. And quite frankly the old "traditional Green Bay" look was really pathetic looking.

It's changed sports marketing in many ways. It's created a "be stuck in the past or do the American thing, be aggressive, make changes, create something new."

Granted many people still don't like it and that's their right, that's the an American right to have an independent opinion.

Tenn has dome great talent. Play good defense and run the ball down there throats with short passes such as screens and they will beat their ass. Mark it down.. Tenn plays stupid on offense they will get their asses handed to them. Comes down to coaching and a good game plan with Tenn talent base.. go vols..

I agree that if you beat Oregon's ass, you will have beaten their ass. :thumbsup:

Aliotti is fixin' to stack the box. We'll see if some good D, runnin' the ball and throwin' some screens gets'er done.

I agree that if you beat Oregon's ass, you will have beaten their ass. :thumbsup:

Aliotti is fixin' to stack the box. We'll see if some good D, runnin' the ball and throwin' some screens gets'er done.

It's definitely going to be a chess match between Tenn offense and Oregon's defense. And yea, I can't remember the last time Aliotti DIDN'T stack the box to stop the run and he's been at Oregon most of the last 20 years.

Some how I don't expect him to change this year.

This year's Oregon lines on both sides of the ball will be considerably more talented than the ones you last saw.

Sorry not that close- O may have more quality depth on the lines, but talent is not close to Tenn's front 7 and starting O line. IF we can control the ball we have a good shot. Not taking anything away from O they have been a great team that operates in a great scheme. Just sayin that against big physical lines they have been beat..,DO not have the time to go through the recruiting stats. Plus we had the WORST COACHES in the History of our School last time... There will be a lot of blood spilled in this game..

I have to think that, given this game is in Oregon and the week before a huge SEC Rivalry match-up against Florida... the coaches are putting more gameplanning time around Florida.

I think everyone likes to idealistically think that a college team should compete to win every game. I think we can all agree that it's well outside of the realm of possibility to hope to win every game. The 2 least winnable games this year are likely Oregon and Bama. Though I'm not a coach, I'd put my resources where they'll make a difference.

Better to have a big SEC win against an in-Division rival and recruiting foe instead of a win against a home-away opponent almost the entire way across the country that we'll likely never play in a ballgame and don't recruit against.

I'd rather take our loss to Oregon but get out w/o injuries and be well prepared for Florida and also get through Oregon without really pulling out any secret plays. Florida should, this year, get everything our coaches and team can give anyone. Florida is, this year, what Tennessee was in Saban's first year.

Just my take, looking forward to watching the game but I'm honestly not expecting much. No exotic looks on Offense or Defense and playing safe to avoid injuries. We need Florida, we don't need Oregon.

Looking at the two rosters just from the perspective of talent, we are really not so outmanned by Oregon overall. They do have a handful of blue chip players who win a lot of games for them.

What I see here are two teams with comparable rosters overall, but Oregon's as a group has overachieved, while ours has underachieved (due to poor coaching rather than the talent level).

I think this game is our best shot at a major (i.e. AL, FL, OR, maybe GA) upset.

That's the point. When Nike teamed with the Warsaw School at the University of Oregon, the goal was to put the Ducks in uniforms that would help the program and recruiting. It's been successful. And quite frankly the old "traditional Green Bay" look was really pathetic looking.

It's changed sports marketing in many ways. It's created a "be stuck in the past or do the American thing, be aggressive, make changes, create something new."

Granted many people still don't like it and that's their right, that's the an American right to have an independent opinion.

I have loved the changes you guys have made with the uniforms. I think they are sharp and I wish more schools would follow suit. Traditions aren't bad but you can't be stuck in the past forever. I look forward to the game as well. I think it's going to be a great one to watch and will hopefully keep both sides on their toes. With that being said, Go Vols!!!

I have to think that, given this game is in Oregon and the week before a huge SEC Rivalry match-up against Florida... the coaches are putting more gameplanning time around Florida.

I think everyone likes to idealistically think that a college team should compete to win every game. I think we can all agree that it's well outside of the realm of possibility to hope to win every game. The 2 least winnable games this year are likely Oregon and Bama. Though I'm not a coach, I'd put my resources where they'll make a difference.

Better to have a big SEC win against an in-Division rival and recruiting foe instead of a win against a home-away opponent almost the entire way across the country that we'll likely never play in a ballgame and don't recruit against.

I'd rather take our loss to Oregon but get out w/o injuries and be well prepared for Florida and also get through Oregon without really pulling out any secret plays. Florida should, this year, get everything our coaches and team can give anyone. Florida is, this year, what Tennessee was in Saban's first year.

Just my take, looking forward to watching the game but I'm honestly not expecting much. No exotic looks on Offense or Defense and playing safe to avoid injuries. We need Florida, we don't need Oregon.

So according to your analysis we should play punk football? In my 40 plus years of being a fan I can safely say that ain't Tennessee football. We don't play safe and we don't play to avoid an injury. Butch Jones doesn't coach that way. We're not going to Oregon to bend over for anybody. Now you MAY bend over when adversity hits but Butch Jones don't bend over my homey. We don't go that way. This game will be played in the trenches. This team will see why they ran 50 plus 110's. To even suggest we mail this in makes me want to revoke your Vol card. Give it here!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back