Oregon vs. Tenn

Bunch damn nega-vols in here. I never ever go in to a game EXPECTING to lose.

I understand being realistic. But hey, that's why we play the game

Go Vols!

Reactions: 15 people
Oregon has always been a track team with all their speed. You disrupt that with a big D-line guy or two, you can have a game. Auburn handled them rather well a few years back, mostly by disrupting their misdirection with Farley (i think was his name) camping out in their backfield. That being said, my daughter lived in Eugene, they think they will blow us out of the water with pure speed and finesse. And at some point someone IS going to hit someone, and we hit harder in the SEC.
:eek:k:

Reactions: 2 people
We're getting pummeled this game imo. Too early in the year with too many questions at key positions for us, on the road, etc.. Probably something like a 38 - 20 score.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Wonder what our team thinks. :dunno:

What about just playing the damn game , it will turnout the way it turns out. The predictions of impending doom could be wrong. :yes: :whistling:

I think we'll hang with them for a half or so, just like last time, then the speed catches up to us.

Now, if we could somehow play them again in 3 years...

Oregon has always been a track team with all their speed. You disrupt that with a big D-line guy or two, you can have a game. Auburn handled them rather well a few years back, mostly by disrupting their misdirection with Farley (i think was his name) camping out in their backfield. That being said, my daughter lived in Eugene, they think they will blow us out of the water with pure speed and finesse. And at some point someone IS going to hit someone, and we hit harder in the SEC.
:eek:k:

Fairley, nick....just so you know!

everyone mentions speed about oregon hahaha...if they're so fast how does stanford hang with them every year?? Oh yeah they're a physical football team which is what butch jones wants fast and physical

Reactions: 3 people
i will take those 18 points for $50! Hard to believe Tennessee has fallen so Far that most have no faith we can keep it a game!

After witnessing Dooley for a few years, it's really not that hard at all. Butch has a lot of work in front of him. Will take more than one off season. We're installing a brand new offense. That will come with growing pains.

I wish we could play the game later in the season when we've had some time to work the kinks out.

I am wondering why everyone is so willing to sell out on our Vols. You say we don't have the depth or talent, but as far as recruiting rankings go ours practically mirrors Oregons. They have a new coach as well. The only thing I see is they have home field. Now I know its not that simple , but we have a lot more depth than two years ago. We are in the SEC, not the pac whatever ,we are stronger than Oregon, bigger than Oregon and I believe we will be more disciplined than Oregon and until the whistle blows at the end of the game I will be behind the right team 100%... GO VOLS.

We're getting pummeled this game imo. Too early in the year with too many questions at key positions for us, on the road, etc.. Probably something like a 38 - 20 score.
I agree with you 100%.. I hope we are wrong but think its close till the 4th and then our inexperience shows from the offense.

Reactions: 1 person
everyone mentions speed about oregon hahaha...if they're so fast how does stanford hang with them every year?? Oh yeah they're a physical football team which is what butch jones wants fast and physical

They don't hang with Oregon _every_ year. 53-30 and 52-31 Oregon in 2011 and 2010. They did win a OT nail biter last year, and chewed us up with Luck and Gerhart in 2009. When they've won of late, they've had a damn good football team.

I'm going to be a little surprised if UT much resembles those Stanford teams this year.

Fortunately Oregon is playing Tennessee, not an SEC all-star team -- so I don't think there's going to be much physicality differential (try telling Colt Lyerla he's not "physical"). Besides, it takes more than physicality to slow down Oregon -- it takes discipline and smarts.

i say we can beat the ducks if mccullers can get ahold of their qb and rb it will have their offensive line side stepping big dan. big dan and the defensive line is the key this game. if we get pressure early and often we will have a chance. a sack or 2 will kill the ducks fast tempo offense rhythm.

Thanks GoDucks! Do you mind if we send this to DBJ and the coaching staff?

On a more serious note, I was surprised to see Lyerla at TE. I remember when he was being recruited that they thought he'd be the next Uhrlacher...

If DBJ hasn't had this list for a couple months, you guys should fire him NOW. :)

As for Lyerla as a LB, he'd be a very good one. I sort of like when Oregon drops him in as RB. The guy is just a great athlete. Perhaps the best on the current Ducks squad......... And MY favorite.

i say we can beat the ducks if mccullers can get ahold of their qb and rb it will have their offensive line side stepping big dan. big dan and the defensive line is the key this game. if we get pressure early and often we will have a chance. a sack or 2 will kill the ducks fast tempo offense rhythm.[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree with this...... If it's fourth and 7 at the 50 don't be surprised if the Ducks go for it.

I know ill get flamed for this but I don't care...Oregon will NOT blow us out....the Vols are fired up for this game and we have some kids comin in with some speed to help with depth. don't get me wrong..ducks may still win but score will be closer than yall think I believe...I think mainly because Butch knows how to play teams with running qbs much beter than dooley did...look how bearcats beatdown candy last year...candy is much better team than we give them credit for...I know I am a homer but score will be close...

Ducks: 20
Vols: 23

GBO

They can be fired up as much as they want but blazing speed vs no speed equals a long day for our boys in orange. That's not pessimistic, that's realistic.

Say what you want but "on any given Saturday"... With this teams attitude and a good coaching staff anything could happen which includes a Vol upset. They have a new head coach and may not take us seriously. If so, big mistake! GO VOLS!!!!

I know ill get flamed for this but I don't care...Oregon will NOT blow us out....the Vols are fired up for this game and we have some kids comin in with some speed to help with depth. don't get me wrong..ducks may still win but score will be closer than yall think I believe...I think mainly because Butch knows how to play teams with running qbs much beter than dooley did...look how bearcats beatdown candy last year...candy is much better team than we give them credit for...I know I am a homer but score will be close...

Ducks: 20
Vols: 23

GBO

Mariota only ran 106 times last year for 752 yards, while he threw 336 times (266 completions, 163.2 rating) for 2677 yards. Not sure I'd call Mariota a "running QB". Plus rumor is the Duck will be putting the ball in the air more this year.

Defensive line – Perhaps the deepest position on the Oregon roster. The Ducks will rely on seniors Hart, Keliikipi, and Havili-Heimuli and rotate liberally with talented underclassmen like Buckner, Armstead, and Balducci providing most of the reserve reps.

UT's offensive line versus Oregon's defensive line will be a great battle to watch. UT has basically the same guys in the O line that played last time, just much more experienced now. I remember them taking it to Oregon the first 20 minutes back then as mostly freshman, hopefully they come out and do even better this time.

Wish I could go!!!! If this game was scheduled in 2 years we are having a totally different convo. With our inexperience at QB and their experience and VERY great secondary best in PAC12 IMO. I would give us the nod but NO game is easy in the ZOO.

I just wish Duck fans can hear Neyland when we our back battling on top and nobody can say that we aren't look at this class we have momentum that game when Oregon was their was loud but not near close where it gets really rocking.

UT's offensive line versus Oregon's defensive line will be a great battle to watch. UT has basically the same guys in the O line that played last time, just much more experienced now. I remember them taking it to Oregon the first 20 minutes back then as mostly freshman, hopefully they come out and do even better this time.

I agree this will be perhaps the most interesting battle of this game. You are right, Tenn oline did give Oregon more than it could handle for the first half of the game. I felt once you guys got behind you got away from a very good running game. Could have been much closer if your defense hadn't gotten worn down.

VN Store

Back