Optometrist Dentists Vets or Chiropractors who's worst at gouging

By years ago you actually mean 20+ since the ability to shop your prescription had been around close to that long. The ability to switch providers if you feel they're being unfair has always existed

No. I think I was clear. I've been wearing contacts for almost 30 years.

Switching providers isn't that easy. To do so, I'm required to get a new examine. My insurance pays for one per year.

True market options have not been available for 20+ years.

Reactions: 1 person
I submit a copy online and they verify. Has never been an issue and it sounds like something is missing in your communication

This has nothing to do with politicians unless you think you can properly fit your own contacts

A law was passed awhile back forcing the prescription - before that all I needed was the numbers off the box - I also made the mistake of going to a 'chain' with an 'independent' Optometrist - instead of a private practice -- dont do that anymore.

Real estate agents are the most unprofessional profession. Followed by corporate recruiters/HR.

Real Estate agents are for people who don't have time to sell their own house or show it for that matter. I have owned 4-5 homes in my life and used a REA 3 times but only because I was unfamiliar with the area. I've sold all my homes by myself, it was really easy and I got the forms online.

Switching providers isn't that easy. To do so, I'm required to get a new examine. My insurance pays for one per year.

How is it not easy?? You have to get a new exam every year anyway.....and they are about 90 bucks at most places without insurance. I have used about 6 different providers in the last 10 years. Just dont understand what makes it not easy.

How is it not easy?? You have to get a new exam every year anyway.....and they are about 90 bucks at most places without insurance. I have used about 6 different providers in the last 10 years. Just dont understand what makes it not easy.

Going to more than one in a year, trying to stay in network, etc.

My last one screwed me out of 200 bucks. It won't happen again.

I've been wearing them for about 25 and paying for my own for at least 20. I actually just got an exam last week and 1yr worth of contacts for about $250. In 9-10mos I'll order another 4 boxes online and be good for another year. Simple and easy and I carry no vision insurance because it's not worth it imo.

FYI - 1800contacts was started in 95. Price shopping has always been an option

A law was passed awhile back forcing the prescription - before that all I needed was the numbers off the box - I also made the mistake of going to a 'chain' with an 'independent' Optometrist - instead of a private practice -- dont do that anymore.

See the links. It's been law for 12 years that they must both provide the prescription and verify if requested. Are you talking about something that happened before that?

Real Estate agents are for people who don't have time to sell their own house or show it for that matter. I have owned 4-5 homes in my life and used a REA 3 times but only because I was unfamiliar with the area. I've sold all my homes by myself, it was really easy and I got the forms online.

It depends on where you live. If I tried to sell on my own, RE agents wouldn't want to bring their clients by and would act like there is something wrong with my house. They are very "cliquey"

I've been wearing them for about 25 and paying for my own for at least 20. I actually just got an exam last week and 1yr worth of contacts for about $250. In 9-10mos I'll order another 4 boxes online and be good for another year. Simple and easy and I carry no vision insurance because it's not worth it imo.

FYI - 1800contacts was started in 95. Price shipping has always been an option

That's great PJ. But if the dr won't give you the prescription it's a moot point.

That's great PJ. But if the dr won't give you the prescription it's a moot point.

they are required by law to do so now. If I had been worried about it before the law was passed I would have asked before going. Only go to ones who say yes and the problem is solved

I tried ordering them online and (thanks to politicans) the prescription must be verified and they always declined to give it to them.

Read a little further and found this

If your eye doctor does not respond to our request for verification within eight business hours, the prescription is considered verified, and you will receive your lenses.

That may be the case in some instances, but on the whole I can't agree. Insurance companies are the reason cost is so high. It's a principle of economics: concentrated benefits and diffused costs. If I don't pay 100% of my HC expenses, I have less incentive to look for the best deal.

I had the same surgery twice this year. Once involving the insurance company ($3k) and the second time without. It was free because my doctor felt bad the first time didn't work, but we didn't involve insurance and hospital to keep it free. It would have been $1k if she charged me.

sounds like you don't have a good lawyer lol

Real estate agents are the most unprofessional profession. Followed by corporate recruiters/HR.

I could not disagree with the real estate bimbos bimbetts

Or the other...what is even the ethic statement of the HR people...I sure would like to read theirs

Did you tell them up front what you needed? I've never had an issue with getting an exam done and them handing over my contact and glasses prescription. Sure they offer to order boxes for me but I politely decline
What about it? People trying to get add on sales related to their business are not crooks or always gouging. I've had at least one eye place offer to price match and my vet does on all meds.

Maybe some people are just terrible shoppers

I'm a great shopper. Some people...good people...trust these "professionals". Are they true well paid professionals or greedy business people taking advantage of people's health problems?

I'm a great shopper. Some people...good people...trust these "professionals". Are they true well paid professionals or greedy business people taking advantage of people's health problems?

It's not greedy to offer the eye exam and then the items needed to correct vision. The suggest that they should be limited in some way is ludicrous

Should car dealerships not be allowed to offer service either? Can the hvac guy replacing your unit not also offer his services to repair it? Quit complaining about people entering a market

It's not greedy to offer the eye exam and then the items needed to correct vision. The suggest that they should be limited in some way is ludicrous

Should car dealerships not be allowed to offer service either? Can the hvac guy replacing your unit not also offer his services to repair it? Quit complaining about people entering a market

That's your opinion. I guess they don't take any kind of oath.

That's your opinion. I guess they don't take any kind of oath.

Who takes an oath to not sell certain products or only make a Keith-approved amount of money?

Are you saying they should be barred from entering the marketplace?

I've been debating getting the surgery. May have to just do it and be done with it.

I did read of a new surgery that will give you super human vision. Takes about 8 minutes per eye.

Unfortunately it's not in the states yet, but looks to be here next year I believe.

VN Store

Back