Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy interviewed by Currie

I think Currie is getting Hyams to leak info like this to calm the fanbase... No way Gundy takes this job right now. If he does I would be super on board with this. He has #2 offense in the country right now.

Gundy won't do it - prob just currie making it look like he's going after bigger names now

I would go after Peterson hard first
then it would be a toss up between Tee and Kiffin... maybe even leaning towards Tee with GOOD staff behind him and being mentored by Fulmer in the HC role

Are people seriously poo pooing Gundy? Are you friggin serious? 113-53 career record at a top school in a tough conference. Been to a BCS bowl twice in the last 6 years and consistently has OSU ranked in the top 25.

Would be damn lucky if he took us up on the offer.

Nobody “poo-pooing” Gundy as a coach. We’re “poo-pooing” (whatever the hell that is) Currie wasting his stupid time on a top level coach who’s NEVER EVER even gonna consider coming to coach Tennessee. Jeez, get your stupid Establishment head out of your arse Currie. Jesus Christ, he ain’t even gonna consider coming here, EVER!!

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody “poo-pooing” Gundy as a coach. We’re “poo-pooing” (whatever the hell that is) Currie wasting his stupid time on a top level coach who’s NEVER EVER even gonna consider coming to coach Tennessee. Jeez, get your stupid Establishment head out of your arse Currie. Jesus Christ, he ain’t even gonna consider coming here, EVER!!

Thank you.

He wouldn't have legitimately considered us before Sunday. He sure as hell isn't now.

I'm not even sure I believe the report that he took an interview.

Kiffin is unquestionably a better hire.

Dude has been at OK St forever, and has never done anything spectacular.

If he tries to run things the same way here as OK St, he will fail miserably. Fielding an 11 player defense isn't optional in the SEC.

If he takes defense seriously, I wouldn't hate the hire.

Not a hire I would turn my fan card in over, at least.

Oddly enough, I think Mullen is a way better fit here, and I think Gundy is a way better fit at Florida.

Mike Gundy is hands down a superior coach to Kiffin. Okie state job before Gundy was at best on par with ole miss or arky...at best. Outside the 4 years he was quarterback, Okie state was a crap program. What he has done is spectacular.

That being said, he grew up a cowboy fan and is by far the most successful coach in the schools history. Stealing Gundy would be akin to Purdue stealing Fulmer during the 90s. Never gonna happen.

On another note.. Do you really need to interview Gundy? Does his record not speak for itself? If anything, he should be doing the interviewing.

Reactions: 2 people
Brian Kelly please...

In reality though as a Tennessee resident I want a good hire. Gundy would not be a horrible hire and be a big upgrade from Schiano. As long as he gets a really good defensive coordinator.

TN coaches are out on the road recruiting now. What are they telling them? My money is on Hoke being named permanent coach soon. They will use "saving the class" and no one wants to come after this past weekend as excuses.

We are being played, again. Gundy is not coming. They know that, Gundy knows that. They probably just had a cup of coffee with him.

At this point, trying to leverage interest from UT probably results in a salary decrease from the current school....

Nobody is poopooing Gundy. We are poopooing our AD for offering Schiano before Gundy.

This

If Gundy was truly interested beforehand, why wouldn't you go after him before you offered Schiano?

This all could be a smokescreen while Currie is working on someone else.

edit: is this plane still relevant? If so, flew to Georgia and North Carolina yesterday and today:

N903GW ✈ FlightAware

couldnt find the thread, so does anyone have the UT AD plane tracker?

Last edited:
I'd be perfectly fine with Gundy. However, this smells of 2012 all over again. If this results in anything other than him getting a raise at OK State I'll be shocked

I'd take it in a heart beat...but I don't see it happening. It would have to to be one hell of an offer to pull it off.

VN Store

Back