Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy interviewed by Currie

Would be a great hire. Not sure why so many on the board are going Gaga for Kiffin after he left us high and dry. I'm sure he's better than some other names out there but we should absolutely go after Gundy if he's seriously interested.

I feel like having a guy with a mullet coaching at UT is plenty of fodder for opposing fanbases. Now if he wears a coonskin hat, I'm ok with it.

Reactions: 4 people
I'd be perfectly fine with Gundy. However, this smells of 2012 all over again. If this results in anything other than him getting a raise at OK State I'll be shocked

didnt he just get a new contract 5 months ago? doubt its to get another raise...

Anyone still hoping for a big name hire is nuts. We could offer Frost 6 mil per and I doubt he'd take it. Right now I'm trying to think of someone who absolutely would take this job. Kiffin may be the only one. Can't say I'd be unhappy about that either. Still, fans need to alter their expectations. UT is one very damaged brand right now....especially with Currie sitting in the AD chair.

Nobody “poo-pooing” Gundy as a coach. We’re “poo-pooing” (whatever the hell that is) Currie wasting his stupid time on a top level coach who’s NEVER EVER even gonna consider coming to coach Tennessee. Jeez, get your stupid Establishment head out of your arse Currie. Jesus Christ, he ain’t even gonna consider coming here, EVER!!

Several people in this thread have mentioned they don't want Gundy or that Kiffin is a better coach. Seems like poo pooing to me.

If Gundy were legitimately considering this job, it'd be one thing. He's used us for a raise in the past, and I'm betting he's doing it again.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone still hoping for a big name hire is nuts. We could offer Frost 6 mil per and I doubt he'd take it. Right now I'm trying to think of someone who absolutely would take this job. Kiffin may be the only one. Can't say I'd be unhappy about that either. Still, fans need to alter their expectations. UT is one very damaged brand right now....especially with Currie sitting in the AD chair.

I'm not saying I think Gundy will come. I'm saying anyone who has a choice between Gundy and Kiffin and actually picks Kiffin is nuts...for a multitude of reasons.

I'd be perfectly fine with Gundy. However, this smells of 2012 all over again. If this results in anything other than him getting a raise at OK State I'll be shocked

He just got a raise this past summer, and in that contract he gets a $125,000 raise every year. As well as the 5 year term annually renews.

If we hire Gundy I'll actually despise Currie more knowing that he should've just went for him to begin with. I simply can't wrap my head around someone being so inept.

Reactions: 3 people
Gundy will listen. He just got a raise not too long ago and I can assure you there is tension between him and t Boone. Even though it's his alma mater, he's been paid dog sh!t by t Boone for quite a bit of success.

I doubt Kiffin would take it. But that being said, it's going to take a coach with a I don't give a crap attitude, that will say to everyone I'm going to put this dumpster fire out, turn this m'fer around and get Tennessee to the Top again, no matter how Rocky it is on the way.

So there's a chance he would. Lol

I doubt Kiffin would take it. But that being said, it's going to take a coach with a I don't give a crap attitude, that will say to everyone I'm going to put this dumpster fire out, turn this m'fer around and get Tennessee to the Top again, no matter how Rocky it is on the way.

So there's a chance he would. Lol

...enter mike leach...

He is a very good coach you guys can't be pleased good lord ....you don't turn him away. Get right defensive coordinator and he would be tough to beat.he or mike leach are my choices if we are going offense. Heard Pruitt pretty much done deal at miss. St

Reactions: 3 people
This is what shoulda happened with Greg Schiano... Let people know that the interview was going on... Dumpster fire woulda never happened.

After this weekends debacle there's no way their talking to Gundy and no way Gundy would touch this job or anybody else within Gundy's caliber.

Get for real and get Tee back home!!!

VN Store

Back