Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to join the SEC (allegedly)

Just make the SEC the new NCAA and be done with it

That is exactly what is happening, and the SEC is embracing its role. The Supreme Court NIL ruling decapitated the NCAA by defanging it. Someone's going to fill that void of leadership in college football -- and the SEC is the strongest conference. Forget conferences. The SEC will be college football -- for as long as it lasts before the money ruins it.

It would be funny as hell if all the other conferences and independents just said they won’t play SEC teams any more, regular season or post season. That is really the biggest leverage they have, assuming they use it.
I was lurking over on the CFB subreddit earlier and this exact sentiment was being discussed by many. The B1G and Pac12 fans over there are really pissed about this. Lots of fan ideas being thrown around about a B1G/PAC12 alliance with the Rose Bowl as their national championship.

I was lurking over on the CFB subreddit earlier and this exact sentiment was being discussed by many. The B1G and Pac12 fans over there are really pissed about this. Lots of fan ideas being thrown around about a B1G/PAC12 alliance with the Rose Bowl as their national championship.
It would last as long as that player alliance thing that fizzled last year…or their bowing out of the 21 season. USC and Oregon would be fine until the 3rd week, then when no one is giving a crap about their crappy level of football, the ranks and the breaking. 😏

It would last as long as that player alliance thing that fizzled last year…or their bowing out of the 21 season. USC and Oregon would be fine until the 3rd week, then when no one is giving a crap about their crappy level of football, the ranks and the breaking. 😏
I'm just enjoying how they are so mad that they want to take their ball and go home. They'll have their own NC! With blackjack! And hookers!

Reactions: butchna and VolnJC
Damn, that would be insane! That would basically force a 16 team playoff because too many teams from the SEC would be represented otherwise, which I'm sure is exactly what Sankey wants to happen.

At that point, the group of 5 conferences might as well split off and have their own separate championship because there's no way in hell any of them would ever sniff a playoff spot.
I don’t know if it’s true or if it’s complete BS, but if it is true, you can forget about the NCAA playoff because the SEC will have their own playoff and crown their own national champ.
GBO!!

I’m cool with this . Only thing they have to do is realign correctly.
Pod 1 Alabama,Auburn, ole miss , Mississippi St
Pod2
Texas a&m, Texas , LSU , missouri
Pod 3
Florida , Ga, SC , Kentucky
Pod 4
Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Vandy

That’s my warped pod scenario.
Oklahoma will do well in this conference. Texas will be just like Texas a&m.

I don’t know why they are worried, they actually have Texas on even playing field now. So go beat there arsss. Quit crying like a baby and cash your new 70-80 million dollar check
Yep would they rather be in the SEC or on the HMS BIG12 with 2 big torpedo hits?

If you concentrate the best football into less than 50 schools, does that leave any incentive for other schools to continue to field teams without significant guaranteed conference revenue?

Wasn’t that already under fire and in question?

Could this eventually spell doom for the golden goose?

If you concentrate the best football into less than 50 schools, does that leave any incentive for other schools to continue to field teams without significant guaranteed conference revenue?

Wasn’t that already under fire and in question?

Could this eventually spell doom for the golden goose?
Not only that but the non-competitive schools in the conference will lose their luster and fans find better things to do. Why bother following the lower tier teams? This is not a level playing field and unless you are one of a few your investment is futile. Championship trophies will only exist in the trophy cases of schools with the richest boosters. Competitive college football is dead.

If group of five was smart after all this alignment shift settles they would be better off starting their own playoff at the end of their season. Then they could run both playoffs and have a cool championship weekend.
By them getting a team into the power5 playoff is just stupid they will never ever not in a billion years win it.

Not only that but the non-competitive schools in the conference will lose their luster and fans find better things to do. Why bother following the lower tier teams? This is not a level playing field and unless you are one of a few your investment is futile. Championship trophies will only exist in the trophy cases of schools with the richest boosters. Competitive college football is dead.

So as smaller schools have their programs move from an income stream to a cost center, perhaps we’re seeing the beginning of the end for football programs at:

Hawaii
Georgia Southern
Tulane
Memphis
Rice
SMU
Tulsa
San Diego State
Morehouse
Grambling (& every other HBCU)
Wyoming
Coastal Carolina
Liberty
Etc. etc.

who knows, right? All the sands seem to shift now.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This is what needs to happen:
Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma state, and West Virginia join the sec.
Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma state to the west and west Virginia to the east.
Missouri moves from east to west.
Alabama and auburn move from west to east.
Sec west becomes the following:
LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, Texas A@M, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma state, Arkansas.

Sec east becomes Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, West Virginia.

This is what needs to happen.

VN Store

Back