Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to join the SEC (allegedly)

Schedules could be redone this year. Covid proved that last year.

Traditional thoughts about making the playoffs will change. You will no longer need to be perfect or 1 loss. Maybe 2 or 3 losses get you into the playoffs. Don't apply yesterdays rules to tomorrows landscape.

This is way beyond W and Ls. This is tens of millions of dollars, and guaranteed slots in the upcoming expanded playoffs.

Heard rumor today it would be worth 70-75 million per school every year in the SEC.. its why Texas and Oklahoma would have no problem offering 73 million to Big 12 to exit after 2021 season.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I wonder what kind of domino effect this will have on the other conferences as the Big 12 scrambles to fill Texas and Oklahoma's spots. I'm guessing Cincinnati would jump at the chance to get into the Big 12. Probably Houston as well. If I were Nebraska I would be begging to get back into the Big 12 as they've lost their identity ever sense they went to the Big 10.

I wonder what kind of domino effect this will have on the other conferences as the Big 12 scrambles to fill Texas and Oklahoma's spots. I'm guessing Cincinnati would jump at the chance to get into the Big 12. Probably Houston as well. If I were Nebraska I would be begging to get back into the Big 12 as they've lost their identity ever sense they went to the Big 10.
Well, I just saw a tweet from some supposed college football “insider” that FSU, Clemson and 2 more teams are being thrown around because the SEC wants to become the first 20 team super conference. Anyone else seeing anything about this?
I call BS on it but I kinda doubted the Texas and Oklahoma thing too...
GBO!!

Well, I just saw a tweet from some supposed college football “insider” that FSU, Clemson and 2 more teams are being thrown around because the SEC wants to become the first 20 team super conference. Anyone else seeing anything about this?
GBO!!
If its on Twitter it is TRUE

One thing people are forgetting that are saying we will never be relevant again is this playoff is about to be 12 heck maybe 16 teams now. We can finish 5th in the conference at 9-3 and make the playoff. You don’t have to go 12-0 or 11-1 anymore to compete for a national championship and I’m here for it. Like the NFL. 8-9 wins and you’re relevant.

GBO!!

Damn, that would be insane! That would basically force a 16 team playoff because too many teams from the SEC would be represented otherwise, which I'm sure is exactly what Sankey wants to happen.

At that point, the group of 5 conferences might as well split off and have their own separate championship because there's no way in hell any of them would ever sniff a playoff spot.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

the Big 12 will be no more. The 8 remaining schools will find new homes.. The other P5 conferences that don't jump to expand and match the SEC, will likely fall apart or be less relevant. The SEC is molding the future of college football.

GBO!!

there is rumor of Clemson, FSU, Ohio St and Michigan being courted by the SEC. RUMOR...

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
It would be funny as hell if all the other conferences and independents just said they won’t play SEC teams any more, regular season or post season. That is really the biggest leverage they have, assuming they use it.

Reactions: onevol74
Heard rumor today it would be worth 70-75 million per school every year in the SEC.. its why Texas and Oklahoma would have no problem offering 73 million to Big 12 to exit after 2021 season.
The SEC office is probably working on schedule changes now for this to happen in 2022

One thing people are forgetting that are saying we will never be relevant again is this playoff is about to be 12 heck maybe 16 teams now. We can finish 5th in the conference at 9-3 and make the playoff. You don’t have to go 12-0 or 11-1 anymore to compete for a national championship and I’m here for it. Like the NFL. 8-9 wins and you’re relevant.

At 9-3 your still not relevant whether you make the playoffs or not.

Could the SEC be looking to get to twenty teams and giving the finger to the NCAA?

At 9-3 your still not relevant whether you make the playoffs or not.
In todays college football landscape you’re right, but that will not be the case soon. This is going to more of an NFL model. Competition every single week and a bigger playoff that allows teams another shot to avenge regular season losses.

Reactions: spyfish007
Yep. Now it’s just a question of when it happens. Some people have suggested that it could happen as early as next year, but apparently the B12 requires at least 18 months notice, which would mean the 2023 season is most likely.
Honestly my attention is now where do all these big 12 team go.. pac and big 10. Can’t see the acc

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back