Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to join the SEC (allegedly)

Lol thinking Texas and OU moving to the SEC has anything to do with Tennessee *****ing on itself for the better part of two decades now. Tennessee was a noon game before this expansion.
Yeah I don’t really understand why people are saying this is gonna screw us over. We’ve been screwing ourselves over the past decade and a half. Eventually we’ll get a guy who knows how to coach (hoping that’s heupel) and we’ll be okay.

ACC, B10, PAC12, BIG 12 -

American, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain, Sunbelt - who survives?

SEC - Thriving

Reactions: solivols
I can't believe I am going to say this but I wouldn't mind seeing TN in another conference like the ACC. Our program has been in the toilet for 15 years and bringing TX and OK is going to make it that much harder to climb back out of the hole we've been in. We hired Pruitt when the NCAA moved signing day up to December, which was a set back, and now the NIL deal is only going to make the better teams much better.

Hell, why stop at the ACC? Why not drop down to the Sunbelt?

Reactions: vol66
I don't know why everybody seems petrified about Texas. In my lifetime (born 1944), I think Texas has won three national championships (63, 69, and 05 as I recall). That's one more than the Vols over that same time period.

Yeah I don’t really understand why people are saying this is gonna screw us over. We’ve been screwing ourselves over the past decade and a half. Eventually we’ll get a guy who knows how to coach (hoping that’s heupel) and we’ll be okay.
dont forget we need big money boosters to buy 5 star recruits now - its not just about the coach anymore

Reactions: onevol74
The Aggies are an odd bunch. Their go-to insult for horns is to call them 'sips,' short for tea sippers. Apparently, back in the day, Aggies couldn't handle that Texas had a tea house on campus, hence what they must consider to be a clever insult. Not sure that drinking tea is the most embarassing thing one could do, but the Aggie perspective is always confounding.

I live in Texas and married an Aggie. Their insults directed at "TU" are generally good natured, and it is not at all unusual to have "mixed" Aggie and UT families. The A&M preoccupation with Texas is pretty comical. A&M's fight song (War Hymn) is really all about the Univ. of Texas and how lame it is. It was written during WWI by an Aggie Grad who was a solider in Europe. I guess you had to be there....

ACC, B10, PAC12, BIG 12 -

American, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain, Sunbelt - who survives?

SEC - Thriving

Big 12 is done.

I don't like the haphazard way it is happening but like the direction. The other "good" programs in the Big 12 will find homes hopefully in the PAC-12, Big 10, and ACC. That's one step closer to having 4 super conferences who produce champions who then play in a four team playoff that does not rely on journalist's polls.

I live in Texas and married an Aggie. Their insults directed at "TU" are generally good natured, and it is not at all unusual to have "mixed" Aggie and UT families. The A&M preoccupation with Texas is pretty comical. A&M's fight song (War Hymn) is really all about the Univ. of Texas and how lame it is. It was written during WWI by an Aggie Grad who was a solider in Europe. I guess you had to be there....

That pretty much says it all. I went to grad school at Texas, but to be fair I didn’t meet too many aggies, so probably don’t have the full picture.

I can't believe I am going to say this but I wouldn't mind seeing TN in another conference like the ACC. Our program has been in the toilet for 15 years and bringing TX and OK is going to make it that much harder to climb back out of the hole we've been in. We hired Pruitt when the NCAA moved signing day up to December, which was a set back, and now the NIL deal is only going to make the better teams much better.
When it comes to recruits the deciding factor will be the willing financial input of the booster base. And in that area we are screwed. The bottom 8 teams in the conference need to sit down and determine if this is worth it anymore? Maybe it is time to give up some programs and let the haves have at it. That will decrease interest and bring some reasoning back into the process.

I have not watched the SEC or NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS in years due to participation by the cheating ness program in the country being involved. I definitely am not interested in watching two of them. I do understand that buying players will be legal now but money will determine the championships.

Reactions: 508mikey
Seems like he was dead on. UT and OU don’t make this announcement of leaving unless they have something in place with the SEC.
This may have been posted. Earlier I heard on the radio that Texas and OU have been in talks for several months regarding joining the SEC and may be announced soon. A&M leaked the info because of not wanting this to happen. What they said anyway.

kb.PNG

If TAMU thought they could get 3 other schools to veto this, they simply don't understand the power of the dollar.

I was on board anyway. If you have to duck opponents to win a championship you’re not really worthy. And don’t give me Clemson and tOSU. They don’t go through a murderer’s row but they’re not conference mates with Arkansas State either. But if this pod idea flies? It’s better than our current situation imo.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
The one thing I haven't heard is WHEN Texas and Oklahoma are likely to start in the SEC. Has anyone here heard anything about how soon this is expected to take place?

The one thing I haven't heard is WHEN Texas and Oklahoma are likely to start in the SEC. Has anyone here heard anything about how soon this is expected to take place?
enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

WEST
Arkansas
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Missouri
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M

EAST
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Eight team divisions seems too big unless they go to a 10 game conference schedule. We need more cross division games to eliminate the long gap between non-rival SEC matchups.

If they move Alabama and Auburn over to the East and Mizzou goes to the west, at least our other rivals will to have to finally play Alabama every year like we do. Plus I'd much rather play Auburn every year than Mizzou. The more I think about it, the more sense this makes. You'd have 7 East division games, 2 rotating West division games, and 3 OOC games. Regionally this would make the most sense for travel logistics and this way every player who stays all 4 years would get to play against all 8 western division opponents. All your in-state rivals are still aligned in the same divisions and all the natural rivals are aligned in the same divisions. Actually the more I think about this the more I like it.

Think about all the once great annual rivalry games this resurrects

Texas vs Texas A&M
Texas vs Arkansas
Oklahoma vs Missouri
Tennessee vs Auburn
Georgia vs Auburn

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfullVol
If they move Alabama and Auburn over to the East and Mizzou goes to the west, at least our other rivals will to have to finally play Alabama every year like we do. Plus I'd much rather play Auburn every year than Mizzou.
wonder how they will do basketball in the SEC ?

VN Store

Back