Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

They have struggled with moving screen all season. But this one is SO obvious it would hard not to call it. Her feet are wide apart and she's visably leaning into the knee she's driving into the defender. This one calls itself.
Just to back your position up.....

1712405070782.png
Above is a legally established screen at 6 seconds......

1712405277551.png

Half a second later look at the leg extended beyond the frame and left foot 3-4 feet toward the 3 pt line. NOT MOVING???????

1712405402342.png

Look at the raised arm to the throat area of the defender. Supposed to let that ride due to late game situation? RIGHT.

All of this in less than one second and it is not an illegal moving screen. Looking forward to rebutals using indisputable video evidence. Blow these up within this post if needed.....

I guess we'll just have to imagine it.
Full final four minutes of Iowa's final four win over Unconn YouTube video by march madness @creekdipper video if you want to
If you put that last illegal screen by Edwards on .25 speed it's clear Edwards elbow mad contact will Gabby Marshall upper body area..

Wasn't they Fans complaining Unconn was climbing all over USC players.

Ref had guts to call that one.
No one could argue women's basketball doesn't needs better refs

On the replay Lobo is saying Edwards is barely leaning than as they play it when Edwards makes contact with Marshall
lobo says
Then she said Unconn player was head Marshall didn't need the flare scene.
Contact shut up Lobo on complain over the call.

Last edited:
I'd hate to see that call against any team...except for UConn. FINALLY! The moving screen has caught up to them!

Entertaining game, though. Not the best quality IMO, but went wire to wire and was much more exciting than watching SC stomp all over NCST while the SC starters were taking selfies on the bench in their warmups while NCST was trying to make the score respectable.

On paper, SC should win handily tomorrow, but very possible the Caitlin Effect might come into play much like it did against LSU. I figure that a steady assortment of Johnson, Hall, Fulwiley and Tessa will all take turns guarding her to wear her down. I'll pick SC to win, but if they aren't consistently hitting open threes off kickouts from the post (presumably double teamed), I'll pick Iowa to win.

Just to back your position up.....

View attachment 632262
Above is a legally established screen at 6 seconds......

View attachment 632263

Half a second later look at the leg extended beyond the frame and left foot 3-4 feet toward the 3 pt line. NOT MOVING???????

View attachment 632264

Look at the raised arm to the throat area of the defender. Supposed to let that ride due to late game situation? RIGHT.

All of this in less than one second and it is not an illegal moving screen. Looking forward to rebutals using indisputable video evidence. Blow these up within this post if needed.....
It really doesn't matter. The call was made and the game was lost/won. I'm sure we could find clips throughout the game where calls or non-calls on both teams could be questioned. The takeaway is don't put yourself in a position where a last second call could decide the game.

It really doesn't matter. The call was made and the game was lost/won. I'm sure we could find clips throughout the game where calls or non-calls on both teams could be questioned. The takeaway is don't put yourself in a position where a last second call could decide the game.

Integrity of talking heads always matters..... SVP, Ms. Carter, and NOW NOW NOW both Marty and McGhee calling it a BAD call. NOPE.... BAD journalism to avoid ALL video evidence before making such statements. If anything it may have been an officiating tragedy to not have AT LEAST reviewed it for an F1. call...

1712407669385.png

This is the truth. Every losing team fanbase fixates on incorrect calls that went against their team, but conveniently ignores the ones that benefitted them. UConn was awfully handsy on Clark and in the paint, and probably could have had another 10 fouls called on them.

Integrity of talking heads always matters..... SVP, Ms. Carter, and NOW NOW NOW both Marty and McGhee calling it a BAD call. NOPE.... BAD journalism to avoid ALL video evidence before making such statements. If anything it may have been an officiating tragedy to not have AT LEAST reviewed it for an F1. call...

View attachment 632266

I thought Draya said it was a foul right away but that she didn’t like it called at that time? Am I crazy? Because that happened lol.

She thought Edwards stuck the elbow out, that was when ESPN would only show the one shot without Edwards’ feet in the frame though. With the better angels today it’s very, very clear it was a foul.

Really two of them, Edwards blind screened Marshall with a moving screen first, then turned to re-screen her with ANOTHER moving screen. Official gave her one and called the second. I thought it was very fair.

Last edited:
Paige gets a lot of respect from me. Much more than her Coach. Did the REFS lean for Iowa...........duh Probably.
But in Paiges post game interview she said you dont lose a game on ONE play. Class. She said we had opportunities and didnt make the play.....................It is too easy a lot of times to blame it of Refs

I thought Draya said it was a foul right away but that she didn’t like it called at that time? Am I crazy? Because that happened lol.

She thought Edwards stuck the elbow out, that was when ESPN would only show the one shot without Edwards’ feet in the frame though. With the better angels today it’s very, very clear it was a foul.

Really two of them, Edwards blind screened Marshall with a moving screen first, then turned to re-screen her with ANOTHER moving screen. Official gave her one and called the second. I thought it was very fair.
NOPE.... DRAYA said the call SUCKED..... Saddens me she has joined her Bristol buddies. Now a slightly marred LVFL.

This is the truth. Every losing team fanbase fixates on incorrect calls that went against their team, but conveniently ignores the ones that benefitted them. UConn was awfully handsy on Clark and in the paint, and probably could have had another 10 fouls called on them.
Unconn and the other top teams get away with
HanDsy as you say and more over the backs type plays
More than the rest Of the women's basketball teams..

Reactions: Deebowbear
For the record, I've always, for as long as I have watched sports, rejected the whole "you don't make that call at that point in the game" argument. It's total bull to give either team carte blanche to commit a potentially game-saving foul in the final seconds just because it's sad that it happens sometimes.

Sure, calling that moving screen hurt CT -- but she did it. She should have maintained her original legal position, but she CHOSE to become a football-style blocker on the play in an attempt to stop Marshall from getting past her so that Bueckers could get open.

Connecticut has run that play thousands of times. That's how they get a great deal of their open shots. Been doing this for decades.

But as we all well know, MANY times those aren't screens but are illegal blocks, and most times their illegal screens aren't whistled.

So if the official hadn't made the appropriate call last night it would that have been grossly unfair to Marshall and Iowa, who'd fought just as hard to win that game, to have lost it only because of WHEN it wasn't called.

I'm happy for Marshall that her good defense wasn't negated just because the other team wanted to win, too, and it was a shame they messed up their own chance by fouling there. Yeah, it's a shame. But it happened, it was appropriately called, and Iowa was appropriately rewarded with the ball.

Here's a tip for Edwards/CT going forward: If you think it'll make you super sad to get called for a foul in the final seconds of a game, then don't foul in the final seconds of a game.

Pretty simple.

I agree it was the right call .. After seeing the reaction of Geno and his coaching staff after that call , told me they knew that was a moving screen as well .. Yes , Geno got angry but nothing like he used to get after what he felt was a bad call .. not to much reaction if any from his assistants.. just my take .. thought it was a great game from both teams from start to finish ! 🏀

I agree it was the right call .. After seeing the reaction of Geno and his coaching staff after that call , told me they knew that was a moving screen as well .. Yes , Geno got angry but nothing like he used to get after what he felt was a bad call .. not to much reaction if any from his assistants.. just my take .. thought it was a great game from both teams from start to finish ! 🏀

I saw this recently and agreed with it:

"Nobody gets angrier than a narcissist being accused of something they definitely did."

Here's another one I just made up:

"Nobody deserves more to have their team's season end on an illegal play he's taught, and gotten away with for decades, than Geno Auriemma."

All I will say is that now I am going to have to root for South Carolina and Staley and didn't want to. But honestly I am tired of Clark, Clark, Clark, Clark and Clark. Yes she is good, but basketball is a team sport - will be glad when she is gone.

The refs aren’t supposed to throw out the rules just because fans want “players to decide the game”

The players did decide it. Edwards fouled and got caught.

Yup. Officiating is so bad nowadays that even when the refs get a call right...people still get pissed because they're not used to seeing stuff called correctly. Lmao.

For the record, I've always, for as long as I have watched sports, rejected the whole "you don't make that call at that point in the game" argument. It's total bull to give either team carte blanche to commit a potentially game-saving foul in the final seconds just because it's sad that it happens sometimes.

Sure, calling that moving screen hurt CT -- but she did it. She should have maintained her original legal position, but she CHOSE to become a football-style blocker on the play in an attempt to stop Marshall from getting past her so that Bueckers could get open.

Connecticut has run that play thousands of times. That's how they get a great deal of their open shots. Been doing this for decades.

But as we all well know, MANY times those aren't screens but are illegal blocks, and most times their illegal screens aren't whistled.

So if the official hadn't made the appropriate call last night it would that have been grossly unfair to Marshall and Iowa, who'd fought just as hard to win that game, to have lost it only because of WHEN it wasn't called.

I'm happy for Marshall that her good defense wasn't negated just because the other team wanted to win, too, and it was a shame they messed up their own chance by fouling there. Yeah, it's a shame. But it happened, it was appropriately called, and Iowa was appropriately rewarded with the ball.

Here's a tip for Edwards/CT going forward: If you think it'll make you super sad to get called for a foul in the final seconds of a game, then don't foul in the final seconds of a game.

Pretty simple.

Pretty simple.................................Conjecture ASIDE.............99.9% of the time............the MONEY, Networks GOT the FINAL they wanted.
PERIOD!!!! Its ALL about ratings and Jack!!

I don't understand what game some of you are watching...It was a clear blatant offensive foul...The foul broke every offensive rule (Feet wider than shoulder width, Moving on screen, extended elbows head high...)

GKdCQBlXAAEgKCL

You can let a blatant offensive foul like that go.

Smart post should post more

VN Store

Back