Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

I also would like Iowa to return to irrelevance. A perfect storm of whiny players and entitled fans, but I’m also petty!

I don’t particularly want SC to win, but I am very moved by the Raven Johnson revenge story.
Don't you love being freely able to admit that we can be so petty lol?

I'm fine with either team winning. I actually hope that Iowa builds on this and consistently fields competitive teams in the future because growth for the women's game is good. It would be a shame for them to slip back to obscurity.

Negative South Carolina will continue to be a mainstay. Iowa gives no appearance that will be regular top 5 after Clark's last college game. The women's game has sucked for so long in part because lack of parity. Todays news of Sara Strong committing to UCONN doesn't help as them and S. Carolina stockpile talent. So yes south carolina losing 5 starters sounds like a huge deal but when the next wave is full of top 10 players taking their place its just reloading.

I am definitely pulling for Iowa to pull the upset just for a break up in the powers of WCBB.
^This and SC looks like they are so locked & loaded lot of real good Freshmen it could go back where everybody is wondering who comes in after USCjr & UConn & then the also rans. I mean SC have basically undefeated for 2 straight years. They have the deepest program by a long shot and don't see it changing.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
Don't you love being freely able to admit that we can be so petty lol?

I'm fine with either team winning. I actually hope that Iowa builds on this and consistently fields competitive teams in the future because growth for the women's game is good. It would be a shame for them to slip back to obscurity.

Unfortunately, I would say Iowa's impact on the game seems entirely predicated on Clark. I don't think they're going to be competitive after this. They haven't managed to recruit any top-25 players during the Clark era, and that'll be evident once Clark is gone. Iowa may have a "we're going to show you we're more than Clark" year next year, where their players are suddenly allowed to breathe and play for themselves, (and thus motivated to play their best and make some noise), but I don't see it happening for them long term.

Or put differently, if they do not slip back into obscurity, it'll be the best coaching of Bluder's career. Far more impressive than what she's done with Clark on her roster.

I’m glad the tournament ends today simply so we don’t have to see anymore of horse face Lobo.

Can ESPN please fire her? She belongs at SNY doing exclusively UConn games. She sucks so bad, can’t believe that’s who we have had on the call for these record breaking viewers.

Clark deserves better than having 3 UConn players talk s*it about her while she’s playing. Especially since 12 million people are tuning in to watch HER.

I’m glad the tournament ends today simply so we don’t have to see anymore of horse face Lobo.

Can ESPN please fire her? She belongs at SNY doing exclusively UConn games. She sucks so bad, can’t believe that’s who we have had on the call for these record breaking viewers.

Clark deserves better than having 3 UConn players talk s*it about her while she’s playing. Especially since 12 million people are tuning in to watch HER.

LOL, you think the damn network channel that runs a UConn exclusive "Bird and Taurasi" show for every women's NCAA tournament would can their queen broadcast Husky?

Wasting your time. That school and that network have been in bed together for years.

LOL, you think the damn network channel that runs a UConn exclusive "Bird and Taurasi" show for every women's NCAA tournament would can their queen broadcast Husky?

Wasting your time. That school and that network have been in bed together for years.

Oh trust me, I know. Just such a disservice to the fans and the sport. All this increased visibility and that’s what everyone has to look at and listen to.

As I said, Clark deserves better. Single handedly elevated the sport.

Reactions: mudcat1973
South Carolina forcing it to their bigs right now. Everyone in the country knew they were going inside. Not a good game plan to start this game.

Iowa seniors are ready. They are not playing around. That rake and take from Affolter was a thing of beauty. Perfect spacing and the right read in the 3 on 2. Should have given PaoPao the too small.

Reactions: mudcat1973
South Carolina forcing it to their bigs right now. Everyone in the country knew they were going inside. Not a good game plan to start this game.

Iowa seniors are ready. They are not playing around. That rake and take from Affolter was a thing of beauty. Perfect spacing and the right read in the 3 on 2. Should have given PaoPao the too small.
Yep

Iowa is so flippin fun to watch. I don’t care how tired you are of hearing about it. This is entertainment!

Busting a 3 from 28’ on the head of 6’7” just because you know you can? Only Caitlin lol.

Dawn good that panicky grimace she gets sometimes. Bluder looking like she has all season, relaxed and comfortable in those tailored trousers.

Bree hall is hurting SC right now she giving them nothing on defense or offense

Girl was getting smoked. Everyone thinks they can lock Clark up until they’re trying. Muhl did the best job of anyone on her this season. As a team UConn forced her as far right as they possibly could and tried to keep her there. I was surprised Muhl wasn’t called for holding more because she made a lot of contact with Clark to keep her on the right side.

SC letting her move around too easily. She’s like a binder to the opponents defense because she draws the eyes of every defender when she moves.

Girl was getting smoked. Everyone thinks they can lock Clark up until they’re trying. Muhl did the best job of anyone on her this season. As a team UConn forced her as far right as they possibly could and tried to keep her there. I was surprised Muhl wasn’t called for holding more because she made a lot of contact with Clark to keep her on the right side.

SC letting her move around too easily. She’s like a binder to the opponents defense because she draws the eyes of every defender when she moves.
I agree i'm not sure what the defense plan was for Dawn like you said force her right

VN Store

Back