Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

Does anybody have any real knowledge of Green Bay? What is their main strength/potential weaknesses?

Emily Saunders had 19pts and 11rebs in a loss to Green Bay earlier this season.

So that should be motivation/good news for our post players.

Except that Emily really came on strong this season. I still maintain she had the best hands, and softest touch around the rim, of any post player we'd had in a long time. She just lacked quickness.

Well this stinks. My niece from my wife's side of the family plays for UW Green Bay. Almost their entire team is from the state of Wisconsin. My niece is from Appleton, Wisconsin. Wonderful young lady. For only the second time in my life, I will be rooting for the other team.

Wow, finally the basketball gods smile on us. I couldn’t have dreamed a better scenario for the LVs. Not that anything will be easy but this is definitely doable. We got a higher seed than Ole Miss which is interesting. Looks like our SOS, our strong finish esp the So Car games, and the injury to Rickea got strong consideration.

Let’s effing GO!

Last edited:
Very first initial impression of Green Bay after one quarter. Undersized but organized.

They start 5’7”, 5’8”, 5’11”, 6’0, 6’1” and those all appear to be generous billings. Especially the girl they have listed at 6’1”, she’s 5’11” at best playing the center. The player she’s matching up with is also billed at 6’1” and is noticeably taller.

They get their butt back and get their defense set but they should be pretty easy for us to score over top of. They simply do not have someone who can matchup with Tamari, Rickea, Jill, Sarah etc. expect to see us kill them in the paint.

They shoot the 3 about like we do.

Thanks for the scout!

Very first initial impression of Green Bay after one quarter. Undersized but organized.

They start 5’7”, 5’8”, 5’11”, 6’0, 6’1” and those all appear to be generous billings. Especially the girl they have listed at 6’1”, she’s 5’11” at best playing the center. The player she’s matching up with is also billed at 6’1” and is noticeably taller.

They get their butt back and get their defense set but they should be pretty easy for us to score over top of. They simply do not have someone who can matchup with Tamari, Rickea, Jill, Sarah etc. expect to see us kill them in the paint.

They shoot about like us from 3, slightly better at 34% to our 31%, but they all have a slow release. This is a team you have to run off the line if you’re faster than them. Force them to put it on the floor and take an off balance mid-range shot or drive into our bigs. Wouldn’t just let them jack up 3s even though their percentage isn’t that great. Small as they are we have to force them to deal with our size and we have to clean the glass.

With the slower release we should block a few of those, force travels and one dribble pull ups which are all in our favor.

They're #1 in the NCAA in assist/turnover ratio (1.74).

For good reason. You can immediately tell they are a team who is well coached and executes. Not a lot of extra nonsense. They run their stuff and get a good shot on almost every possession.

I think we could really disrupt them with a little trapping action. Our length is really going to bother this team. We will need to force some turnovers to control the pace.

Might be another break out game for Karoline Striplin!

We are going to look gigantic against this Green Bay team lol

all nine teams that the LVs lost to are in the tourney. yes too many losses, and I'm surprised that A&m was selected.
I think beating Mississippi St. and playing South Carolina tough with Endyia Rogers back in the SECT definitely saved them. Committee probably thought that they may have won a few more games had they not had Rogers out for that stretch, and that she's back and playing (well) now.

VN Store

Back