• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think my plane comments were in reference to? The boosters have the pressure dial set to a 2/10 right now and they have MANY levers to pull to increase it to unbearable levels.

So whose is the man behind the curtain pulling the strings?:twocents:

What do you think my plane comments were in reference to? The boosters have the pressure dial set to a 2/10 right now and they have MANY levers to pull to increase it to unbearable levels.

So the question is why don’t the boosters turn it up? Or when do you expect them to?

Where were these so called boosters when we were hiring Kiffin, Dooley or Butch?

So whose is the man behind the curtain pulling the strings?:twocents:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This is the problem at UT and has been since Dickey retired, no one really knows who's making these decisions or why. When Dickey was the AD at UT EVERYONE knew who was in charge and who made the decisions. It was him!!

This is the problem at UT and has been since Dickey retired, no one really knows who's making these decisions or why. When Dickey was the AD at UT EVERYONE knew who was in charge and who made the decisions. It was him!!

Living in Alabama, I get to hear these damn bama stories. After Bear, everyone wanted to fight for every bit of control. It took them pursing Saban, that really forced that to stop.

It's sad really, friend on Facebook showed the ticket price of Saturday's game. I can buy a ticket to the game for less than a beer....

Here is why I am skeptical. Why would he wanna come to coach at a school that clearly makes it look like they don't have any respect for him and make it seem as if they will give him hell while he is here?? It's almost portrayed like they don't care, and they could careless about football or winning....don't get why he would come to this??? MIT? Honest question, not doubting you.

Here is why I am skeptical. Why would he wanna come to coach at a school that clearly makes it look like they don't have any respect for him and make it seem as if they will give him hell while he is here?? It's almost portrayed like they don't care, and they could careless about football or winning....don't get why he would come to this??? MIT? Honest question, not doubting you.

Jon Gruden earns instant respect. He’s no Botch Jones

Then us as fans r crazy, including myself, the team is so bad it's like dooleys final games. I want him to come so bad. (That's what she said) 😂😂.... seriously we need him at this school to restore power. But I honestly wanna know why he wants to come here?

Btw, beeves, once again you predicted the future. You said media would be putting things out about how he wouldn't be a good college coach, and sure enough it happened. Props my good sir.... I really do wanna know why HE WANTS TO COME HERE, with this stuff going on.

Grude Morning.

All other options have no appeal when compared to Gruden.

That's why we are here.

Go Big Orange!

But I honestly wanna know why he wants to come here?

Besides all the well-publicized family ties, and the ESPN stuff, here's why I think he would want to come here:

He is a driven man. A self-described egomaniac. He looks out on the college football landscape and tries to figure out who can beat Saban. Who can beat Saban? Who can bring Alabama and Saban down a notch?

and he thinks........"I alone can beat Saban. I alone can save Tennessee."

And that's why he comes here.

The challenge of it all.

Reactions: 5 people
Besides all the well-publicized family ties, and the ESPN stuff, here's why I think he would want to come here:

He is a driven man. A self-described egomaniac. He looks out on the college football landscape and tries to figure out who can beat Saban. Who can beat Saban? Who can bring Alabama and Saban down a notch?

and he thinks........"I alone can beat Saban. I alone can save Tennessee."

And that's why he comes here.

The challenge of it all.

Oh I get that... I'm asking because our university idiots make it seem like they have zero respect for the man and don't really want him. Personally I would do something to spit them for acting like this. Ha

Several of you posters had some great answers. I will have to buy a fine bottle of scotch and do a tasting with 4-5 of you at one of the home games next year. I will post the exact answer that I had for the game theory payoff once Butch has been formally fired. I do not want to give the competitors insight into how they should be thinking about it. If you answered then DM me on Twitter and we can pick a game as a group.

I missed this because I went to bed early last night. But I'd still like to play:

The Kendrick situation is telling Currie that the boosters are willing to pull back the curtain on the whole AD. Willing to clean house entirely if necessary. He really has no choice, IMO, but to keep Butch off the sidelines in one way or another, this weekend, to prevent the poor pr involved with that.

Basically, the boosters are saying, we said to do this NOW!

OK insiders. Where is your grude meter at right now? Not wishfully but truely from what you know

The more time goes on the more nervous I get this isn’t happening so help us out and give us hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back