Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I get that... I'm asking because our university idiots make it seem like they have zero respect for the man and don't really want him. Personally I would do something to spit them for acting like this. Ha

Our University idiots would get rid of the entire football program if they could. But, they need it to feed money to their academic programs. Most of them view UT Football as a necessary evil. They just want it for the money and as long as they are making money they are happy with it.

Grude morning to you all. After reading through the overnight post, here are my thoughts. This may be a little drawn out as I've yet to finish my first cup of coffee. "If" Gruden is a done deal, meaning signature on a contract, I would imagine "if" Jones can be fired, it's a no brainer......he will be fired. It puts Currie in a predicament as he almost has to give a statement of sorts should he find no reason to fire Jones. I say this because he still has the responsibility of making UT an attractive job choice for a top tier coach regardless of the sport he's hiring for.

Reactions: 2 people
Grude morning to you all. After reading through the overnight post, here are my thoughts. This may be a little drawn out as I've yet to finish my first cup of coffee. "If" Gruden is a done deal, meaning signature on a contract, I would imagine "if" Jones can be fired, it's a no brainer......he will be fired. It puts Currie in a predicament as he almost has to give a statement of sorts should he find no reason to fire Jones. I say this because he still has the responsibility of making UT an attractive job choice for a top tier coach regardless of the sport he's hiring for.

Why?? Did you See what UF did to their coach, he got screwd badly out of the nearly 13 million due on his contract, he will get only 4 million and 3 million of that must go to Colorado State to pay his buyout to them. So he's only getting a million as they fired him for cause. I bet they have no problem getting folks to come coach there.

Besides all the well-publicized family ties, and the ESPN stuff, here's why I think he would want to come here:

He is a driven man. A self-described egomaniac. He looks out on the college football landscape and tries to figure out who can beat Saban. Who can beat Saban? Who can bring Alabama and Saban down a notch?

and he thinks........"I alone can beat Saban. I alone can save Tennessee."

And that's why he comes here.

The challenge of it all.

Also, he has stated that coaching (head) college football is another item on his bucket list he wants to check off. Trivia: How many coaches have won both a Super Bowl and a National College Football Title?

Reactions: 1 person
The Comb is one of my favorite posters on VN. Insiders are around, it has been a very interesting past 2 days. The Kendrick’s issue is a big deal (both in the health of that kid and on the implications it has on Butch).

For the game theory nerds, whoever can correctly summarize the implications this has on Currie and the boosters will win a a couple free scotch drinks on me at a home game next year.

It frees up budget dollars which will allow the AD to hire The Comb as spiritual motivator and Daniela as spiritual booty shaker. All of Volnation will be happy. It's a win win for all.

Reactions: 3 people
It frees up budget dollars which will allow the AD to hire The Comb as spiritual motivator and Daniela as spiritual booty shaker. All of Volnation will be happy. It's a win win for all.

Hey fingers, you changed your avatar. How am I supposed to recognize your posts at a glance now?

Reactions: 1 person
Why?? Did you See what UF did to their coach, he got screwd badly out of the nearly 13 million due on his contract, he will get only 4 million and 3 million of that must go to Colorado State to pay his buyout to them. So he's only getting a million as they fired him for cause. I bet they have no problem getting folks to come coach there.

Why, what? You surely don't think you can compare what's going on at UF to what's going on at UT..!? It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Mimosas? I only drink alcoholic beverages that burn on the way down.

If Gruden becomes the Head Coach at the University of Tennessee, I have a quart of Popcorn Suttons finest for you (not the store bought crap, original still run made before he killed himself). :good!:

I already figured that out awhile back. If the concussion story is true, or truly happened, Currie has been at least informed about it. Basing this off the fact he's publicly acknowledged the situation.

But first let's look at Butch. Butch hasn't done anything about the coach who was made aware by Kendrick during the game, which from all indications was the second quarter. So let's assume Butch just happened to not be informed during the game by this coach, ok I can accept that if I'm made too. BUT since the game CBJ and Currie have been aware, and publicly acknowledged atleast the rumors.

Butch hasn't done anything, he's the superior to the coach who was informed by Kendrick. His inaction in regard to the situation makes him just as guilty.

Now Currie knows. If either coach is allowed to be on the sideline on Saturday then Currie and the University are just as guilty and liable.

So with all that, here it is
Currie now has to make a decision. He wanted to wait till the end of the season to excuse Butch of his duties. This possibly to give Haslam more time to work on his own deal that's opposite from the other boosters, or to give time for other schools to hire Butch(to help compensate his buyout). Which ever you buy into.

The problem is if he again allows Butch to coach Saturday, his(Curries) own job and future career here or elsewhere will be ruined. If CBJ coaches Saturday he is allowing a coach that he knows doesn't take the health of the players serious. If he fires him his own plans will be wrecked, or Haslams plans will be wrecked.

So this revelation is forcing Curries hand. He has tomorrow to decide if he has a future as an AD here or elsewhere. Also tomorrow Haslam or the other boosters win, if that's the true conflict.

This incident has changed everything.

Let me know if I win the grand prize.

P.S. Sorry if I kept repeating things, just wanted to be clear on things. It seems most in here don't think it's as big of an issue as I do. Based of lack of discussion of the subject. I truly feel that if there ever was a time that we can predict a response it'll be tomorrow.
I am just amazed he was at practice.. Who the heck is the General Counsel for the University? “ You and staff allowed student athlete to play with a concussion for 2 quarters and circumvented medical protocols put in place for the safety of our students.. We are moving on” it is this simple .. This is easier to fire with cause for than lying about death threats at a press conference

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back