Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding...you "know how it went down" but that POV is one sided and second handed??

Sorry, I realize my explanation may have been confusing. I was saying I didn’t hear it from someone who would have an agenda in this. Essentially it was a leadership failure on the part of the players and the staff. As the head coach, it ultimately comes back on you. But we should all be hesitant about jumping all over Butch and the coaching staff. Jauan made poor decisions, starting in September and was not held accountable, and today was the culmination of those poor decisions and a lack of leadership.

To further the point, ask yourself, who are the leaders on this team? What players are the leaders? Who’s calling out Jauan? Who’s calling out John Kelly? It’s not there. I’ve been a part of some special teams, both athletically and in the business world. In those teams, you had strong leadership from the top (coach, boss, etc.) but you also had accountability from your brothers. That’s been a major hole since Dobbs, Barnett, Kamara, Sutton, etc left.

hey there! Just reading all the latest news. Some I can agree on, some I can't. I'm so disappointed in UT right now. BUT, I had something said to me today - out of the blue - that goes along with some news that has been posted here. I have a friend who has a VERY well connected family....well, he isn't much into sports (i know, weird) and wasn't thinking about what he was saying and mentions a family member having a meeting last week with some other "Boosters". I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I started asking a few questions to see if he was talking about what I THOUGHT he was talking about and YES! I was like :clapping: (I have changed a couple of details so no one will know who I am talking about) From what I could get out of him - without shaking his whole body until he passed out - was the meeting was about Gruden. I was trying to not act so interested so that he wouldn't catch on to me....sheesh. I wasn't sure about posting that, but I did it now. :dunno:

I'm just glad I could pull all that out of you with "Whats up Girl?" :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Gotta be honest, I'm about ready for the end of this roller coaster too lol... but I stay buckled in, cause it will be worth it

trying stay buckled in for so long my legs are numb...who needs legs anyway Gruden to the Hill!!!!

hey there! Just reading all the latest news. Some I can agree on, some I can't. I'm so disappointed in UT right now. BUT, I had something said to me today - out of the blue - that goes along with some news that has been posted here. I have a friend who has a VERY well connected family....well, he isn't much into sports (i know, weird) and wasn't thinking about what he was saying and mentions a family member having a meeting last week with some other "Boosters". I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I started asking a few questions to see if he was talking about what I THOUGHT he was talking about and YES! I was like :clapping: (I have changed a couple of details so no one will know who I am talking about) From what I could get out of him - without shaking his whole body until he passed out - was the meeting was about Gruden. I was trying to not act so interested so that he wouldn't catch on to me....sheesh. I wasn't sure about posting that, but I did it now. :dunno:

welcome to the train.

Sorry, I realize my explanation may have been confusing. I was saying I didn’t hear it from someone who would have an agenda in this. Essentially it was a leadership failure on the part of the players and the staff. As the head coach, it ultimately comes back on you. But we should all be hesitant about jumping all over Butch and the coaching staff. Jauan made poor decisions, starting in September and was not held accountable, and today was the culmination of those poor decisions and a lack of leadership.

To further the point, ask yourself, who are the leaders on this team? What players are the leaders? Who’s calling out Jauan? Who’s calling out John Kelly? It’s not there. I’ve been a part of some special teams, both athletically and in the business world. In those teams, you had strong leadership from the top (coach, boss, etc.) but you also had accountability from your brothers. That’s been a major hole since Dobbs, Barnett, Kamara, Sutton, etc left.

Good question, I can't think of any current players that scream "leader" to me. Most of the time you can tell

Jimmy Hyams is reporting he has an inside track to a guy named Noah, and Noah told him it was probably going to be cloudy for a few days ..........

Reactions: 2 people
I'm just glad I could pull all that out of you with "Whats up Girl?" :hi:

haha, right! I was debating on whether to say anything about it here, because I didn't want to be seen as troll-like, but the entire conversation was just :dance2: And I haven't said a word to anyone and just had to let it fly. thanks for listening! :)

haha, right! I was debating on whether to say anything about it here, because I didn't want to be seen as troll-like, but the entire conversation was just :dance2: And I haven't said a word to anyone and just had to let it fly. thanks for listening! :)

No problem its just what I do :good!: Did you play BB in high school?

You think he's saying that about Hoke & crew.

I thought he was saying it about JJ.

Impossible to know either way.

Considering the fact that multiple players have vented their frustration with dishonesty, all our transfers, and now this, I think there is a toxic environment in the locker room. They need to announce this new coach quick to start damage control.

Gotta be honest, I'm about ready for the end of this roller coaster too lol... but I stay buckled in, cause it will be worth it

I hope

People's predictions are on the clock.

Others predations about other coaches are on the clock too.

Our wishes are the only ones that involve crypt messages, etc.

Gruden to the Hill
Go VOLS
Go Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back