Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
New video just out of JJ from the locker room today..........

Attachments

• 263ac9a1e99ca14fdb06737113d62c551f028f32_hq.gif
    263ac9a1e99ca14fdb06737113d62c551f028f32_hq.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 611
Without divulging too much information, I’m close enough to the situation to know how this went down. There are always 2 sides to every story, and my side wasn’t from a player or from a member of the current coaching staff.

Also, even though we’re all frustrated by this, don’t be fooled into thinking the players all have Jauan’s back in this scenario. He walked out on them a few months ago and hasn’t been around as a leader or teammate. I hate that it went down like this and I wish someone (could’ve been a player OR coach) had the stones to call him out a while back. Sad story that’s a leadership failure. This team, and coaching staff, have had a serious deficiency in leadership.

Thanks 92. I just hate that everyday a layer of the onion is peeled back. It seems neverending

giphy.gif

Ok Hyam jokes on hold. I don't see how Coach GRUDEN could turn down $10,000,000 a year for 5 years. Even if he sux at his job he still gets paid. See Butch Jones for comfermation

Reactions: 2 people
Can't speak for knuck. For me, going into detail about the "how" my source knows would compromise the source.

Think about it this way. Say a respected journalist comes out with a report that says "according to a source/sources, Jon Gruden has signed a contract to become the next football coach at Tennessee." Do you then say "hey journalist, I'm not sure I believe you, how EXACTLY does your source know this?" You don't. You weigh the credibility of the report yourself and accept or reject it.

I'm just a guy on the internet, not a journalist. I've said for over a week now, explicitly, that Gruden signed. I would not be explicit if I personally wasn't absolutely convinced.

So take that for what it's worth, but I'm not discussing any more detail about who told me and how they know. As far as knucklehead goes, I know that his source and mine are totally separate, but he is perfectly able to speak for himself. :)

Ok. We know your on the clock. Hope your right.

Without divulging too much information, I’m close enough to the situation to know how this went down. There are always 2 sides to every story, and my side wasn’t from a player or from a member of the current coaching staff.

Also, even though we’re all frustrated by this, don’t be fooled into thinking the players all have Jauan’s back in this scenario. He walked out on them a few months ago and hasn’t been around as a leader or teammate. I hate that it went down like this and I wish someone (could’ve been a player OR coach) had the stones to call him out a while back. Sad story that’s a leadership failure. This team, and coaching staff, have had a serious deficiency in leadership.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding...you "know how it went down" but that POV is one sided and second handed??

Ok Hyam jokes on hold. I don't see how Coach GRUDEN could turn down $10,000,000 a year for 5 years. Even if he sux at his job he still gets paid. See Butch Jones for comfermation

DTJ, agreed, and especially considering that ESPN might not even BE ESPN in 5 years.

Hawk, are you an instructor at mother Rucker? Not sure if i asked yet

No..I have a bunch of friends who are and were. I never took a knee..always been in a CAB.

I mentioned a while back about a life changing event can happen at any second. My UT son was dx with type 1 diabetes when he was 8. I fought and stayed at Ft. Campbell for 9 years so he could go to Vandy for appts. I had planned to take that 3 year break but was never able to. Right decision in the long run to stay.

Any way we could capture all of the Hyams jokes from this thread? Sad, I've laughed more in the last 30 minutes reading these than I have all month.

Reactions: 1 person

Man, I like the way you spell confirmation!

Attachments

• giphy-2.gif
    giphy-2.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 595
Reactions: 1 person

Case yall want evidence of the players being divided on the JJ dismissal .. check out Tyler Bird’s last tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back