Official Jon Gruden Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what i think most people who want gruden so badly it will be a failure if we get ANYONE else.

th

It is really not the matter of anyone else is a failure, It is that UT is broke and by all accounts linked to the boosters, the only way the BIG "bailout" money comes in is if it is Gruden, otherwise, they have the 18 million from athletics.....therefore a budget hire, like Dooley, is what we should expect.

104.5 stating that Kyle Whittingham from Utah has been contacted by Hart even though he hasn't appeared on any of our lists.

I'm convinced all the radio talking heads have a bet on who can come up with the worst coach that people will actually believe might be the new HC of UT. The names being batted around are now out-Dooleying, Dooley.

More....

Robert (Knoxville TN)

Do you find it odd that neither UT nor Jon Gruden have said that they are working on a deal? Gruden was clearly uncomfortable and changed the subject quickly on the Mike & Mike show. Do you not feel that if a deal wasn't being worked on either UT or Gruden himself would say so?
Chris Low
(1:42 PM)

My take is that Gruden and Tennessee boosters (and maybe even a famous ex-Tennessee player) have had several conversations in the past about the job, but that Gruden isn't interested in being a part of the interview process. It's either him and Tennessee gives him what he wants financially, or he's moving on. I've never believed that it would materialize.

Why are people putting stock in what he and LWSVOL (Larry) has to say? Larry has said emphatically for weeks now that Gruden was NOT going to happen. Now he's backpedaling and saying there have been talks. Well, no Shiite, Sherlock! You don't say?

Larry's position is a lot more nuanced than most posters realize. He has clarified on TOS that he knows there have been talks going on for 2 months or more, but that in his opinion, he thinks Gruden is an NFL guy and would only go back there, so he never thought there was much chance of actually reaching an agreement. Very different from saying 5% or less based on what people involved in the talks are saying etc. I don't get that analysis, because to me the mere fact that talks have been going on for so long would indicate that there is at least some realistic chance (whether 30% or 70% or whatever I don't know but not 5%) it would happen. But that's what he said.

Hubbs take on the locker room seems off a bit- IMO, Locker room is set up just in case seems odd. I know they probably had to scramble for Dooleys but to set it up weeks in advance just seems like a lot of hassle for something that could happen "Mid- Dec".

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This place is a trip anymore. Keeping my distance during maniac hours. It's amazing the SAME ones show up every day about the same time, spewing their nega.

Go Vols. Get Gruden.

:drive2:

Reactions: 2 people
Guys, come on. We can't say GTFO to everyone who thinks Gruden isn't coming. Where's the fun in a thread full of people agreeing with one another? B-O-R-I-N-G

Anybody down to meet me at UT and walk in to see what's going down?

Don't you need a pass to go into the locker room
Kids are in school so walking down to campus sounds good but the reality is that the locker rooms are empty and Dr Bass's old department keeps the stadium area busy during the week and it's a secure area

I see this thread and the ones before swing in huge up and downs
Even if we heard from even a reliable source it seems many would freak and say NO WAY and the other half would be jumping up and down and then the next hour another reliable source and then....It's like being manic depressant around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back