Official Jon Gruden Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the deal is off, and it seems it is, then I still want to know what happened. Because something occurred last night that tipped this thing over. And i just got word that Hart is in fact an issue. There is more to this...and I am not buying the money for assistants angle.

I'm with you on this one.

Did Hart get pissed that Gruden's camp was talking with boosters and not him? I would! Also, how much were we prepared to offer Gruden for staff? At one point somebody said we were offering in the low 4s, and that Gruden was looking for about 5, and then I read we may have boosted our number--but who knows if any of that was true. Kiffin got a LOT of money for his staff--and I sure as hell hope we matched or exceeded that amount. In the end I don't think Gruden was serious about returning to college--he wants to completely run the show, and is an NFL guy besides. The deal would have got done if Gruden had been truly interested. He wasn't.

LWS response to who he think Big Jim wants:
Originally Posted by :
I have no idea but if he wanted Jon Gruden as the coach at Tennessee, he would be the coach at Tenenssee. If Gruden's agent would come off some of the points AND Gruden is truly interested in coaching in college and at Tenenssee, I'm real sure Haslam would be on board that. That is still possible if they would alter demands. Personally, I think LaMonte AND Gruden had no interest in coaching here and were only playing the game they have played elsewhere to keep Gruden's name out there.just my opinion, of course.

I don't believe this for a second. I really can't see Gruden doing that for several reasons.

1. Gruden has a good relationship with Majors.
2. He wouldn't disrespect his wife like that.
3. He actually did a commercial saying Knoxville is a
"Special Place".
4. Gruden has said in the past he would only accept a
couple of college jobs, UT being one.

I think everyone needs to chill until the whole thing plays out.

Bad news.

iterator (14)
10:27 AM Today (#P) ( Report! )
Just saw this on TOS by babyvol, SIAP:

Posted: Today 11:15 AM
I'm guessing this is true so I
Am officially coming to my senses and off the Gruden train.
Just going to keep quiet cause I can't even trust what I know from the top boosters anymore.
Sorry to those who felt misled....it definitely wasn't on purpose. I just can't believe we are dumb enough to let a Bammer ruin our program. How you don't have Gruden at top of your list is beyond me. Good luck and I'll be lurking til we get a new coach in place. A Vol fan for life.....regardless how low we fall. Get behind our new coach, whomever that is and climb back up the mountain. Go Big Orange!

Just a heads up, there is some speculation that this post was sarcastic. Clay Travis is a joke, and its quite possible that the OP Babyvol was making fun of him.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back