Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I did some dumb things in my day while drinking too much. Tossed Superman style out of a bar by the back of my pants by two bouncers in Atlanta on a bowl game trip. And also booted from Downtown Brewery for fighting. I probably deserved a lot worse than I got.

You get extra points for sticking the landing.

I did some dumb things in my day while drinking too much. Tossed Superman style out of a bar by the back of my pants by two bouncers in Atlanta on a bowl game trip. And also booted from Downtown Brewery for fighting. I probably deserved a lot worse than I got.
I never did anything dumb while drinking. Heck, i've only been buzzed a dozen times in my life and completely drunk only once.
I've managed to do all my dumb stuff stone, cold sober.

Teach me.
Step one: have an older brother who was an alcoholic.

Step two: have another older brother who screwed up his life multiple times with drugs.

Step three: be a fatty who doesn't find the taste of most alcohol appealing (except for margaritas which are practically sugar bombs).

step four: try to set a good example for my kids.

Step one: have an older brother who was an alcoholic.

Step two: have another older brother who screwed up his life multiple times with drugs.

Step three: be a fatty who doesn't find the taste of most alcohol appealing (except for margaritas which are practically sugar bombs).

step four: try to set a good example for my kids.

Shoot. I'm the only one of five who parties, I'm thin, and I don't have kids.

This 30 second or so video is a good example of what i said about doing things yourself, and it being best to learn how the pros do it before starting:

There is often more than 1 way to do the job "right" as far as having an excellent finished product. There is only 1 "best" way to achieve that result with as little time, effort, and $$$ as possible...

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Pickens
Thanks for the replies, guys! I cooled off overnight, stopped by her work, and told her she would be criminally trespassed from the building and after showing her the video, told her that if I even saw her on the sidewalk across the street that I'd file a report. She started crying and I had a few more choice words to hammer it home before leaving.

Nice. Good job bro

Reactions: AM64
Alcohol tends to be the culprit here. I got my wake up call concerning dumb behavior and that substance just like a lot of people probably did.

It worked too.
Society gives too many 'second chances' though. How many DUIs should a person get before they go to jail? Do we wait until they kill someone? Nah. Dink was nicer than I would have been. You drink it up and trash my place you are gonna pay for it..... especially if you are young. If the lesson isn't taught, it won't be learned.

In the market for a Zero Turn Mower. Don’t mind spending some coin on this. My boys are still young so I’ll be doing the cutting for a while.

Recommendations?

Grasshopper, XMark, Dixie Chopper, Skagg basically anything rated for commercial use just stay away from any with a Briggs & Stratton or Kholer engine.

VN Store

Back