Tennessee: 4-1
Marquette: 5-0
Ole Miss: 5-0
Syracuse: 4-0
Georgia Tech: 4-0
Georgetown: 4-1
Texas Tech: 5-0

Last edited:
It hurt no doubt but let's not act like it eneded things. Wins can easily overcome it.

Based on what you've seen lately, are you confident they'll get enough wins though? I see 2 more losses, and I think that's enough to keep them out. They are going to need a deep SEC tourney run.

Based on what you've seen lately, are you confident they'll get enough wins though? I see 2 more losses, and I think that's enough to keep them out. They are going to need a deep SEC tourney run.

Everyone has pretty much acknowledged they need to finish 4-1 down the stretch, I'm guessing you didn't predict a 4 game winning streak with wins over UK and KSU?? Point being that while it's still on the table most Vol fans are going to remain hopeful and pay attention to it hoping for a strong finish to the season.

4-1 isn't going to be easy but certainly possible. I am of the opinion if we can't beat Vandy and Bama at home we don't deserve to go.

Mike Strange said in his column today in the KNS that UT needs to win 4 of the last 5 regular season games and have a strong showing in the SEC Tourney to possibly be in the mix for an NCAA Tournament bid.

4-1 isn't going to be easy but certainly possible. I am of the opinion if we can't beat Vandy and Bama at home we don't deserve to go.

That's exactly my feeling on it as well. I hope we make it, but if we don't do the work to get us there then so be it.

That said, I definitely think we're more than capable of getting those four wins.

Several scenarios (my words) doesn't equate to "tons of scenarios" (your excessive hyperbole).

Gee, Barnes said we have to start winning again? Earth-shattering news right there. Also, water is wet. What's he supposed to say?

Bottom line, the guy I quoted five-six days ago now, claimed we had ONE PATH to the NCAA tournament (can I make that any clearer). Even he later admitted that his statement wasn't entirely accurate. I even laid out the possible paths, but you are either incredibly dense, or just grossly argumentative, so much so that you seek out every opportunity to rehash it with headline news like, "we have to start winning again".

And to put to bed this stupid back and forth you seem hell-bent on continuing, I still think we have a 50-50 shot by finishing 4-1 with the one loss to USCe. That puts us at 17-13 going to the SECT with an RPI around 45ish IIRC, and a SOS in the top 20. Will that be enough? Based on how weak the bubble is likely to be, I think it could thanks to our RPI and SOS.

Yeah, I'm arguing with you, because you jumped another poster who made an accurate, reasonable post. The guy said, after the Georgia loss, that we likely needed to split the Kentucky and SCar games and win the others games vs the other teams.....and you said "that's not remotely accurate", which was an inaccurate statement by you. You even said we could lose to both Kentucky and SCar and still have a chance....now that's what you call "not remotely accurate". There weren't and aren't "several scenarios" and the guy was right after the Georgia loss. And now here we are after just one more loss since you made your statement and everyone agrees there's "no margin of error for Tennessee" going forward, we pretty much have to win out to have a shot.

I think everyone agrees we can only lose one more regular season game, making what chris said accurate.

Can't lose another game at this point imo. We sit here at essentially 13-12 (Chaminade win won't factor in with NCAA since they're a Division II team) with 5 to play. Don't have enough quality wins and outside of SCar, no one helps our RPI going forward....Vandy, Missouri and LSU are bad teams and wins vs them don't help us. Does a win over 15-10 Alabama help us?

So no, we can't lose anymore regular season games and we'll have to do some damage in the SEC tourney to have a chance.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't lose another game at this point imo. We sit here at essentially 13-12 (Chaminade win won't factor in with NCAA since they're a Division II team) with 5 to play. Don't have enough quality wins and outside of SCar, no one helps our RPI going forward....Vandy, Missouri and LSU are bad teams and wins vs them don't help us. Does a win over 15-10 Alabama help us?

So no, we can't lose anymore regular season games and we'll have to do some damage in the SEC tourney to have a chance.
Ignore the way wins look because Clemson is in right now. Bubble is garbage, look at RPI forecast and Lunardi's latest bracket.

We would have more quality wins (Kansas State, Georgia Tech, UK) than the guys we are competing against with the toughest SOS and a good RPI, and no bad losses other than Miss St (not even that bad compared to most bubble teams). We would be 4 wins above 500. You're a bit too focused on how we look and not the other bubble teams.

Last edited:

Look at the bubble, 17-13(10-8) Tennessee with a RPI inside of 50 and SOS top 15 in the country and they're gonna be right there.

I think everyone agrees we can only lose one more regular season game, making what chris said accurate.

I have seen a lot of posters saying we need to win them all. 18 wins would make the Vols in a spot they wouldn't have to sweat it out

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of posters saying we need to win them all.

Yeah, good point. I think it's up in the air as far as this place goes because of pessimism from us losing to Kentucky, but most experts would have us in, considering how many have us close now.

I think some were saying that we need to win them all before Kentucky, even.

VN Store

Back