Official Bubble Watch Thread

I watch nearly every Cal game they are great on defense and are lost on offense like most all Cuonzo's teams...They also have 1 good win but I agree they are in and will probably be out first round again...he has too much talent on his teams for them to be this mediocre

Maybe someone should start a petition. That seems to get his teams to play better

Reactions: 2 people
Bold prediction time.

We'll make the NCAAT....OR.....we won't.

Shocking I know, but roll with it.

"Hey man, you ever think there's gonna be this massive nuclear holocaust, and after all the major nations are destroyed they'll just be the tribes in the jungle that rise up and survive? That jungle warfare's gonna rule the world?"

So our RPI will be in the 50s after tomorrow regardless. Definitely need the win, but it seems very anticlimactic even if we dominate. Either way I'll be happy. Don't take wins for granted

Didn't have this one down, but Akron had an outside shot of getting an at large if they won out to their conference championship game, but they just lost to Kent State so that's now off the table.

Cuonzo needs to hire a really strong offensive minded assistant...Cal looked good until Moore and Rabb got into 1st half foul trouble and then they looked lost on offense..they were up 11 and are now trailing 38-34 at the half. They are 10th out of 12 teams in scoring in the PAC-12..also we didn't miss anything when Okorah went west with Cuonzo

Reactions: 1 person
Saturday's Games to Watch:

Clemson vs. Miami
Northern Iowa vs. Wichita State
Villanova vs. Seton Hall
Missouri vs. TENNESSEE
Wake Forest vs. Duke
Virginia Tech vs. Louisville
Kansas State vs. Texas
Illinois vs. Iowa
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia
LSU vs. Alabama
Auburn vs. Texas A&M
UT-Arlington vs. Georgia State
Michigan State vs. Purdue
Florida State vs. Pittsburgh
Ole Miss vs. Arkansas
Kentucky vs. Georgia
Nebraska vs. Ohio State
TCU vs. Iowa State
SMU vs. Houston
Middle Tennessee vs. Marshall
Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State
Xavier vs. Marquette
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt

Last edited:
Seed list heading into tomorrow's games...

Iowa State
California
Miami
Arkansas
Michigan
Michigan State
TCU
Seton Hall
Clemson
Kansas State
Wake Forest
Illinois State
---------------------------
Georgia
Providence
Tennessee
Marquette
Ole Miss
Syracuse
Houston
Georgia Tech
Georgetown
Texas Tech

Last edited:
Seed list heading into tomorrow's games...

California
Iowa State
Miami
Arkansas
Michigan
Michigan State
TCU
Seton Hall
Clemson
Kansas State
Wake Forest
Illinois State
---------------------------
Georgia
Providence
Tennessee
Marquette
Ole Miss
Syracuse
Houston
Georgia Tech
Georgetown
Texas Tech

Cal down 13 with under 7 to go..they still have Oregon at home and Utah and Colorado on the road..only sure win is Oregon State who will still hurt their RPI as they are 3-23 and have a 298 RPI..so it could get interesting

Cuonzo needs to hire a really strong offensive minded assistant...Cal looked good until Moore and Rabb got into 1st half foul trouble and then they looked lost on offense..they were up 11 and are now trailing 38-34 at the half. They are 10th out of 12 teams in scoring in the PAC-12..also we didn't miss anything when Okorah went west with Cuonzo
I was thinking the same thing. Terrible player in every aspect.

Cal loses 73-68 not a bad loss but certainly doesn't help as some of the brackets had them as a 10 or 11 seed Stanford has a 75 RPI even though they were 11-13

Most of his last class at UT have not worked out. He knew when to leave and except for Josh Richardson he left the cupboard bare.

Okorah isn't doing much. But he's doing more than the rest of that 5 man class.

Cornish and Austin are sitting out after transferring.
Cofer has seen his minutes evaporate.
Turman got booted.

Updated with Cal game...

For each team to finish in the top 50 RPI they must go:

California: 2-2
Iowa State: 2-3
Miami: 2-3
Arkansas: 2-3
Michigan: 3-2
Seton Hall: 3-2
Michigan State: 2-3
TCU: 2-3
Clemson: 4-1
Kansas State: 4-1
Wake Forest: 2-2
Illinois State N/A
-------------------------------------
Georgia: 4-1
Providence: 4-0
Tennessee: 4-1
Marquette: 5-0
Ole Miss: 5-0
Syracuse: 4-0
Georgia Tech: 4-0
Georgetown: 4-1
Texas Tech: 5-0

To go 2-2 Cal has to either beat Oregon at home and win one of two at Utah and Colorado or both if they lose at home to Oregon those aren't givens

Yup, that's why I disagreed when Bruin said not worth paying attention to. Zo rarely does things the easy way so I figured a loss they shouldn't have was upcoming.

Yup, that's why I disagreed when Bruin said not worth paying attention to. Zo rarely does things the easy way so I figured a loss they shouldn't have was upcoming.

Ok so it's worth following.

Why is a team needing to go 2-2 to have an rpi inside the top 50 with zero big wins still on top of your list with teams under them needing to go 2-3 and already have big wins?

Seems like they should be behind them if we really think they are in any kid of trouble when other trams have less work to do.

Ok so it's worth following.

Why is a team needing to go 2-2 to have an rpi inside the top 50 with zero big wins still on top of your list with teams under them needing to go 2-3 and already have big wins?

Seems like they should be behind them if we really think they are in any kid of trouble when other trams have less work to do.

Cal's schedule is pretty soft if you compare it to some of those teams, with that said, there's an opportunity in some games today for some of those teams behind them to pass them IMO.

And when did their win @ USC fall off their resume?

Cal's schedule is pretty soft if you compare it to some of those teams, with that said, there's an opportunity in some games today for some of those teams behind them to pass them IMO.

And when did their win @ USC fall off their resume?

I am not willing to call a win outside of the top 25 a big win. It's a decent win for sure

I am not willing to call a win outside of the top 25 a big win. It's a decent win for sure

I was sure USC would fall apart when league play started but they have played pretty well...I think they lose their next two at UCLA and Arizona and then win out so they should finish 24-7 and 11-7 in the league

I was sure USC would fall apart when league play started but they have played pretty well...I think they lose their next two at UCLA and Arizona and then win out so they should finish 24-7 and 11-7 in the league

Good team. 25-50 type team. Solid win

VN Store

Back