Official Bubble Watch Thread

Matrix updated earlier this evening, so not counting tonight's games: (bolded teams lost tonight)

Last 6 in:
Michigan
Syracuse
Arkansas
Seton Hall
Illinois State
Marquette

First 6 out:
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
Tennessee
Rhode Island
Clemson
Indiana

Against Duke minus their best player though. If we're going to beat up Clemson for beating USCe without Thornwell, we have to acknowledge that VT beat Duke without Allen.

Fwiw, I agree, people shouldn't be upset if Tennessee is left out. They missed a lot of opportunities to pave their own way.

Good thing there were/are still a ton of scenarios left for us to make the tournament after the Georgia and Kentucky losses. Even though Barnes said we've gotta start winning again and there's virtually no room for error, good to know we still have all kinds of ways to get into March Madness, no?

There is no bubble to watch. We need to wind the conference tournament to get in, nothing short of that get us in.

Good thing there were/are still a ton of scenarios left for us to make the tournament after the Georgia and Kentucky losses. Even though Barnes said we've gotta start winning again and there's virtually no room for error, good to know we still have all kinds of ways to get into March Madness, no?

Several scenarios (my words) doesn't equate to "tons of scenarios" (your excessive hyperbole).

Gee, Barnes said we have to start winning again? Earth-shattering news right there. Also, water is wet. What's he supposed to say?

Bottom line, the guy I quoted five-six days ago now, claimed we had ONE PATH to the NCAA tournament (can I make that any clearer). Even he later admitted that his statement wasn't entirely accurate. I even laid out the possible paths, but you are either incredibly dense, or just grossly argumentative, so much so that you seek out every opportunity to rehash it with headline news like, "we have to start winning again".

And to put to bed this stupid back and forth you seem hell-bent on continuing, I still think we have a 50-50 shot by finishing 4-1 with the one loss to USCe. That puts us at 17-13 going to the SECT with an RPI around 45ish IIRC, and a SOS in the top 20. Will that be enough? Based on how weak the bubble is likely to be, I think it could thanks to our RPI and SOS.

Reactions: 1 person
4-1 with a loss to USC, then 1-1 in Nashville with a win over Auburn and a loss to USC has us at 46 RPI and 10 SOS according to RPI wizard. I would have to think that's in.

Lunardi latest update.

Last 4 in
Cuse
Seton Hall
Illinois State
Marquette

First 4 Out
Clemson
Tennessee
GT
WF

Next 4 out
Indiana
TTU
Providence
Georgetown

Lunardi latest update.

Last 4 in
Cuse
Seton Hall
Illinois State
Marquette

First 4 Out
Clemson
Tennessee
GT
WF

Next 4 out
Indiana
TTU
Providence
Georgetown

Seeing this right here gives me hope. If lunardi has us this close to being in we at least have a 50% chance at this point. In looking at the schedule we are going up against 2 terrible sub .500 teams, 1 avg. sub .500 team, a top SEC team, and a team on par with us with the home court advantage. LSU, Mizzou, and Vanderbilt are supposed to be wins at this point. So the worst I see is 3-2. We should beat Alabama though because we are at home and we have looked the better team this year. 4-1 as you all know may very well be the magic number, but with a young team you don't really know what to expect. We went on a roll before this bad stretch, and I do think we are capable of duplicating it. 5-0 is not impossible, and I believe it assuredly gets us in. But I think 18-13 regular season with a 1-1 to a 2-1 record in the SEC tournament will get us there. So I believe that 19-14(10-8) or 20-14(10-8) will get us in around a 9-11 seed capable of upsetting anyone. Here's hoping I'm right

Updated IMO

California
Iowa State
Miami
Arkansas
Seton Hall
TCU
Michigan
Michigan State
Clemson
Kansas State
Wake Forest
Marquette
---------------------------
Georgia
Providence
Tennessee
Illinois State
Ole Miss
Syracuse
Utah
Houston
Georgetown
Texas Tech

Gonna make a change and agree with Lunardi, with as bad as the bubble is Illinois State should be in...

Updated IMO

California
Iowa State
Miami
Arkansas
Seton Hall
TCU
Michigan
Michigan State
Clemson
Kansas State
Wake Forest
Illinois State
Georgia
Providence
Tennessee
Marquette
Ole Miss
Syracuse
Utah
Houston
Georgetown
Texas Tech

Realistically, I think it is going to be very tough to go 4-1. I Think we may be seeing the beginning of the end of this team's progress. Honestly not trying to be pessimistic. I will be very impressed with anything over 18 wins.

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna make a change and agree with Lunardi, with as bad as the bubble is Illinois State should be in...

Updated IMO

California
Iowa State
Miami
Arkansas
Seton Hall
TCU
Michigan
Michigan State
Clemson
Kansas State
Wake Forest
Illinois State
Georgia
Providence
Tennessee
Marquette
Ole Miss
Syracuse
Utah
Houston
Georgetown
Texas Tech

what is your projected SEC T brackets ?

Both are important.......if your team is making a run at the tournament instead of heading in the opposite direction

You do realize that just today the most respected bracketology guy has the Vols as the second team out of the tourney don't you?

Why in the hell wouldn't we follow what is going on with the bubble?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back