Official Bowl Game Announcement Thread

Either way, if someone told you that we would play in the Outback or Citrus bowl at the beginning of the year, I think most people would take it. Next year, expect the vols to be in a New year six game or the playoff. Our stock is trending up!

Reactions: 1 person
Citrus has to take FL after they get snubbed by Sugar.

Not sure how bowls will look at UF. Their offense is a real mess and that fanbase may not travel well. They might be the SEC team that no one really wants and some unlucky bowl is forced to take this season. Btw, being a dog lover, I dig the avatar.

So if the conference heads are the ones who place teams in bowls, it would make even more sense for them to put the Vols in the Citrus bowl, especially after watching that snoozefest of an SECCG last night? Amirite? Kinda like a jab at florida for stinking it up the past 3-4 weeks.

They don't place for the Citrus Bowl, the bowl execs pick who they want. It'll be between UF, LSU, UGA, and us.

If the Sugar Bowl wanted ratings through the roof and hotels, restaurants, etc. packed out they would choose us. Wishful thinking but we are headed to the Outback and at best the Citrus.

We'll know in about 9 hours.

Citrus remains an outside possibility, though I think they'll opt for LSU. Florida's miserable stock is down and still dropping. Whatever bowl gets them will be publicly "overjoyed" and privately pissed off, because they know the sour mood of the Gator fan base will translate to bad economics for the host city.

Outback is the odds-on favorite for our Vols.

Last edited:
If the Sugar Bowl wanted ratings through the roof and hotels, restaurants, etc. packed out they would choose us. Wishful thinking but we are headed to the Outback and at best the Citrus.

Had Tennessee taken care of business against UF and Arkansas we would probably be having that conversation today.

Reactions: 1 person
The biggest non-championship matchup would easily be Tennessee-Michigan. That makes way too much sense to actually happen.

Reactions: 2 people
We'll know in about 9 hours.

Citrus remains an outside possibility, though I think they'll opt for LSU. Florida's miserable stock is down and still dropping. Whatever bowl gets them will be publicly "overjoyed" and privately pissed off, because they know the sour mood of the Gator fan base will translate to bad economics for the host city.

Outback is the odds-on favorite for our Vols.

Should be in maybe 4-5 hours

Should be in maybe 4-5 hours

I said 9 (really 8, I was an hour off) because of Dave Hart's statement in the press conference the other day. He said he expected the call from the SEC "late afternoon or early evening." Then add 1-2 hours from him learning it to it being made public (by whoever has the rights to first announcement, whether the bowls or the SEC or ESPN or the university).

So I'm thinking around 6-7 pm Eastern time. But you could absolutely be right, could be earlier. That would be nice!

I said 9 (really 8, I was an hour off) because of Dave Hart's statement in the press conference the other day. He said he expected the call from the SEC "late afternoon or early evening." Then add 1-2 hours from him learning it to it being made public (by whoever has the rights to first announcement, whether the bowls or the SEC or ESPN or the university).

So I'm thinking around 6-7 pm Eastern time. But you could absolutely be right, could be earlier. That would be nice!

Is there a selection show this year ? Last year there wasnt and things were all twitter rumor that people actually believed at first

Is there a selection show this year ? Last year there wasnt and things were all twitter rumor that people actually believed at first

There is a CFP selection timeline. But I don't think they'll go beyond the playoff and New Years Six bowls.

2015 College Football Playoff selection show: Time, TV schedule, streaming online - SBNation.com

So the Playoffs get announced at 12:30 ET on ESPN.

Then the NY6 get announced at 3:00 ET, along with the final CFP Top 25 list. That should also be covered by ESPN live.

After that, I think it opens up to some combination of the universities, the bowl committees, and the conference front offices to finalize their choices with what's left, then make announcements. Could be chaotic.

I personally am gonna stay tuned to ESPN from 12:30 until the 3:00 announcements are finished. Then I'll switch to SEC-Network, because they'll be slightly faster with SEC-specific announcements while ESPN tries to cover the entire nation.

Last edited:
Bad match up for Nashville

Louisville is drive in and drive out and A&M has already been to Nashville in past few weeks.

Not good for the city

Who cares as long as its not the Vols getting stuck there

VN Store

Back