Official Bowl Game Announcement Thread

2 things to add everyone knows who Deerpark is and everyone values his input. Hes saying although its a long shot the Citrus is still in play going back on what he originally said about there being no chance.
I still expect the Outback, but my earlier statement of not being considered by the Citrus, while accurate at the time, is no longer accurate. A definite long shot, but possible.

2nd volnations very own OrlandoVol is a Citrus Bowl rep and UT grad below is what he had to say.

The goal of Florida Citrus Sports is two-fold:

1. Bring the most compelling matchup to Orlando.

2. Bring Visitors who will stay for the week. "Heads in beds" if you will.

That's all I'll say. :)

So let the speculation begin

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Finally it's the day we hear what Bowl Tennessee will be go to! I think Tennessee is a shoe in for the Outback Bowl.

So if the conference heads are the ones who place teams in bowls, it would make even more sense for them to put the Vols in the Citrus bowl, especially after watching that snoozefest of an SECCG last night? Amirite? Kinda like a jab at florida for stinking it up the past 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: 1 person
So if the conference heads are the ones who place teams in bowls, it would make even more sense for them to put the Vols in the Citrus bowl, especially after watching that snoozefest of an SECCG last night? Amirite? Kinda like a jab at florida for stinking it up the past 3-4 weeks.

Unfortunately I think it's the standing agreement that the SECCG runner up goes to the Citrus Bowl.

Now you're trying to muddle things up with logic...:eek:lol:

Unfortunately I think it's the standing agreement that the SECCG runner up goes to the Citrus Bowl.

This actually is not the case anymore from what I understand. The citrus bowl gets first dibs on whomever they want after the new years 6 bowls are selected. Ole Miss is sugar bowl bound. Florida is not an attractive team especially for the Florida bowls their fans aren't going to stay in hotels and they are playing really bad football right now.

Reactions: 2 people
So Ole Miss to Sugar, then FL to Citr

I don't think Florida would fall farther than the Citrus Bowl. They would love to have the Gator fans fill up the Citrus Bowl.

While they'll fill up the stands no doubt what justice does that do the city of Orlando? Empty restaurants and hotels with the exception of the big10 fans.

Really though, who wants to go to a game where one team is only going to score points from fluke plays or defense? Florida's own fans don't even like watching them play

I would guess we're still headed to Tampa but the one negotiation Hart's good at is bowl negotiations, so we'll see.

Like last year, this thread will go full bore stupid in a few hours. Haha

I love bowl selection day and this thread! :)

I just read 3 different projections and they all picked us for the Outback with N'western. They pick lizards to the Citrus

VN Store

Back