Off Topic Conversations

worst ever drive back to Florida. Starting with a flat tire when I went out to load the truck up to leave, constant stop and not go traffic for miles & miles, hitting state roads thru Ga & FL trying to avoid delays. Finally arrived home @ 3 am. Up @ 6 to check out the damage to the homestead.

Now, I have a migraine starting.. :(

Was kind of proud of my fellow Floridians on the roads trying to get home. We don't stop for Hell OR High water! F'n Hurricane.

worst ever drive back to Florida. Starting with a flat tire when I went out to load the truck up to leave, constant stop and not go traffic for miles & miles, hitting state roads thru Ga & FL trying to avoid delays. Finally arrived home @ 3 am. Up @ 6 to check out the damage to the homestead.

Now, I have a migraine starting.. :(

Was kind of proud of my fellow Floridians on the roads trying to get home. We don't stop for Hell OR High water! F'n Hurricane.

Glade you made it home.....:eek:k:

Will miss the feetball game(sic) against the Gators for a wedding. And, I'm not even upset about it.

I'll record it of course and watch it if Tennessee wins. :)

Staying over at the venue to celebrate our "Honeymoon" which we have delayed for 25 years.

I thought I was logged off volnation when I noticed it. I LIKE the LIKE button.

Me too!!! 😔 I think last week it had
something to do with server issues during the football game (high posting volume I guess)
so I assume there was a similar issue yesterday, maybe...

Reactions: 1 person
Last full day of @25th year Honeymoon with the Wifey on Treasure island in Florida. Have had great weather , too much food and fun and ready to go home tomorrow. :)

Beach life ain't my life. lol

exciting morning @ 6:30 am today.

I had left the pool lania's doggie door open and MIL's black cat came running thru it at top speed. Our 3 dachsunds reacted and then one of them ran out and towards the woods in our backyard. Of course I ran out to call him back and 2 seconds after he hit the woods, he squalled and howled in pain. I'm running towards him in bare feet, Wifey is right behind me and our other male dog is charging past us both. The first dog comes barreling out of the woods with a coyote 2 feet from his tail and gaining fast. With all of the yelling and barking of the second dog, it pulled off the pursuit just before I got to my first dog.

not the way I wanted to wake up this morning, heh!

found a coyote den about 50 yards from our property line, my little mini dachshund led me straight to it after I heard the pups howling in response to a siren noise from a emergency vehicle today. :( Now got to decide do I kill em or try to run them off?

found a coyote den about 50 yards from our property line, my little mini dachshund led me straight to it after I heard the pups howling in response to a siren noise from a emergency vehicle today. :( Now got to decide do I kill em or try to run them off?

Need to get them gone. They will kill your dogs if they have the chance. I abhor coyotes.

Anybody with a spare Prayer or two, Mil could use one today as she undergoes dental surgery. At her age, 88, anytime she is put under anesteasha (sp?) is a worry.

Never boring in Flawdaa..

Just got a free fluids flush(steering,etc) at Topline Auto repair in Brooksville because they mistook repair orders for my Wife's car. Took it in yesterday to replace a bad battery and also asked them to check the brakes for a slight pulsation when stopping. Somehow, they wrote it down as battery/fluids/wipers replace/ blah blah blah.. Their mistake but I'm still waiting on them to finish resurfacing the brakes caliphers... :(

Will probably not be posting for a few days. Just found out that we have had a death in the "family". An Uncle by marriage passed in Pensacola, Fl. he was a career navy submariner in the 2nd world war and Korea. Taking MIL up to see and support her sister at the funeral.

Keep the Negavols under control for me. I don't want to have to come back and pull out a big paddle.

Gule.

Will probably not be posting for a few days. Just found out that we have had a death in the "family". An Uncle by marriage passed in Pensacola, Fl. he was a career navy submariner in the 2nd world war and Korea. Taking MIL up to see and support her sister at the funeral.

Keep the Negavols under control for me. I don't want to have to come back and pull out a big paddle.

Gule.

Sorry Gule, Praying for the family, you will be missed while you are gone.

Never boring in Flawdaa..

Just got a free fluids flush(steering,etc) at Topline Auto repair in Brooksville because they mistook repair orders for my Wife's car. Took it in yesterday to replace a bad battery and also asked them to check the brakes for a slight pulsation when stopping. Somehow, they wrote it down as battery/fluids/wipers replace/ blah blah blah.. Their mistake but I'm still waiting on them to finish resurfacing the brakes caliphers... :(

when you tap the brakes and feel the pedal pulse,it is warped rotors on the front part of the brakes,they need to be replaced,new brake pads and have em bleed em too

whatever they did, it drives and stops fine now so Wifey is happy, :)

The latest problem was a sunroof that spontaneously "exploded" while driving MIL's 2006 Lincoln ls last week. Man, that was really something! I never heard of a car sunroof doing that before but it is not that rare. Damn Geico insurance tried to tell me that the nearest shop that could repair the car was in Troy Mi. and that I had a $500.00 deductible policy. I drove the car back home from Pensacola and took it to a bodyshop <2 miles from the house and they will fix it for much less than that.

edit:

$ bill was 410.00 to repair the sunroof and fix a nasty scratch on the rear bumper from the garage door handle. I really like my neighborhood auto body shop. :)

Last edited:
well alrighty, just got back from Miami where Wifey and I got rid of another old daughter. lol Married her off to a retired US marine major. Got one more daughter to go and we are done! Better be some grandbabies on the way soon though, tired of waiting. :(

Wifey said he was only a captain not a major? Oh well, the old memory bank has a leak,, :(

edit again:::::

I was right the first time, new son in law was a major in the Marine corp.

wait till I see that ole Wifey, lol

Last edited:
As of the last phone call from daughter #2, the Wifey and I can expect to be grandparents by Sept. 1st.

Daughter #1 who just married the marine is also expecting, about the same time.

When it rains, it pours, eh? lol

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back