Off Topic Conversations

I wonder why?

I had a blood test done more than a month ago which showed my cholesterol level was high,>240 so Doctor warned me to adjust my diet, wanted me on more pills and yada, yada yada.

Been following her plan to the T and had another test 3 days ago. level is even higher....

Dammit!

My Mom was the same way. She started walking 3 mi a day, eating oatmeal for breakfast, and drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with the mother in diet green tea 3 times a day. With cholesterol meds and this regimen, she went from the 240's to 204 in a year.

So as I get on here, i see new post come through on different threads, only to open them and see it's conversations that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread. I don't know about everyone else but it's quite annoying.

I love ALMOST everyone on this board so I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. You can either use it or ignore it. I just thought this could be a place for Gule, SmallVol, and TVol to have their conversations. 😊😊😊😊😊[/QUOTE

why do people start every story/statement with the word 'so'? it is as annoying as using the word 'like' fifty times in a sentence IMHO...Americans want to know!
Oprah does that.." And so..."drives me nuts!

Last edited:
I wonder why?

I had a blood test done more than a month ago which showed my cholesterol level was high,>240 so Doctor warned me to adjust my diet, wanted me on more pills and yada, yada yada.

Been following her plan to the T and had another test 3 days ago. level is even higher....

Dammit!

First, find a competent doctor and do some googling. Your total cholesterol count means NOTHING. Cholesterol comes in two types -- HDL and LDL. HDL is often referred to as "good cholesterol" and having more of it, reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL is the one that raises your health risks. So, your dietary changes could have easily lowered your LDL and boosted your HDL but you total cholesterol count could still rise if the boost in HDL was larger than the reduction in LDL. Any informed physician should be discussing the ratio of HDL to LDL not the total number, which again is in of itself not diagnostic of anything.

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/guide/hdl-cholesterol-the-good-cholesterol#1

So as I get on here, i see new post come through on different threads, only to open them and see it's conversations that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread. I don't know about everyone else but it's quite annoying.

I love ALMOST everyone on this board so I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. You can either use it or ignore it. I just thought this could be a place for Gule, SmallVol, and TVol to have their conversations. ����������[/QUOTE

why do people start every story/statement with the word 'so'? it is as annoying as using the word 'like' fifty times in a sentence IMHO...Americans want to know!

Knowledge is power:

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/03/432732859/so-whats-the-big-deal-with-starting-a-sentence-with-so

Usain Bolt defeated by Father Time and two TENNESSEE VOLS in his last "ever" race.

Father Time is scared of messing with Justin Gatlin though. lol

Reactions: 1 person
If Kim Jong Un doesn't nuke us, Trump will.

:(

Crazy, ain't it?

Last edited:
10:40 am, been up since 2am,

Seems to be the pattern lately. Can't stay asleep. :(

The latest on the "Old Gule is past his Prime" news.

Saw the Kidney doctor yesterday for yearly checkup. Up to 55 % function which is great considering that 2 years ago I was almost ready for my dirt nap(@11 %). Told me to keep up the no salt diet ( :( ) and gave me more meds to lower my BP. Found out that the things I have been eating ( Bananas, Potatoes, Beans, Tomatoes, etc. ) are bad for my Creatine levels. Too much Potassium.

Looks like I'll be eating Oatmeal & beer only now. lol

So disappointed in #3 daughter who is a labor & delivery nurse here in Florida. She's sitting here saying that she is NOT staying here to help at the hospital in the face of the upcoming hurricane.

If she doesn't, she loses her job and probably her nursing career.

I've told her that the hospital building is probably the most secure site in the county and people will be in need of her there but that doesn't matter to her selfish ass.

Told her that if she decides that she must go, to go now and DO not come back here. Tired of her act.

Now, going out to gas up the generator and find a spot to put some outdoor furniture.

I got orders from the big Boss (Wifey)today to pack up and head north to take my 88 year old Mil and 3 dachshunds out of harm way. So tomorrow will be headed to Tennessee to my sister's house. Wifey will be at the hospital delivering babies during the storm and will stay there if need be.

I finally convinced #3 daughter to honor her commitment as a nurse and do her job so she is staying too.

Hope we have a house to come back to, :(

Reactions: 2 people
I got orders from the big Boss (Wifey)today to pack up and head north to take my 88 year old Mil and 3 dachshunds out of harm way. So tomorrow will be headed to Tennessee to my sister's house. Wifey will be at the hospital delivering babies during the storm and will stay there if need be.

I finally convinced #3 daughter to honor her commitment as a nurse and do her job so she is staying too.

My nephew is part of a crew from our electric company coming down to Florida to help out. They are staging in Gainesville on Friday to be ready to roll. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 For everyone during this storm.

WOW!
The Gule-istas are standing tall !!! Buncha strong women.

Safe travel Gule. Don't forget to stop often (for MIL).
Oh yeah, for the dogs too.

Keep us posted when you can.

God bless your wife and daughter for sacrificing their needs and safety for others. I hope that all turns out well for everyone in FL.

Safe travels,Gule. Praying for your family and all in the path of the storm to be safe and have minimum property damage or loss. Huge storm will impact a large area.

made it, just in time for Sister to give me a future job to do, lol. Haul a ikea storage unit to her basement and put it together for her. Small price to pay for a soft bed for MIL and a yard for the doggies to play. plus will keep me busy and not worrying bout the ole lady for a little while.

made it, just in time for Sister to give me a future job to do, lol. Haul a ikea storage unit to her basement and put it together for her. Small price to pay for a soft bed for MIL and a yard for the doggies to play. plus will keep me busy and not worrying bout the ole lady for a little while.

Great news....

"I'm leavin in a pickup, Don't know when I'll be back again, Oh baby I don't know!"

Good bye ole hometown. Florida bound.

VN Store

Back