O&W On Internet?

Was planning on being there, but the wife added two more to Volnation yesterday. Looking forward to hear how team looks. Already told twins we would be there next year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 7 people
Was planning on being there, but the wife added two more to Volnation yesterday. Looking forward to hear how team looks. Already told twins we would be there next year.

Congratulations man!

From a personal standpoint it's very disappointing that the o&w game won't be streamed or shown on TV as I'd like to watch it as would the rest of our fans and alums that don't live in commuting distance.

However, from a recruiting standpoint this is a terrible decision. UT and CBJ should be taking every opportunity they can to sell this program to recruits around the country and one of the best ways to do that is trough exposure and access. When a recruit can learn first hand how the coaching staffs and playing styles of other SEC teams look at their spring scrimmages and ours is no where to be found, we are disadvantaged. Very poor decision IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

Congratulations man 2 more vol fans

I'm seriously furious. This is complete BS. UT has way to many resources not to make this available somehow.

Bad for recruiting...

Bad for publicity...

Tennessee football is something I mark on my calendar well in advance. Due to military obligations, I sometimes can't make it to Neyland.

ESPN3 is showin the freaking Kansas and Vanderbilt games for god sakes...

Sorry for the rant. Yes, I'm bitter as hell.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm seriously furious. This is complete BS. UT has way to many resources not to make this available somehow.

Bad for recruiting...

Bad for publicity...

Tennessee football is something I mark on my calendar well in advance. Due to military obligations, I sometimes can't make it to Neyland.

ESPN3 is showin the freaking Kansas and Vanderbilt games for god sakes...

Sorry for the rant. Yes, I'm bitter as hell.

No need to apologize.
I am right there with you.
Color me disgruntled.

Reactions: 3 people
I was going to be attending and was really excited to see what the RB's look like as well as the O line and the overall team speed?? But with an unexpected surgery two weeks ago I can't go and now I hear I won't even be able to watch it anywhere???!!! What Really sux about this is I am less than a 100 miles away in Kingsport GGGRRR, I can't believe it will not be on any network are you freaking kidding me???!!! :banghead2::furious3::moon2::bash:

Reactions: 2 people
So ESPN paid for the rights, decided not to broadcast due to not enough available production trucks and now won't let anyone else broadcast the game, stream or otherwise.

^^^ This according to DeerPark.

Reactions: 1 person
Not all UT fans reside in a reasonable driving distance to make it to the the game. I understand the idea to up attendance, but I'm guessing most that will be attending the game will be within 2-3 hours of campus and the majority from the Knoxville area. It's just very disappointing not to be able to see these guys. I look forward to posters perspectives and comments on Saturday night who were there, but I think we all like to make our own evaluations with our own eyes.

This.

^This! Get your asses to the game or read about on here Saturday night, or the newspaper on Sunday!

Good idea IMO! Butch Gets......well....you know. :)

You think this is a conspiracy on CBJ's part to bump up the numbers in the stands? :loco: Not having a stream hurts recruiting as bad as it might help otherwise.

There will be a lot of recruits who, like many Vol fans, simply don't live close enough to make it to the scrimmage...and will want to get a glimpse of how the team is shaping up, with this Top 5 recruiting class.

They won't get to, and thus there is no way to tell until the fall. Many will have made up their minds by then.

You think this is a conspiracy on CBJ's part to bump up the numbers in the stands? :loco: Not having a stream hurts recruiting as bad as it might help otherwise.

There will be a lot of recruits who, like many Vol fans, simply don't live close enough to make it to the scrimmage...and will want to get a glimpse of how the team is shaping up, with this Top 5 recruiting class.

They won't get to, and thus there is no way to tell until the fall. Many will have made up their minds by then.

Recruits don't pick a school based on their spring game being streamed online. If a recruit hears there are 80k people or more there, that is magnitudes better for recruiting than a glorified practice being televised...

Also, LOL at moat recruits having their minds made up by football season... are you new here?

VN Store

Back