O&W On Internet?

A great many Vol fans can't make it for a variety of reasons. It's a kick in the teeth that UT/CBJ/Powers that be...have locked this thing out of a TV broadcast. With the resources available...its crazy.....just to get attendance at Neyland up. Whatever CBJ....Get us to f*****g BOWL GAME THIS YEAR!

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, I walked to the O&W game from Downtown when I lived there a couple of years ago, and the game was so boring. I think Bray went like 5/30 and 0 Td's. Point being, i understand the point of not having a live stream is to drive up attendance, but I'm not driving 6 hours, and I don't think others that have attended in the past will either. Anyways, just my 2 pennies.

A great many Vol fans can't make it for a variety of reasons. It's a kick in the teeth that UT/CBJ/Powers that be...have locked this thing out of a TV broadcast. With the resources available...its crazy.....just to get attendance at Neyland up. Whatever CBJ....Get us to f*****g BOWL GAME THIS YEAR!

It was not UTs decision. ESPN had initially planned to carry all 13 (A&M is not holding one) spring games online on ESPN3, as they did last year. Those plans changed at a time too late for another carrier to make arraignments to produce the game.

UT could not stream it because the online rights to the video broadcast still belong to ESPN, even though they elected not to use them.

It was not UTs decision. ESPN had initially planned to carry all 13 (A&M is not holding one) spring games online on ESPN3, as they did last year. Those plans changed at a time too late for another carrier to make arraignments to produce the game.

UT could not stream it because the online rights to the video broadcast still belong to ESPN, even though they elected not to use them.

Ok, But you can't tell me that UT could not have made it happen. We may not be BAMA, but we are not UT Martin or UAB or Vandy. We where #3 this recruiting class with 14 EE's. There's nothing you can say "business/legalities" wise that I will even bite on..

In before someone says "ESPN hates us"

That sucks but thx for the explanation, DP.

Luckily, I'll be there bright and early

ESPN hates us?

Very disappointing. There are Vol fans from all around the nation that are pumped up about team 118. Has anyone seen if there will at least be a replay of the game shown like in years past?

No replay. Use to show it on sports south on Sundays and Tuesdays, but the tv schedule says no replay. Atlanta hawks are on instead.

So ESPN won't broadcast the game but they won't let anyone else either because they hold the rights. I DVR it and watch it during the summer. This is not good. A pox on ESPN and their families.

Reactions: 4 people

ESPN 3 is showing Georgia, S Carolina, Alabama and Auburns games

So whats the last minute change ESPN ? - Would like an an answer to that DeerPark

They couldn't line up enough production trucks to do all the games, so they picked ones they could get trucks to.

In a couple of cases, ESPN or another network were in town already to do a baseball or softball games and could use that truck. The UGA game is being done with the same truck that did the baseball game Thursday.

They couldn't line up enough production trucks to do all the games, so they picked ones they could get trucks to.

In a couple of cases, ESPN or another network were in town already to do a baseball or softball games and could use that truck. The UGA game is being done with the same truck that did the baseball game Thursday.

hope this doesnt happen with the SEC Network :ermm:

I'll be at the game but it sucks theres not going to be any kind of broadcast. It kind a stinks…perhaps the conspiracy theorist are right ESPN really does hate us...

Wow, ESPN really DOES hate us! LOL

GBO!

Now that it's the morning of the game I almost feel like a kid ready to throw a tantrum. You know that built up feeling inside ready to burst from anger/annoyance. I was looking forward to seeing Hurd and the newcomers for so long. Really sucks... Hopefully somehow there will be videos on here posted.

VN Store

Back