Now that the attrition has settled down…

Yeah. I get that. Hyams is the first person I've say it so emphatically over the air. I think he even said "we have reported that Pops will not be returning for his senior season."

If Hyams just now said it then BTO is right.....it's been done for long time.

I was unaware of this, but apparently there is a new rule in place called "the run-off rule", which basically states that if your scholarship is not renewed you can transfer to another school and play immediately. So in a case like Pops who is a senior, you may hesitate to run him off knowing he would have to sit out a year previously, but now that's not the case.

Thought that was interesting.

I was unaware of this, but apparently there is a new rule in place called "the run-off rule", which basically states that if your scholarship is not renewed you can transfer to another school and play immediately. So in a case like Pops who is a senior, you may hesitate to run him off knowing he would have to sit out a year previously, but now that's not the case.

Did that just start? Thought I saw them talking about easier transfer rules for football the other night on ESPN but wasn't aware it was actually in effect.

That's the rule I was telling you about last week. I couldn't remember the name of it.

Seems like it leaves room for opinion on getting run off or not. Unhappy player may say he never gets to play or practice enough and is being runofft without the coaches saying it.
Jmo

Seems like it leaves room for opinion on getting run off or not. Unhappy player may say he never gets to play or practice enough and is being runofft without the coaches saying it.
Jmo

I was wondering the same thing, I'm guessing it has to get approved by both player and coach.

Like Hickey at LSU, he isn't returning, but was actually dismissed so surely he can't say well I got run off so it can play wherever I want immediately.

I was wondering the same thing, I'm guessing it has to get approved by both player and coach.

Like Hickey at LSU, he isn't returning, but was actually dismissed so surely he can't say well I got run off so it can play wherever I want immediately.

Coach and school have to sign off on it based on the article I read about it a couple weeks ago.

Maybe it's the ncaa's way of allowing players to move around if it makes sense, not holding them hostage, but also not opening the floodgates.

The rule makes sense. But how does the NCAA decides if it comes down to he said he said. how do they know whether he was run off or didn't want to be there. Polygraph?

The rule makes sense. But how does the NCAA decides if it comes down to he said he said. how do they know whether he was run off or didn't want to be there. Polygraph?

The school and coach from the school the player transfers from have to sign off on the deal.

VN Store

Back