Now that the attrition has settled down…

That's what my walkon friend told me when AJ Davis and Thompson were granted their releases. I assume that the signees were held to the same stipulations.

I was also told that they couldn't be released to anyone on our schedule for the next year up to that point (I know they're still trying to decide finalized scheduling).

It was simply unlikely any of those signees were going to trek cross-country at the last minute to follow Martin to Cal.

At the end of the day, Phil Cofer is really the only departure from the Zo era that stings, except for Stokes, and he wasn't going to come back whether or not Zo was here or not.

And when I think back to the mess Bruce Pearl was in when he was dealing with Buzz's signees (he got lucky that Tyler Smith came back into the fold), Tyndall is crushing it.

I expect Owens to commit today, which I believe would put us at 13 (maximum) scholarship players. We would like and (are trying like heck) to get Carter on campus before he signs elsewhere but that's iffy at this point. That being said, if we could somehow get Carter in the fold, room would be made for him if necessary, without a doubt.

Reactions: 1 person
I expect Owens to commit today, which I believe would put us at 13 (maximum) scholarship players. We would like and (are trying like heck) to get Carter on campus before he signs elsewhere but that's iffy at this point. That being said, if we could somehow get Carter in the fold, room would be made for him if necessary, without a doubt.

It appears that the Carter ship has all but sailed.

Someone has to leave for 2 players to be added...

Richardson
Reese
Moore
Hubbs
Pops
Mostella
Baulkman
McKnight
Chiles
McGhee
Punter
Carmichael

That's 12 scholarship players, you only get 13 scholarships.

Guess Pops is the odd man out, IF DT wants to add a pg after Owens commits today? My bad on the math. Heard Hubbs this morning discuss DT maybe trying to find a PG in the coming weeks if one "fell out of the sky" for him, but that he wouldn't waste the scholly if it wasn't the right player, especially in a HS kid. Made it sound like he had one to burn if he so chooses.

Guess Pops is the odd man out, IF DT wants to add a pg after Owens commits today? My bad on the math. Heard Hubbs this morning discuss DT maybe trying to find a PG in the coming weeks if one "fell out of the sky" for him, but that he wouldn't waste the scholly if it wasn't the right player, especially in a HS kid. Made it sound like he had one to burn if he so chooses.

Right, I think Pops is definitely gone, they can't keep Pops here and run him off in August if they find someone. They'll leave that scholarship open and if they can find someone use it, if not I'm sure a walk on will get it.

As you mentioned though I doubt it'll be a HS kid, it'll either be a JUCO that qualifies that wasn't expected to, or a player who graduates in the summer and has 1 year left.

This past January, I also paid for one year for Brent Hubbs-Vol Quest. I need to get a conformation of my nickname and password.I have tried through Vol quest and Rivals.com.They say to enter E-mail address.When I do ,they say not registered.Then I hit the resend password,they saycomputer erreo or something and to try two minutes later.Also tried to call the !-866 number,they say volume too heavy and try tomorrow.I have been going through this since February.Could someone please e-mail me and let me know how I can get onto Vol Quest.If someone knows Brent Hubbs and can pass this along,so much the better. I don't want to think that my 108.00 dollars has gone for nothing.Any help by Vol Nation members or Grand Poobah himself will be eternally appreciated. Thank you for this time.

It's been done for awhile, but just hasn't been made "official" yet, if that makes sense.

Yeah. I get that. Hyams is the first person I've say it so emphatically over the air. I think he even said "we have reported that Pops will not be returning for his senior season."

This past January, I also paid for one year for Brent Hubbs-Vol Quest. I need to get a conformation of my nickname and password.I have tried through Vol quest and Rivals.com.They say to enter E-mail address.When I do ,they say not registered.Then I hit the resend password,they saycomputer erreo or something and to try two minutes later.Also tried to call the !-866 number,they say volume too heavy and try tomorrow.I have been going through this since February.Could someone please e-mail me and let me know how I can get onto Vol Quest.If someone knows Brent Hubbs and can pass this along,so much the better. I don't want to think that my 108.00 dollars has gone for nothing.Any help by Vol Nation members or Grand Poobah himself will be eternally appreciated. Thank you for this time.

volquest@aol.com

Owens picked UT Martin, wow.

Edit - BTO, please don't joke like that again. The hospitals are getting flooded with shock victims lol.

Last edited:

Call Don Dare. He'll get team 6 On Your Side to investigate, and put an end to the shenanigans. :)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back